Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionBest cards for side deck currently? EmptyBest cards for side deck currently?

more_horiz
I'm having hard time following the game's pace.

I need to know common monsters, traps and spells that can go to any decks to but I'll make an another thread for that Wink

descriptionBest cards for side deck currently? EmptyRe: Best cards for side deck currently?

more_horiz
I'm not really up to speed with yugioh at the moment but i would side.
both light and shadow imprisoning mirrors
Flying C for xyz heavy decks like burning abyss and pendulum
Anti-spell fragrance
Imperial Iron Wall (kozmo)
vanity's emptiness and vanity's fiend for obvious reasons
mask of restrict and fog king (monarch)

descriptionBest cards for side deck currently? EmptyRe: Best cards for side deck currently?

more_horiz
Your Side Deck choices are mostly determined by what deck you're playing, so you'll need to tell us what deck it is you wish to use, so that we can tell you which Side Deck cards will work best in that deck to counter the current meta.

more_horiz
Flying "C" is an annoying card, but not up to the meta. 

Ghost Ogre and Cherry rabbit (Dunno if it's spelled like that...) alongside with Dante and Blue-eyes Spirit dragon (Maybe even some other problematic boss monsters) is a great side deck combo, that can absolutely kill your opponent. 

Mask of Restrict is not really needed, cuz Monarchs are rearly played. 

more_horiz
I sometimes run non-fusion zone for ABC and sometimes kijus? (Shoot, I can't spell it) for some really problematic monsters

more_horiz
Interesting, but doesn't seem like it's gonna do something in the new format...also why against kaijus...

more_horiz
I don't know I'm stuck in the past, and I haven't played a torni in some time

more_horiz
I'm currently using Cyber Drag Nigs.

more_horiz
Let's see if I can help any.  First, we have the Imprisoning Mirrors.  Most of the meta consists of Light and Dark monsters, so these can be useful.  Since you're playing Cyber Dragons, however, Light-Imprisoning Mirror would hurt you, as well.  As such, you're going to want other options.

One of the best options is Ghost Reaper & Winter Cherries (Pep was nowhere close to getting the name right).  If you look at the effect, you can see why.  You're going to want to go with the Light boss monsters as your targets, such as Dante, Cyber Dragon Infinity, and ABC-Dragon Buster (currently OCG).  Another good target is Toadally Awesome (Treatoad; currently OCG), since that's going to be another prominent card in the meta.  If you're worried about your Blue-Eyes match-up, you can also go with Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon.

Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit is another good side deck card, as it destroys a card that activates its effect.  Be aware that it doesn't negate, unless the card needs to remain face-up on the field to resolve.

Imperial Iron was is a great option against both Kozmos and ABCs.  Against Kozmos, the opponent can't use the effects that require them to banish for their effects (basically every card in the deck).  Against ABCs, they can't summon Dragon Buster.  If Dragon Buster is already on the field, they can't use the effect of it.  (While we're on the topic of ABCs, don't use Non-Fusion Area.  Dragon Buster's summon doesn't count as a Fusion Summon.)

Kaijus are good options for removing monsters that you have trouble getting rid of.  Most people prefer Gameciel, since it has the lowest ATK of all of them.  I don't really like it because it's Level 8, so if it has to stay on the field against Blue-Eyes (for whatever reason), they can use it for an Xyz.  I prefer Kumongous since it only has 200 more ATK and it's Level 7.  In your case, however, I would go with Jizukiru.  Even though it has the most ATK, it's a Machine, so you can easily remove it with Chimeratech Fortress Dragon.

Mask of Restrict is another good option.  Some people will still play Monarchs, so it can be used against those.  It can also be used again Cyber Angel Herald (which isn't meta, but it's a somewhat common rouge deck).  They're another Light deck, so this is a good option for them since you can't really use Light-Imprisoning Mirror.  Majespecters aren't played too often, but they're another thing that can be stopped with Mask of Restrict.  Since their spells and traps require them to tribute a monster, this would prevent them from doing so.

The last one off the top of my head is Anti-Spell Fragrance.  It can be used against any Pendulum deck (prevents them from setting their scales), Blue-Eyes (which play a lot of spells), and Cyber Angel Herald (making them have to wait a turn to Ritual Summon their monsters).

I hope this was helpful.  Good luck on your side deck.

more_horiz
Lel, I'm shit with names Dan Razz 

Another good card to side is CRIMSON SUNBIRD.

Dk it it's good against every deck and can be easily summoned by the will of the Gods...

Also it shits on ABC Best cards for side deck currently? 1151057309

more_horiz
How about Soul Drain?

more_horiz
it good for stoping graveyard and bainsh effects and your oppenet can't chain to when it actives. it but it will also effect you.

more_horiz
Centrik wrote:
How about Soul Drain?

It has some uses.  Against ABCs, they won't get their searches when their monsters are destroyed.  Against Blue-Eyes, the main thing it'll stop are the Stones.  It will almost completely stop Burning Abyss.  It won't do much to Pendulums since most of their monsters go to the Extra Deck.  That should cover the main things.

The main downside to it is it prevents you from using grave effects, as well.  Since you're playing Cyber Dragons, I believe the main thing it stops for you is Cyber Dragon Core.  Its grave effect is very useful for helping you regain advantage.

Overall, its a good card, but you'll have to be careful with it.

more_horiz
Skill Drain is too risky and is good for you only in some decks. 

more_horiz
Pepchoninga wrote:
Skill Drain is too risky and is good for you only in some decks. 

Wrong card, Pep.

more_horiz
sorry i meant Soul drain

more_horiz
@Pepchoninga lol why are you so bad at names.

more_horiz
Same fucking shit Best cards for side deck currently? 3974120512 

You got the idea lel Best cards for side deck currently? 3974120512 

I dunno, names are just too good formeh. 

more_horiz
Smh, I haven't seen many KAIJU mentions. If you're not maining them (tbh, you should be), siding them is absolutely mandatory. If you're playing CyDras, Jizukiru is a good option. Sure, it's a beefy attacker, but it is also a machine (so, Chimerataching it is viable). They out sooo many threats, it's not even funny. Gameciel is the most sided and 'generic' pick, but there is literally a Kaiju for any deck ((as I said: Jizukiru is good in CyDras).

more_horiz
ScottyAdams wrote:
Smh, I haven't seen many KAIJU mentions. If you're not maining them (tbh, you should be), siding them is absolutely mandatory. If you're playing CyDras, Jizukiru is a good option. Sure, it's a beefy attacker, but it is also a machine (so, Chimerataching it is viable). They out sooo many threats, it's not even funny. Gameciel is the most sided and 'generic' pick, but there is literally a Kaiju for any deck ((as I said: Jizukiru is good in CyDras).

Yeah but I still don't see how it fits in other decks?

I used Kaiju in my Cyber Drag Nigs also which is kinda good. It's sure a plan-destroyer.

more_horiz
Kaijus are the one stop 'out a troublesome monster' fix for any deck. Running Mermails or a deck that uses trade in? Gameciel is your guy (Water for merms, and lvl 8 for Trade-in), have a deck that uses Allure? Raiden's your guy (Dark type). There's one for any situation and deck. Also, system down is a good side v ABCs

more_horiz
What do you think about Spell Shattering Arrow? Are there any decks that use lots of continous and field spell cards?

more_horiz
Oh I don't know...every fucking pendulum deck...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply