Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Abandoned Dorm Suggestion.

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+10
PowerNova
Linda-Senpai
the white knight
Drunkion
faervel
CrimsonOverlord
Staxx
Galaksii
TricMagic
Lux
14 posters

descriptionAbandoned Dorm Suggestion. - Page 2 EmptyAbandoned Dorm Suggestion.

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

I know this idea has been brought up many times by our older members of the community and I also know that we can order an exclusive title change of color or whatever, but I do feel like the abandoned dorm was unique to us. We worked hard for it just to be pushed down to obelisk. It made us unique, and recognizable as long time members of this community! I don't think it would hurt to bring it back just for us! It would serve its purpose of being "abandoned" because barely any of the purple members were active so it made Kinda sense to have the abandoned dorm there. Let's not mention that, y'all made a white dorm, if y'all can have that, why not bring back the abandoned one back and I guess let it be exclusive if not then have the option to choose light or dark side per say.

Edit: forgot to mention I did read the same suggestion made by Linda senpai before and it got locked, and no it wasn't a league it was a dorm. The whole "if you don't like it that's how DA is because of change" crap is not really helping the cause. I mean, there's no harm in keeping the dorm. I would understand if y'all kept the standard obelisk, slifer, and Ra. But y'all made a white dorm which is an ugly color I might add. It gave this academy history!

descriptionAbandoned Dorm Suggestion. - Page 2 EmptyRe: Abandoned Dorm Suggestion.

more_horiz
I fully support bringing back ABD, returning those who've earned it back to the dorm. To become ABD, a difficult list of prerequisites should be met. First things first though, we need the activity to return. I'm hoping that DB will truly go off as most wish it to as I feel that it can bring about a true revival in the online dueling world.

Not to mention its return would solicit some to obtain it, which ultimately cannot be done without dueling, which I'm for.

If you wish to keep SoL, then so be it. Can ABD return? Why not? One thing I can see, at least ABD held meaning when I saw the rank on a member - SoL honestly holds no weight IMO, a reason I never truly pushed to get into it.

descriptionAbandoned Dorm Suggestion. - Page 2 EmptyRe: Abandoned Dorm Suggestion.

more_horiz
I never mentioned that ABD is still the elite, I mean we were back then, now I am sure most of us are rusty, and lack skill. I mean, hypothetically speaking, we aren't at that skill anymore, but then again, so many obelisks or Ra are probably improperly ranked, but they stayed there after the changes, so don't see why we ABD couldn't. We can't brag about being the best now, we can only brag about being Elite once before.

more_horiz
kyosuke kiryu wrote:
Lux - why would you make us work hard for ABD if the new elite is SOL?

Linda - what was your old username?

I've had *alot* of old usernames. I'm more commonly known simply as N. I don't think you were around in my time, I reached ABD in 2013.

@Lux: ABD is more of a hall of a fame.

more_horiz
I do remember you N. I stopped being active before the pendo came out.

more_horiz
faervel wrote:
Lux wrote:
@kyosuke kiryu, if ABD is considered an 'elite' dorm then I'd want to make it elite! Of course, I haven't actually thought about criterias for it. But I hope you got what I mean. I don't want to announce something 'elite' and then add people for nothing in it. We can always figure out something Smile

Lux-sama you're going in circles. Abandoned Dorm Suggestion. - Page 2 576792747 It is considered Elite but kind of an ex-elite. Just cause you haven't seen the stuff happen doesn't mean they didn't exist. you aren't adding people for "nothing" in it. You are adding them for something that you haven't seen it happen
Put the cool requirements for SoL cause it's easy af to get there atm and if some of the ABDs wants to be an elite again they have to go through those requirements to get to SoL.

I understand what you mean. But the thing is, you've said it already, I haven't been around to see ABD happen. So I cannot add some people and some not if all of them 'deserve' a spot in ABD. 

I don't want to create a dorm (ABD) and have people there for glory 3-4 years back. It's simply stupid and uncool. We can figure out something for ABD again, but it would be executed differently that it has been before and the idea of having people instantly in it is not passing. I hope you understand what I'm saying Smile

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
faervel wrote:
Lux wrote:
@kyosuke kiryu, if ABD is considered an 'elite' dorm then I'd want to make it elite! Of course, I haven't actually thought about criterias for it. But I hope you got what I mean. I don't want to announce something 'elite' and then add people for nothing in it. We can always figure out something Smile

Lux-sama you're going in circles. Abandoned Dorm Suggestion. - Page 2 576792747 It is considered Elite but kind of an ex-elite. Just cause you haven't seen the stuff happen doesn't mean they didn't exist. you aren't adding people for "nothing" in it. You are adding them for something that you haven't seen it happen
Put the cool requirements for SoL cause it's easy af to get there atm and if some of the ABDs wants to be an elite again they have to go through those requirements to get to SoL.

I understand what you mean. But the thing is, you've said it already, I haven't been around to see ABD happen. So I cannot add some people and some not if all of them 'deserve' a spot in ABD. 

I don't want to create a dorm (ABD) and have people there for glory 3-4 years back. It's simply stupid and uncool. We can figure out something for ABD again, but it would be executed differently that it has been before and the idea of having people instantly in it is not passing. I hope you understand what I'm saying Smile

I do it's just kinda like you don't get what we're saying >.>

more_horiz
I get what y'all are saying, but it's not happening. Sorry.
Bringing ABD back for people who were in it without giving NEW people a chance to enter dorm will, I guarantee, not happen. It's not a way to work.

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
I get what y'all are saying, but it's not happening. Sorry.
Bringing ABD back for people who were in it without giving NEW people a chance to enter dorm will, I guarantee, not happen. It's not a way to work.

I don't think it should be locked to only people that were in that dorm before. I think it should go back to the old way of how people got in. Not bringing it back is only going to push people away that were in it before. Example: Placido, came back saw he wasn't in the purple dorm and left the next day. If the people want it, give it to the people. I don't understand the pushback against it. On the off chance someone like Kira Amadeus or Nekofjung pops in for a couple days or a week, members will look at them and say "who are these scrubs?" not knowing they are people that helped shaped this academy and others. Yeah, some of it is about nostalgia, but also a big chunk of it is about respect. This academy has been around for 9 years. The old members that help build this place to what is now deserve to be in ABD. Taking that away from them is like going into an IRL academy and seeing pictures of former deans, presidents, principles, or whoever, on the wall and saying "fuck these guys" and throw their photos in the trash. "Hey @FenixFX I know you were one of the first 5 members of this academy and contributed a lot to it, but we're kicking you down to obby blue because.... reasons"

more_horiz
Get back ABD, make it a race to get there for non abd members and also maybe have ABD users defend their dorm?

This way both sides get active

more_horiz
Lux - it's not "stupid and uncool" to add the old ABD members back. I mean STX explained it the best. I mean if you look around everyone if not almost everyone who has been here in DA for a long time has been agreeing with me. I mean, even in dueling network forums, they have a "retired staff" rank. For those who are retired, but they are still recognized for their work. Since they're not an academy of course they don't have dorms like us. But I mean, you can give people a chance to join ABD too if they want.

more_horiz
@kyosuke kiryu @STX you two have twisted my words. I only say 'no' to bring ABD exclusively to people who were in it before. I got what you guys mean, hope you got what I mean because we mean the same thing.

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
faervel wrote:
Lux wrote:

Lux, think of it like this: All your NBA hall of famers suddenly get kicked out because some new dude wasn't around to see their glory days and wants to create a new system instead, and not even give the original elites any compensation at the least. It's like "oh screw them, it's a new generation now!" 

Pretty unfair, no?

Also if we're going to go with a new criteria to enter ABD. my suggestion is: win 3 DA Leagues and three 16+ people tournaments. Also given to retired admins who were admin for at least six months.

more_horiz
Well ABD should be free to whoever can prove themselves then, and I like Linda-Senpais suggestion.

more_horiz
Well, there was a time where NA had both SoL and ABD if I'm not mistaken. I don't remember how they had there rank system set-up tho. 

For me, the idea of a DA hall of fame is not half bad tho. I don't belive whe need another dorm like ABD. I belive we should get a rank for some renowned DA members, old or present, and put them in a rank of there own. Wether they were amazing duelists or capable staffers. 

I just don't think that having ANOTHER top dorm on top of SoL would be good. Maybe when we get a good activity going and revive the place up, it could be possible and it could help for motivating members to duel even more and prove themselves that they are the best.

more_horiz
Love your comparison with NBA HoF Linda! :D And I agree with you..

But, what I'm trying to say is; Old members who did something for this place deserve a shot-out, yes. But I want to offer something to our new members, because this discussion topic is mostly about old members. We will do that, yes, but I want to offer something new first for people who are here now.

more_horiz
Haven't read any of the above posts, including the OP. However, if this has something to do with having another dorm then forget it. We have enough dorms already.

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:
Haven't read any of the above posts, including the OP. However, if this has something to do with having another dorm then forget it. We have enough dorms already.

@Anzo TL;DR:

1.) "SoL is stupid and boring"
2.) "People who were ABD and worked hard for it got ripped off 

..and so on.

more_horiz
People who were in ABD barely visit anymore, I believe we focus on what we have at the moment instead of feeling nostalgic about the past.

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:
People who were in ABD barely visit anymore, I believe we focus on what we have at the moment instead of feeling nostalgic about the past.

I'm right here.

more_horiz
So is kyousuke,stx etc

more_horiz
It's simple. Remove SoL, grant current members of SoL the option to complete a list of prerequisites unique to them as they've more than likely completed many future prerequisites to enter ABD. All who have at one time been a member of ABD can have their list of current prerequisites to gain entry back into the dorm if everyone feels just because they were there before doesn't mean they can be in it now. For everyone else, we have an extensive list of prerequisites built for this time and age to compete before gaining entry as it was back in the day.

more_horiz
Honestly, what's the point of making an opinion if you don't listen to what the people want? I mean we have a thread opened to have a discussion, and analyze everyone's feedback!

more_horiz
Just for the record; there is still hidden ABD group so we still have all the information about who is part of ABD. 

However, if we would bring back ABD back, we'll have to see what would it look like.

more_horiz
kyosuke kiryu wrote:
Honestly, what's the point of making an opinion if you don't listen to what the people want? I mean we have a thread opened to have a discussion, and analyze everyone's feedback!

Amen.

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
So is kyousuke,stx etc

STX wasn't in Dark?

more_horiz
Galaksii wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
So is kyousuke,stx etc

STX wasn't in Dark?

huh? yeah i was

Abandoned Dorm Suggestion. - Page 2 12183930-a863-4f89-bced-331b13606ec3

more_horiz
STX wrote:
Galaksii wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
So is kyousuke,stx etc

STX wasn't in Dark?

huh? yeah i was

Abandoned Dorm Suggestion. - Page 2 12183930-a863-4f89-bced-331b13606ec3

lmao my nigga got a screenshot ready for any situatuion

more_horiz
you should see the screen shot folder on my phone....

more_horiz
STX wrote:
you should see the screen shot folder on my phone....

same

more_horiz
Lmao boy got nudes, conversations ready to blackmail someone hahaha! Just kidding, but damn that was funny!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply