Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionUpdate: Join the DA family! EmptyUpdate: Join the DA family!

more_horiz
Hello lads, Wink

As some of you know, Duel Academy is one of the very few academies that managed to survive through thick and thin thanks to its hard-working, assiduous, diligent staff members over the past 7 years. We always seek to recruit our most loyal members to take care of our little happy place. It takes time and effort to do what staffers do for DA without hesitation or slacking, and that's what we're seeking: commitment.

Despite the up and downs, we always try to maintain a balanced number of active staffers at a time. You might've noticed that we have tendency of keeping those staffers who go inactive for a good period of time before we finally remove them, reason is due to the fact that we always try to have a +1 in our staff team, so when one goes MIA we always have someone to fill in.

Currently, at the time of creating this topic, Duel Academy has a total of 8 Staff members, that is including Administrators, Moderators and Assistants. Taking into consideration that it's summer time, and people might get busy, we're willing to embrace our forces with an additional couple of staffers.

Usually, we'd go around those who have been active forum-wise, especially those who makes it to Top 10 Posters at the end of the month - they have a much higher chance of being nominated for a staff position. Though, that's not always the case. Posting a lot doesn't necessarily means you're a solid staff material, your posts needs to meet a few criteria before they can be looked upon as valuable addition to our forum content. But, we won't be telling members how they should be posting around, as I said, it's not mandatory that you make it to that list; but it's still something that'd give you a better shot when being nominated.

At the end of each month we evaluate our staff team and try to get new faces around, someone enthusiastic and willing to do work when tasked to. Hence, I'm giving you this opportunity to join our staff team and help out with our community.

For those willing to be part of our family, all you need to do is show up more on daily bases, indulge yourself in our forum and give us the impression that you really like this place and have the intention to stick around. By the end of this month we're going to choose at least two more new staffers to add to our staff team. It could be anyone.

Duel Academy is a community that seeks to provide others with fun time where they try to meet new people and get to experience a different kind of unique events and tournaments while being professional and decent at the same time.

This is basically a recruitment thread. If you have any questions feel free to ask below and I'll attend to your question as soon as possible. :D

descriptionUpdate: Join the DA family! EmptyRe: Update: Join the DA family!

more_horiz
It's a trick! Anzo has a van!

Jokes aside, good luck to everyone who wants to try themselves in staffing!

more_horiz
TFW no tl;dr Sad

By staffing positions do you mean Assistants or Moderators? Certainly Administrative permissions are off the table.

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
It's a trick! Anzo has a van!

Jokes aside, good luck to everyone who wants to try themselves in staffing!

Yeah I see that white ice cream truck van. lol

more_horiz
Badzo wrote:
If you have any questions feel free to ask below and I'll attend to your question as soon as possible. :D

This tells me nothing! D:<
Aight we going for Administrator. Lets go Twisted Evil

more_horiz
DMK wrote:
TFW no tl;dr Sad

By staffing positions do you mean Assistants or Moderators? Certainly Administrative permissions are off the table.

Ignore what this nub says^

I might hire an Admin if it's someone capable. Nobody knows.

more_horiz
I might make a good moderator. I am somewhat online a lot and I do have much experience. I've been moderator in many other academies, all of them pretty much dead. I did however revive one dead academy for a few days, was a good few days. Yeah guess ill try out.

more_horiz
well there is alway me.....  Update: Join the DA family! 2844842765

Do i need to upload my resume? I've been staff on every major yugioh academy except this one.... which thinking about it, is probably why this academy is the only one that has survived.... sooooo you're welcome

Update: Join the DA family! 2864255611

more_horiz
@Flash Dreyar @STX I didn't say anything about applying for the position. I merely pointed out how we intend to pick our staffers so that you'd know what to do from this point forward should you want to try your chances at getting it.

more_horiz
I don't want to tell you how to run your forum and all (after all, this is the longest yugioh academy iirc), but are you basing your staff on activity (yes, even if you word it nicely like "valuable posting") rather than communication, leadership, good judgment etc?
I mean, that's the impression I am getting from this.

more_horiz
hazmah wrote:
I don't want to tell you how to run your forum and all (after all, this is the longest yugioh academy iirc), but are you basing your staff on activity (yes, even if you word it nicely like "valuable posting") rather than communication, leadership, good judgment etc?

That's what the Admins exist for. No one knows how to run a place until they're given the chance to, and even then, the'd have to follow their senior co-workers steps before they learn how to do their job. However, a member's activity is essential. Knowing how to do job while you're not around means nothing.

Qualities such as 'communication', 'leadership', and 'good judgement' are acquired upon contact with other members, it is of course needed for a staff member, but it's not mandatory. Everything a staffer does, whether it is to solve a problem between members, call off an event or tournament, DQ someone from a tournament or ban someone from the chat, all is discussed thoroughly among the staffers and it is not something done individually.

For a small community, such as ourselves here, we don't need to pay much attention to every detail. We can pass on some qualities for the sake of others.

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:
hazmah wrote:

That's what the Admins exist for. No one knows how to run a place until they're given the chance to, and even then, the'd have to follow their senior co-workers steps before they learn how to do their job. However, a member's activity is essential. Knowing how to do job while you're not around means nothing.

Qualities such as 'communication', 'leadership', and 'good judgement' are acquired upon contact with other members, it is of course needed for a staff member, but it's not mandatory. Everything a staffer does, whether it is to solve a problem between members, call off an event or tournament, DQ someone from a tournament or ban someone from the chat, all is discussed thoroughly among the staffers and it is not something done individually.

For a small community, such as ourselves here, we don't need to pay much attention to every detail. We can pass on some qualities for the sake of others.

I'm not going to say activity is irrelevant, it's the opposite infact, however to give someone who does not know communication, leadership and good judgement a staff position is just... bad. I understand that admins are here and that everything is discussed beforehand, but what if no admins are on and a situation needs to be resolved asap? Maybe leadership isn't a necessity, but communication and judgement surely are.

Also, now that you've said that everything is processed, what's the point in mods and assistants? To handle the smaller things? Well, you've already destroyed that point by saying everything is processed to the admins. To report the smaller things? I mean, you could just tell the members to report shit.

I just don't understand why you would want mods and assistants if EVERYTHING they do has to go through the approval of admins. It seems you have a heavy lack of trust with your other staff members, or you simply don't want to give them any power.

P.s. Just to clarify, I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing.

more_horiz
There is more to than meets the eye.

If such a method was wrong then we wouldn't exist here today as the sole, most active academy on the neighborhood. Many of us have been doing this for quite sometime now, and elaborating everything to you would honestly take a lot of time and effort. All you need to know is this: we know what we're doing.

more_horiz
Maybe I'll come back to the staff if you'll have me @Anzo

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply