Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Godly Guide for Downloading YGOpro

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+4
Alisae
Centrik
CrimsonOverlord
Pepchoninga
8 posters

descriptionGodly Guide for Downloading YGOpro EmptyGodly Guide for Downloading YGOpro

more_horiz
Hello fellow duelists and welcome to the Godly Guide for Downloading YGOpro made by me, THE ALL MIGHTY GOD OF GODS ^^ 

I know this is not my job, but since many members have problems getting our main dueling platform and dueling is starting to get more mainstream on the forum yet again, I decided it would be good to make a good guide on how to get YGOpro in mere minutes. 

Note: This tutorial will be for Windows. I cannot guarantee it will work on other systems as well.

Note: If this post seems inappropriate or is not in the making of staff members you are free to remove it.

Step 1: First thing you need to do is download the YGOpro file. Since it has been removed from the official YGOpro site and you will probably have a hard time finding it on the internet, Duel Academy has given us download links we can use ^^

Here is the topic where you can find the download links - http://www.duelacademy.net/t48137-update-new-default-platform .

Once you are there, read the post and find this section: 
Godly Guide for Downloading YGOpro Screen10

As you can see you have 2 options: Either to get the full version but but you will have to download the images manually post download, or get the full version with images already there. In the post it is recommended for you to download the version with no images for better quality. While this is good images can be replaced easily with HD photos, so this really isn't that big of a deal. The download of the images post download is a pretty time consuming thing (talking from personal experience), but then again you can choose which version to get.

Step 2: After you've chosen which version you want to get, the link will bring you to the site MEGA (Site similar to DropBox where people can upload and download different content). After you are there you will most likely see one of the following:
Version 1 (No pictures) Godly Guide for Downloading YGOpro Screen11
Version 2 (With pictures) Godly Guide for Downloading YGOpro Screen12

The links contain no viruses, so go ahead and download without any fear ^^ (Use the option "Download through your browser", since the other one needs some special stuff Razz )

Step 3: After the file has finished downloading to your computer go ahead and find it (It will most likely be in your "Downloaded files" folder, except if you haven't changed it manually.) after you have found the file on your computer you will need to extract it. 

Note: For you to be able to extract the file you will need an extraction program (7-zip or WinRar are the best you can use.). So if you do not have such program, you will need to instal one. They are completely free and easy to instal, so you should not encounter any problems ^^ Here are links to where you can get both programs:

7-zip: http://www.7-zip.org/
WinRar: http://www.win-rar.com/download.html

After you've got your extracting program we can proceed. Right click your YGOpro file with your mouse and find where it says either 7-zip or WinRar. Click on it and select the option that says "Extract to "ygopro-1.033.7-v2-Percy-full.7z\"

It should look something like this:
Godly Guide for Downloading YGOpro Screen13

After you have extracted the file into a folder with the name "ygopro-1.033.7-v2-Percy-full" click on it .

The folder should contain these files:
Godly Guide for Downloading YGOpro Screen14

Step 4: Open up the game launcher.

The last thing you need to do to open YGOpro is simple open up the launcher. Find the file named "ygopro_vs" and click on it.

Here is how the icon should look:
Godly Guide for Downloading YGOpro Screen15

And BOOM! You have successfully downloaded YGOpro ^^ Because the version is unfortunately a bit outdated you will need to instal an update. You will see an update log when you start the launcher and from there you just need to follow the easy steps to update to the newest version. 

Note: If you downloaded the version without the images, you will need to manually do this after finishing with the update. The way I know (There could be an easier way I do not know off) is going to "Deck Edit" (From the menu) and clicking search. You will then have to scroll down through all the cards until they download.

Hopefully this tutorial was helpful to those who were experiencing problems problems getting the dueling platform.

If you have any questions or further problems be sure to make post it here and somebody will try and help you out ^^ 

Godly Guide for Downloading YGOpro 2281178498  ON YOUR KNEEZ BEFORE THE ALL MIGHTY GOD OF GODS ^^  Godly Guide for Downloading YGOpro 2281178498

descriptionGodly Guide for Downloading YGOpro EmptyRe: Godly Guide for Downloading YGOpro

more_horiz
Bless you pep for this. Someone pin this

descriptionGodly Guide for Downloading YGOpro EmptyRe: Godly Guide for Downloading YGOpro

more_horiz
I put in some hefty work for it, so you better pin it lol Razz Or atleast pin the page from where you get the download links.

@Anzo @NightBot @Bookingly

more_horiz
Why are you trying so hard to be in staff.

more_horiz
He deserves it though lol

more_horiz
Nah, I just got a bit of inspiration Razz 

Also I wanna be staff, so I can ban you Godly Guide for Downloading YGOpro 3974120512 

more_horiz
Wow this guide taught me how to get a girlfriend. Godly Guide for Downloading YGOpro 4204681869

more_horiz
Dude, it's that magical O_O

Also, people are dumber then you think...It never hurts to have a guide if something doesn't work or something like that Razz 

more_horiz
It could use some rewording/phrasing, but It'll do. Also don't pin it, just move it to a more proper section - say, General Yugioh Discussion?

more_horiz
Will move it.

Also will re-edit it if I find time Razz 

more_horiz
Fuck no, Yugioh never got anyone a girlfriend.

more_horiz
Only a staffer can move it to a different section.

more_horiz
@Anzo, then move it :=

@Dazo...depends buddy...depends...

more_horiz
You know me man, too lazy to hover over a button and click it.

more_horiz
Sure it's hard  Godly Guide for Downloading YGOpro 4204681869

@NightBot, please do it if you have the time.

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:
You know me man, too lazy to hover over a button and click it.

Andorra: Tell Roach to make u admin
Centrik: k. cool.
page mod can only adjust stuff.
just make me admin he's dead.
i need to post.
my urge to post in increasing.
Andorra: Dont know how
Centrik: wtf lol you been admins for almost 10 years.
admimn*
Andorra: I always have someone who does work for me
Centrik: just search how to admin someone on faceboook.
Andorra: Lazyyy
Centrik: Click Settings at the top of your Page.
          Click Page Roles in the left column.
          Type a name or email in the box: ...
          Click Editor to select a role from the dropdown menu.
          Click Save and enter your password to confirm.
(Time passed. Andorra didn't do shjt................Then Roach made me admin.)
Centrik: now i can post as DA.
Andorra: He made u admin?
Centrik: yaeh.
Andorra: K
Centrik: k.*

more_horiz
Finally managed to get a ygopro build working on my end (yay!) but I must ask... How are updates handled these days?

more_horiz
DDS wrote:
Finally managed to get a ygopro build working on my end (yay!) but I must ask... How are updates handled these days?

Ygopro autoupdates if you got the full version. If not you have to manually get the updates they release.

more_horiz
See, I told ya all this guide is magical ^^ it helps even Linux user lel Razz 

more_horiz
Pepchoninga wrote:
See, I told ya all this guide is magical ^^ it helps even Linux user lel Razz 

It didnt help lux lmao

more_horiz
Lol, cuz he probably didn't do something right lmao...

more_horiz
Seriously I don't need tutorial to install Pro but I'm following pep's tutorial lol.

more_horiz
That's why it's Godly...

Because even when you don't need it, you still need it lol 

more_horiz
9/10 happy customers

*Lux opens his notepad he got downloaded*

more_horiz
Try the other version. 

more_horiz
Wow why are there only few people duel now?

Like less than 10. Around the world.

Or am I wrong somewhere?

more_horiz
Lol, you mean on YGOpro? 

Try on the checkmate server. Most players go on ranked, tho there is unranked. People prefer it over waiting to find a room. 

more_horiz
Oh so checkmate is ranked I see. US and USA are not ranked?

more_horiz
You can play unranked on checkmate as well. 

I don't really know the difference between the USA and EU server...they are more like the advanced and traditional menus on DA. You will always find better players in USA server. Godly Guide for Downloading YGOpro 3974120512 

more_horiz
Also what's the problem with time limit. I still run down on time even when it's my opponent's turn. And that always causes me losing.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply