Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionHow To Contact Your Opponent [For Dummies]. EmptyHow To Contact Your Opponent [For Dummies].

more_horiz
Here's a small guide I did on how to contact your opponent since I see lots of people just checking DN like "HE'S/SHE'S NOT HERE!! HE'S/SHE'S INACTIVE!"
So I made this little thing in my spare time. Away we go.

How to contact your opponent for DA tournaments: The dummy guide.

Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, (And N), I bring to you a guide that should have been made eons ago. This guide is going to explain every possible way to contact your opponent for a DA tournament/Event! We all know that there are times when people ask how they should contact their opponent, or their opponent is inactive, or they just can't find them. Well, 7/10 times this will most likely be because they choose only one method to look for them, and maybe that method of communication just doesn't suit their opponent. This guide will explain EVERY possible method to contact and opponent for a tournament/event so this problem should disappear... Probably.

Anyway, let's get started on this guide. First up we have what I think should be the first method used to find somebody for a tournament.

Dueling Network
(I will refer to it as "DN" for the remainder of the guide):

As we should all know DN has a "Profile Viewer" option on the main menu. You can find this on the ND column in the middle.

Spoiler :

Here you can type in the DN name of your opponent, you should be able to find this on their DA profile.

Spoiler :

Press enter and it should tell you if they're online, offline, when they were last on, etc. Add them as a friend and hope to catch them on at a time. Simple! Now let's move onto our second option.

DA Private Message System:

Probably the second option I would pick to contact my opponent. DA has it's own PM (private messaging) system. Here are the basic steps:

1. Go to "Memberlist" in the Navbar
Spoiler :
2. Search the members name.
2.5. Click "Send PM" at the far right
Spoiler :

3. Make a message, bla bla bla, press send.
Spoiler :

Now just sit back and wait for yourself to get a message back. Easy as ABC, no? Anyway. Third option away!

Now, this isn't recommended, not everybody uses Skype and those who do may not just give their Skype away. But basically it's pretty simple. If they do give you their Skype name follow these simple steps:
1.Go to the top bar, Contacts>Add Contacts>Search Skype Dictionary
Spoiler :

2. Type in the guys Skype name.
Spoiler :

3.Double click them, go to top right and select "Add Contact"
Spoiler :

4. Wait to accept and done.

Now, last but not least, the final way! Drum roll please!.. No? Okay... *Sad face*.

Anyway, last way to contact someone is...

The DA Chat:

The DA chat is located in the bottom right corner of your browser on most parts of DA, unless you're viewing someone's profile, or you're using Internet Explorer. (Seriously, go download Chrome you dumbf*ck.)
Anyway, just click it, it'll pop up, press log-in, see if your opponent is online, if he is ask him, if he's not use another method. Easy!

Anyway. That's the end of my guide. Bye bye!

Last edited by bakura normal on Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

descriptionHow To Contact Your Opponent [For Dummies]. EmptyRe: How To Contact Your Opponent [For Dummies].

more_horiz
Sticky or pin this w/e it is

+1 for writing a guide to the obvious and for helping the noobcakes

descriptionHow To Contact Your Opponent [For Dummies]. EmptyRe: How To Contact Your Opponent [For Dummies].

more_horiz
-1 cuz common sense :/

more_horiz
Needaname wrote:
-1 cuz common sense :/

We can -1?

more_horiz
I know it's common sense. But this is DA, who the f-ck has common sense here? Have you not look around the tournaments, all most people do is post a screen from DN and say "This guys inactive!" when in fact he's/she's been on DA everyday.

more_horiz
DA needs smarter people...

more_horiz
Let me lay something out for you.

CHILDRENS
CARD
GAME.

more_horiz
The world needs smarter children How To Contact Your Opponent [For Dummies]. 2311628747

more_horiz
We're in the generation of "YOLO" & "SWAG"

Do you think we don't know this already?

more_horiz
bakura normal wrote:

Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, (And N), I bring to you a guide that should have been made eons ago.

more_horiz
Cool guide bako, I am really proud of you Smile

more_horiz
bakura normal wrote:
We're in the generation of "YOLO" & "SWAG"

Do you think we don't know this already?

+1

more_horiz
I just like the part where you say "Ladies and gentleman, (And N)

more_horiz
+1 to this topic, because common sense-- isn't.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply