Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionDA: Introducing Achievements! EmptyDA: Introducing Achievements!

more_horiz
Yo,

So with the new skin we're going to bring back the notorious achievements system which nobody really liked back at the time. And I say notorious because the last time we had it we didn't really put our hearts into it, and eventually we ended up removing it. This time we tried to be better at our jobs and actually pour more effort to make it work. The new achievements system will be displayed in both your profile and messages, and it'll apply on past achievements as well - that is, if you've won a tournament 3 years ago, you'd still get the 'Win a Tournament' achievement and unlock the icon permanently.

Earning achievements should be one way to have fun around here Wink

You can check all of our available achievements by following this link: http://www.duelacademy.net/h34-achievements

This is how they'd display in your profile: http://prntscr.com/c1va1c

We're going to roll it out in a couple of days, we still have few things to work out before we kick things off. If you've got any questions please do let me know.

~Cheers

descriptionDA: Introducing Achievements! EmptyRe: DA: Introducing Achievements!

more_horiz
I want mah icons! And I love the archievements. I could suggest couple of more.

more_horiz
Sure, if you've got something interesting then please share it with us. Sky is the limit to how many achievements we can have.

Also, the system is probably going to be available tomorrow, I just need to make sure my staffers learn their ways around it before we kick it off.

more_horiz
I bet you didn't even earn yours.

more_horiz
I did earn all of them in fact, though some are a bit older than the others; for instance, the 'GG2EZ' and the 'Never back down!' were when I played the game competitively. Believe it or not, I used to win tournaments.

more_horiz
If anyone has some interesting ideas and thoughts for our achievements then please do share them with us, I've been getting a lot of messages claiming we need more achievements, yet no one bothered to suggest some new ones. So, I'll say this again: If you have an idea for an achievement, then post here or PM it to me.

more_horiz
I have a couple of ideas.

I'll post them later tonight. 

more_horiz
Well i know it might be something little but for me if you wanna rejuvenate the forum you should put some achievements for progressing trough the dorms. Like when you get your first post you get an achievement for getting into slifer, one for ra, obelisk and the society of light. You know so new people can have achievements that are easy to get so they have a motivation to get more. That is if you still wanna go in the direction of Yu-Gi-Oh entirely like before.

more_horiz
Pepchoninga wrote:
Well i know it might be something little but for me if you wanna rejuvenate the forum you should put some achievements for progressing trough the dorms. Like when you get your first post you get an achievement for getting into slifer, one for ra, obelisk and the society of light. You know so new people can have achievements that are easy to get so they have a motivation to get more. That is if you still wanna go in the direction of Yu-Gi-Oh entirely like before.

That's actually a great idea. 

more_horiz
Im wondering though how will adding more and more work? As you can see some users have the achievement bar full already. If we add more achievements to x user does that mean his onscreen profile will get incredibly tall, thus kinda ruining the aesthetic ?

more_horiz
@Pepchoninga Interesting idea, I'll keep it in mind.

@CrimsonOverlord Well, that's a tough task if you ask me. I mean, we've some veterans here and there who might end up with extended profiles, but for other members achieving some of these achievements is going to take some time. So at least for now we don't need to worry about the aesthetic perspective of thing. Though, I can always give it a fixed height and add a scroller on the side, so no big deal.

more_horiz
Well for the older members with more achievements they could only have there best achievements displayed. This would also show that they have achieved a lot in the forums.

more_horiz
That would beat the purpose of achievements to be frank.

But, I don't see why we're discussing placements right now. I don't believe it's an issue we're having. Leave the future for the future to deal with.

To give you a better idea: If we ever started having troubles with extended profiles, we can always make the images smaller a bit: http://prntscr.com/c36oac

more_horiz
Why are topics with archievements getting locked? I see no purpose at all. If a member unlocks more archivements they have to make a new topic which is just...stupid. 

And here is one (Three) more archievements you can add:

1. Sell 3 items from your Shop
2. Sell 5 items from your Shop
3. Sell 10 items from your Shop

I'll suggest more when I get an idea for some :D 

more_horiz
@Anzo  DA: Introducing Achievements! 576792747

more_horiz
Don't double post DA: Introducing Achievements! 4204681869

And these achievements are meh, try to think harder.

more_horiz
Screw rules :troll: 

And what about my question?  DA: Introducing Achievements! 576792747

more_horiz
What question?

more_horiz
They are unlocked now, so no questions.

more_horiz
Yay! 

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply