Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

[Suggestion] Make DA Great Again!

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+10
Jv
faervel
Galaksii
Centrik
Pepchoninga
Booked
PowerNova
Lux
CrimsonOverlord
Skitoritto
14 posters

description[Suggestion] Make DA Great Again! - Page 3 Empty[Suggestion] Make DA Great Again!

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

There is a very low number of TCG [ Banlist & Cardpool ] tournaments on Duel Academy right now. All I see is TCG + OCG card pool and tournament organisers too afraid of the word meta, so afraid they ban decks to create an abortion that is that tournament's meta game. That has to stop, if competitive Yu-Gi-Oh! is what you seek (Tournaments are competitions, so tournament play = competitive play) then provide the participants with eather OCG Banlist + Cardpool or TCG Banlist + Cardpool, host a propper tournament, please!

Activate events, Mafia should not be the most active event on Duel Academy. I do enjoy Mafia but that ain't why we are here, the forum is slowly turning into WDA and that is allso not what people are here for, promote the game that unites the userbase a bit more, organise more stuff, write articles and tutorials to justify the name Duel Academy.

Get the team scene up and going, it does wonders to community and forum activity.

And build the damn wall!

description[Suggestion] Make DA Great Again! - Page 3 EmptyRe: [Suggestion] Make DA Great Again!

more_horiz
Skitoritto wrote:
Yes I am talking about @Jv .
Nostalalgic people won't become active after they left once, so don't coun't on nostalgofegs to become active again.

Can confirm. It's hard to stay active for a while.  bounce

description[Suggestion] Make DA Great Again! - Page 3 EmptyRe: [Suggestion] Make DA Great Again!

more_horiz
You need a reason to stay active dude...you need some motivation...

more_horiz
STX wrote:
so is that a "no" to cash prizes? Let me know...

If we were to have cash prizes, I'd prefer for them to be for a large tournament/event, however we aren't currently hosting any that would fall under this, nor do I see us doing so in the near future (unless something unexpected happens), so for the time being, I'll have to deny your offer, though I appreciate it.

more_horiz
Cash prises would be nice lol [Suggestion] Make DA Great Again! - Page 3 3974120512 

But yeah, let us go with little tournaments first and then go with the other shit.

more_horiz
STX wrote:
so is that a "no" to cash prizes? Let me know...

Well, I won't say no, but the problem is not at the prizes. People don't even finish a tournament that they participate is the problem......but I say yes to cash prize, who knows, it may create some miracles?

more_horiz
What cash prises would do is make people wanna participate more and see the end of the tournament...

more_horiz
That's a merely hypothesis, we will need to test it out to reach a real conclusion. Therefore, I suggest we take a try at the cash prize. However, I do have to say......sadly, we can not have cash prizes every time and STX is not an ATM lol. So, once or twice may be fine but let's see what will happen after this trial.

more_horiz
You know real cash may not be the best lol. I for one would be weary on that. But like amazon gift cards of shit would be all round better. Tho we should try it and see if it would work. 

more_horiz
Amy wanted to use steam games as gifts, but then a reasonable person realises that giving people prizes is bad for your economical status. Even if you got a lot money, you should not just trow it out of the window like that. Seeing how most people in staff aren't supporting their own existance and how people whom are here don't have jobs (Unless they live in china) you can't use such rewards. You can't expect people to pay 2$ to play a tournament, people who do give 2$ for tournaments have real cards and don't hang out on duel academies. So no, DA should not become an online cardgame club.
@Pepchoninga if you spam this i swear to god I will block you.

more_horiz
Cash prizes? Are you guys serious?

more_horiz
Well putting it that way makes it sound very diffrent. But really there should be some prices for bigger tournaments. We could at least try it once. 

more_horiz
@Pepchoninga wrote:
You know real cash may not be the best lol. I for one would be weary on that. But like amazon gift cards of shit would be all round better. Tho we should try it and see if it would work. 

Last time it was a amazon gift card.
@Skitoritto wrote:
Amy wanted to use steam games as gifts, but then a reasonable person realises that giving people prizes is bad for your economical status. Even if you got a lot money, you should not just trow it out of the window like that. Seeing how most people in staff aren't supporting their own existance and how people whom are here don't have jobs (Unless they live in china) you can't use such rewards. You can't expect people to pay 2$ to play a tournament, people who do give 2$ for tournaments have real cards and don't hang out on duel academies. So no, DA should not become an online cardgame club.
@Pepchoninga if you spam this i swear to god I will block you.

I don't think anyone suggested a pay to play tournament. I'm willing to come out of pocket and give a prize. 
@Galaksii wrote:
Cash prizes? Are you guys serious?

I am.

more_horiz
I'll go in on half for any prize wit ya @STX

more_horiz
@PowerNova wrote:
I'll go in on half for any prize wit ya @STX

i'm down with that. Hopefully, the powers that be will come to a decision...

more_horiz
DA ded cause DN ded simple as that. Surprised

more_horiz
Ol, DA js everything but not dead [Suggestion] Make DA Great Again! - Page 3 3974120512 

Everyday 10+ people in chat isn't dead inmy book lol [Suggestion] Make DA Great Again! - Page 3 3974120512

more_horiz
BlackLeg-Sanji wrote:
DA ded cause DN ded simple as that. Surprised

well its one of the major reasons

anyways we said cash price, so what is the cash price going to b used on? like we shud plan out an event of some sort

more_horiz
Do the DA World Championship. There isn't a better event to give out cash prises for ^^

more_horiz
We can't commit ourselves to a cash-prized event. I'm against the idea to be frank. I want to promote fun not awards.

more_horiz
Prises don't need to be cash. They could be something like amazon gift cards which is genuinely best. I would like for a World Championship to be hosted after another YCS or something.

more_horiz
well, let's see wut stx n nova says then

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply