Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionX Saber Airbellum Discard Issue EmptyX Saber Airbellum Discard Issue

more_horiz
Suppose my opponent attacks me with airbellum he(Or in RL at random) selects gorz,and i chain the effect to summmon gorz to the field,will i still have to discard?

descriptionX Saber Airbellum Discard Issue EmptyRe: X Saber Airbellum Discard Issue

more_horiz
Lets say you attack your opponent directly with Airbellum while he has no cards on the field. Airbellum's effect will activate at the same time as Gorz. Since you are turn player, your effect will be placed as chain link 1, and Gorz as chain link 2.

Chain Link 1 - Airbellum
Chain Link 2 - Gorz

Resolves backwards

Gorz is summoned
A random card is discarded.

So Gorz will be summoned before you randomly discard.

descriptionX Saber Airbellum Discard Issue EmptyRe: X Saber Airbellum Discard Issue

more_horiz
Airbellum's effect does not target a card in the hand. It hits a RANDOM card. In KCVDS, this is often done by the opp selecting a card, but that the truth is it is meant to be RANDOM. There is no target so a random card is discarded when his effect RESOLVES. If you have Gorz in hand, you can chain it to Airbellum's effect in which case he will summon himself and a token, then Airbellum will randomly discard 1 card from the hand.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply