Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Duel Academy Survey - April 2016

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+11
niney16
Neji
Nuran
Eustass Kid
username290
Leo
Galaksii
DMK
DanelerH
Pabel
AbyssalYGO
15 posters

descriptionDuel Academy Survey - April 2016 EmptyDuel Academy Survey - April 2016

more_horiz
Hello folks.

We've prepared a series of questions for you to answer. I hope you answer all of the questions sincerely. If you're not sure whether your answer is correct or not, then you can choose to leave the question unanswered, just don't give us wrong answers that you're mostly sure are incorrect.

We'd like to know how you view our progress and plans in DA thus far, and what you think of DA overall

Q1: How would you describe DA Staff members?
Q2: What is the first thing you check when you log-in to DA?
Q3: What are you mostly interested about in DA?
Q4: How did you find out about DA?
Q5: What made you decide to stick with us?
Q6: Have you been harassed by a Staff member before? If yes, who was it?
Q7: What Dueling platforms do you use?
Q8: What do you think of our Tournaments Schedule?
Q9: Do you use the Full-screen Chatbox?
Q10: Do you find communicating with others in DA and making new friends hard to do?
Q11: Do you think our items in the Central Shop are over-priced?
Q12: How long are you planning on staying in DA? And if you're leaving soon, what are the reasons?
Q13: What makes you like a forum? generally speaking.
Q14: Are you part of any other academies?
Q15: On a scale of 1 to 10, how much would you give to DA's Theme/Skin?
Q16:  Do you prefer light or dark skin?
Q17: What do you think of our staff as a whole, do we have too many staffers? or do we need more staffers?
Q18: Do you think our Tournaments are dull and not creative enough?
Q19: How many hours do you spend browsing DA on daily bases?
Q20: Would you support DA if we adapt other games on a serious level? Games such as Hearthstone, Magic the Gathering, or Pokemon for example.
Q21: Aside from dueling, what else do you do in DA when you're bored?
Q22: What is your opinion on the fact that our Ranking system is circuit-dependent?
Q23: Did Dueling Network's fall affect your stay at the Duel Academy?
Q24: Do you like our Ranking-up system? Would you like any other rank-up system?
Q25: Is there something you don't like in/about DA?
Q26: How would you recommend improving DA as a whole from your own perspective.
Q27: What are your thoughts on our Duel Points distribution?
Q28: What do you think of DA's Central Shop? Should we add more stuff? If yes, do you have any ideas what

Last edited by Lux on Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total

descriptionDuel Academy Survey - April 2016 EmptyRe: Duel Academy Survey - April 2016

more_horiz
Q1: Tbh I barely notice who is staff and who isn't, everyone is somewhat equal. Besides that one idiot claiming he is king when he isn't Razz
Q2: Latest Topics, after that how many people are in chat.
Q3: Talking with others who are able to take in Konami's madness and play their famous childrens card game, Yu-Gi-Oh
Q4: I googled Duel Academy on google because I used to be in one a while ago, found this one, yay.
Q5: Some fun people, mainly to duel CrimsonOverlord though, always fun to duel/chat with him. (Not saying the rest here isn't nice, just felt like giving him a special mention.)
Q6: Not as far as I can remember
Q7: Ygopro (Percy), DevPro. I decided upon ditching DN a while ago.
Q8: Its alright, finding time to duel your opponent (Timezones, life) can be hard at times.
Q9: More than the actual forum tbh
Q10: Nah, there is a chat where you can just talk to people, they don't bite lol. People in general are nice here.
Q11: To be honest I never checked the shop as DP kinda feels useless in general.
Q12: No idea, atleast will be here for a while.
Q13: Great community, activity, presence of a chat box, discussion topics, decent activity atleast
Q14: Not anymore, used to be part of some, don't feel like looking it up.
Q15: 4, it functions but it looks so bland. DA icon is great but it feels so plain in general, maybe something more black would work better, and have more than 3 characters in the header?
Q16: Dark by far
Q17: Feels just right I guess, Usually multiple staff members in chat.
Q18: To be honest, yeah. WCQ is somewhat boring, Asian tournament is fun for change, besides that... nothing that interesting... Maybe something like revisiting old formats (not GOAT but also plant synchro, stuff like that) or alternative banlist/challenges at times would be fun. Only have been here for a month or so I think, so I might be wrong and might have missed them.
Q19: Actual browsing? 1 hour maybe? Usually check it once in a while for activity, and regularly use chat.
Q20: It depends. Yu-Gi-Oh has to have priority ofcourse, but having others could be fun, but if they take too much priority it would suck.
Q21: General banter/talking
Q22: This question represents the emptyness of my soul.
Q23: Activity increased due to no more use of that shitty platform. If focus shifts to DN, I'll probably stop joining tournaments in general tbh.
Q24: The current ranking system... I dunno, I don't really feel it... ranks feel irrelevant in general (atleast on here), and the ranking up isn't exactly a challenge, its just something that happens... Rank up duels/exams can be fun, but they also have their negatives.
Q25: Well, forced usage of DN is gone now, so not really I guess? Ranks feel useless atm, might aswell ditch them how they currently are.
Q26: Eh no idea to be honest, make the ranks and dp feel more relevant? DP just rots away at this point, couldn't care less about my rank.
Q27: Current DP system is useless tbh.
Q28: Yeah, add more as its currently... okay but not interesting.. No idea what though.

descriptionDuel Academy Survey - April 2016 EmptyRe: Duel Academy Survey - April 2016

more_horiz
Great. I don't have a problem from any of them.

Status on tournaments

Basically Tournaments

I was a member a few years ago. I decided to come back after looking at an interesting tournament in the DN forum section and reminded me of the times I had over here.

I want to experience the interesting side of competition in yugioh again. I had fun with tournaments and competing with others for points at the Duel Arena. It was fun. 
Nope. Never.

Anything is fine with me.

Its not bad, its just a shame it is not receiving much activity. 

There's a full-screen chatbox?
Q10: Do you find communicating with others in DA and making new friends hard to do?

Nope.

Well I never shop there nor was I interested in it, but if I do have the funds, I'll give it a try.
Q12: How long are you planning on staying in DA? And if you're leaving soon, what are the reasons?

Well I don't know. I'm starting to think about quitting the game since konami gave us, yet again, another lazy made banlist so right now it depends....... It depends.

I like it how it keeps me updated on what is new in yugioh.

Nope. 

5. This skin is too bright. Like way too much white. So white, it hurts my eyes. I like the old skin better.

Dark skin.
Q17: What do you think of our staff as a whole, do we have too many staffers? or do we need more staffers?

Its pretty balance. There is a right amount of staffs and I don't think you guys need more or less than what you guys have. 

They are pretty creative, its just a shame that it is not receiving as much attention at it should be having.

Not too often. I go on events on yugioh and other card games outside the computer. For example, I'm currently prepping for State championship for Force of Will that is coming next month.
Q20: Would you support DA if we adapt other games on a serious level? Games such as Hearthstone, Magic the Gathering, or Pokemon for example.

I don't mind. I don't know about the others since they joined a group the is name DA for a reason. Thinking it is yugioh only, but I think it is all on them.

I like reading on the up-to-date news about new cards coming out. I also go on the deck discussions to read on other people's decklist and what they need to improve on. 
Q22:
question 22?

Nope
Q24: Do you like our Ranking-up system? Would you like any other rank-up system?

I haven't seen the ranking-up system yet, but if it is the same like a couple years ago then I think it was great.

Just activity. That's it. 

That I don't know. We can try recruiting new members on different platforms other than DN. I think it's now harder nowadays since the whole DN fiasco. 

It's pretty fair to me. At least it gives value on those points that people have to earn. 
Q28: What do you think of DA's Central Shop? Should we add more stuff? If yes, do you have any ideas what

Yes there should be more stuff on it. Sadly, I don't have any ideas what should be added. Hopefully others have ideas on this subject.

more_horiz
Sorry 'bout the question 22. 

Our rank-up system is Circuit.

more_horiz
I have only been here for a couple of days, so any questions that I can't answer will be answered with "N/A".

Q1: How would you describe DA Staff members?
N/A

Q2: What is the first thing you check when you log-in to DA?
Chat and latest posts

Q3: What are you mostly interested about in DA?
I'm interested in the DA Circuit.  It's definitely a more interesting way of ranking up than taking a test and it helps as an improvement benchmark.

Q4: How did you find out about DA?
DA is affiliated with North Duel Academy, but since the latter is becoming a general gaming forum, I decided to join one of the affiliated academies for a pure Yu-Gi-Oh forum.

Q5: What made you decide to stick with us?
N/A

Q6: Have you been harassed by a Staff member before? If yes, who was it?
No

Q7: What Dueling platforms do you use?
DevPro, YGOPro Percy, and DN, though I prefer the former two.

Q8: What do you think of our Tournaments Schedule?
I haven't seen a schedule.  I could just be missing it (which happens often for me).

Q9: Do you use the Full-screen Chatbox?
Yes

Q10: Do you find communicating with others in DA and making new friends hard to do?
No harder than I usually find it.  (I'm the type of person who has difficulty initiating conversations.)

Q11: Do you think our items in the Central Shop are over-priced?
Doesn't really matter to me.  Nothing in the shop really interests me, except for maybe the custom rank since it allows for a bit more personalization.  I'm okay with the custom rank price.

Q12: How long are you planning on staying in DA? And if you're leaving soon, what are the reasons?
Not sure.  I plan on sticking around for a while, though.

Q13: What makes you like a forum? generally speaking.
Not sure.  I don't normally join forums.  NA was my first one.  This is my second.

Q14: Are you part of any other academies?
Sort of.  I'm still a part of NA, though since it's becoming a gaming forum and the dorms were abolished, I don't think it will be an academy once the reimaging is finished.

Q15: On a scale of 1 to 10, how much would you give to DA's Theme/Skin?
3.14159 (that's all I know of pi).  It's a bit plain, but it looks nice.

Q16:  Do you prefer light or dark skin?
I'm more of a fan of darker colors.

Q17: What do you think of our staff as a whole, do we have too many staffers? or do we need more staffers?
N/A

Q18: Do you think our Tournaments are dull and not creative enough?
N/A

Q19: How many hours do you spend browsing DA on daily bases?
Not often.  Most of my time on DA is spent in the chat while I'm doing other things.

Q20: Would you support DA if we adapt other games on a serious level? Games such as Hearthstone, Magic the Gathering, or Pokemon for example.
Yes, but depending on how the other games were adapted, I would potentially want to also join another academy for just Yu-Gi-Oh.  (Ex:  If the Yu-Gi-Oh section of DA was no longer an academy, I would join another one, but still be a part of DA.)

Q21: Aside from dueling, what else do you do in DA when you're bored?
So far, just the chat.

Q22: "Our rank-up system is Circuit."
As I stated in Q3, I find the Circuit to be an interesting way to rank up.

No, because I joined after the fact.

Q24: Do you like our Ranking-up system? Would you like any other rank-up system?
As I stated in Q3 and Q22, yes I like the rank-up system.

Q25: Is there something you don't like in/about DA?
N/A

Q26: How would you recommend improving DA as a whole from your own perspective.
N/A

Q27: What are your thoughts on our Duel Points distribution?
N/A

Q28: What do you think of DA's Central Shop? Should we add more stuff? If yes, do you have any ideas?
(See Q11)  No, I don't have any ideas for more stuff to be added.

more_horiz
A1: Pretty nice, easy going people.

A2: Chatbox

A3: Chatting

A4: I joined 1 academy, then it died so I checked out others and saw that this was the best one and joined, but never stayed, then a dear friend suggested I join/stay and was like "fuck it".

A5: I was like "fuck it" you know why not.
A6: Does getting banned by Train Hardheaded over 9000 times count as harassment? If so, rip ;-; (Jk. Never been harassed.)

A7: DN, Devpro

A8: There's a schedule??!

A9: Can't recall a time I have used the small one.

A10: naaah 

A11: naaah

A12: I ain't never leaving. 

A13: I don't like forums, I end up spamming too much because I like chatting allot.

A14: All of them.

A15: 5/7

A16: as long as a r8 of 1/10 it's a 5/7

A17: Needs me at the helm, obviously. jk, nah you guys are good.

A18: I don't really join them because I don't duel often, but they're pretty good.

A19: 3-4

A20: I mean I've been supporting you guys since early 2012, no reason to stop now.

A21: I don't even duel, I chat and when I'm bored, which is never, I chat some more.
Q22:

A22: Yes.

A23: If anything I got more active.

A24: There was a rank-up system?!?

A25: Myself.

A26: Banning that guy DMK, heard he's a real bitch. 

A27: idk, I don't use them.

A28: Color changing item, or sparkly thingy.

more_horiz
To clear up two things;

1.) Yes, there IS monthly tournament schedule. We host one every weekend Wink

2.) Our rank-up system is Circuit itself.  

more_horiz
This is a lot of questions...

more_horiz
You don't have to answer all of them Duel Academy Survey - April 2016 3974120512

more_horiz
Reading & Answering these question is harder than creating a new *relativity*.
Q No.1 : Harmonic and *stronk*.

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
To clear up two things;

1.) Yes, there IS monthly tournament schedule. We host one every weekend Wink

2.) Our rank-up system is Circuit itself.  

Cool, cool. Thanks.  study

more_horiz
A1 : in a word .. cool
A2: notifications
A3: the similarity to the anime  
A4: looking for a replacement for DN (this was before it died I didn't like the people) 
A5: the competitive feel of DN but smaller (i'm that dweb who sits in the back)
A6: you make bad jokes at times but nothing that counts as 'harasassed'
A7: nowadays just YGOpro
A8: i don't try tournaments (way out of my league) 
A9: if i knew how
A10: easier then other place (again, that dweb)
A11: i never look in the shop
A12: i think im staying 
A13: i don't know
A14: no
A15: 6/10
A16: none preferred but with a choice i pick light
A17: i think it's fine
A19: i like the ideas but they are still out of my reach... a noobs tournament maybe
A19: i don't know what day is it #thatdweb (not a real hashtag)
A20: id rather you wouldn't but i'll still be here if you do
A21: polting to beat metaphys (no i refuse to spell his name right)
Q22: What is your opinion on the fact that our Ranking system is circuit-dependent?
A22: don't care 
A23: it did till i found YGO
A24: still don't care
A25: not really
A27: i would like to learn more about yu-gi-oh (seeing as i am a noob0
A27: i don't use the shop
A28: i don't use that shop

more_horiz
gr8

Is there drama
The tournaments although i havent played in one yet.

I know the forum from many many years

The ppl are kind

Yes, all the fucking time time! JK, lol. The staff is great.

Ygopro

Its fine

Nope

Nope

Havent seen them

A lot of time cuz i just started TCG so im even more into Yu-Gi-Oh now + the forum is great and also Arc v is fairly interesting unlike the trash zexal is and was.

IDK, its just nice

Used to be but not anymore + most of the ones i used to be in before 2-3 years are dead.

6 i think this could be better.

Middle

You have enough staffers i think.

They are fine.

Depends if that means abonding the Yu-Gi-Oh in order to advertise the other game i wouldnt be happy.

Spam the spam topics

Havent tried it yet

Nope

Havent tried it yet

The white skin.

I would like if there was section for the YCS streams or smth like that.

Looks fine havent tried it.

I havent even looked at it yet.

more_horiz
Just another note...

No, if we adapt other games on serious level we'll still have yugioh as primary/one of the primary dueling games.

more_horiz
They was good when i was admin now most of them are lame ;/

Chatbox

trolling

KCVDS

Decent amount of competition at the time

No but i harass members back when i was staff

KCVDS, YVD and DMG

idk what that is

lol no

Q10: Do you find communicating with others in DA and making new friends hard to do?
lol wtf is this boy meets world

not overpriced just really stoopid ;/

Q12: How long are you planning on staying in DA? And if you're leaving soon, what are the reasons?
until anzo finally retires which looks like never ;/

catfishes

eww lol not like any of this is real

racism is bad

Q16: Do you prefer light or dark skin?
i love dark skin woman

Q17: What do you think of our staff as a whole, do we have too many staffers? or do we need more staffers?
ya all post the same

tourneys been dull since 2014

10-20 seconds maybe 1 min

Q20: Would you support DA if we adapt other games on a serious level? Games such as Hearthstone, Magic the Gathering, or Pokemon for example.
Ew lol who got the time for all that shit

talk about porn

idk havnt payed attention since i been admin

Nah thats what they get for constantly hackin kcvds ;d

Q24: Do you like our Ranking-up system? Would you like any other rank-up system?
not really

lack of bitches

add a porn section

not like its real currency :l

premium brazzers acc

more_horiz
Took some from Nuran cuz I agree and they're fucking hilarious.

ALSO WHY THE FUCK IS THE TEXT SO BIG IT LOOKS BAD

When I was around last they seemed pretty cool. Currently I don't know who the fuck is who.

Erryting

Dunno

KCVDS/DAD

DK, DAD, and KCVDS are dead. DA is the last old home.

Anzo, Turtle ;D

None.

idk what that is

lol no

Bro it's the internet. Friends aren't hard to make on the net.

idc

I'll get bored again. Leave for a bit then come back and post a bit then poof again.

Fun people.

Those exist?

racism is bad

Q16:  Do you prefer light or dark skin?
Dark

I really don't care as long as they ain't shit.

Game has been dull so... no comment.

15 mins. Or whenever my email vibrates my phone telling me someone posted in a topic.

Maybe Pokemon and CS:GO/Warframe.

talk about porn

idk havnt payed attention since i been mod

Nah thats what they get for constantly hackin kcvds ;d <--- I can't add to that. Fuck Nuran xD

not really to both.

Dude people online are weird.

I don't want my eyes to burn. The white is strong with this forum.

I don't care about spending it so whatever lol.

You can. Won't buy shit but others might.

more_horiz
1. I would describe the DA staff members as a friendly group of people.
2. The first thing that I would check when I log-in to DA would be the notifications folder.
3. I am mostly interested in learning how to use pendulum cards.
4. I have been a member of DA for a really long time.
5. I had decided to stay on this site so I can become a great duelist.
6. I have not been harassed by a staff member.
7. I have been using the dueling network platform.
8. I think that the tournament schedule is perfect for me.
9. I do not use the full screen chat box.
10. It is not a hard time for me to find new friends.
11. I don't think that the items at the shop are over priced.
12. I am staying on this site for a long time.
13. What makes me like a form is that I have to be here a lot.
14. I am not apart of any other academies.
15. I would give the theme a 10 out of 10.
16. I prefer the light skin.
17. I think you need more staffers.
18. I don't think the tournaments are dull.
19. I have spent a whole hour on this site.
20. I would definitely support DA.
21. I practice my dueling skills in my room.
22. The dueling network's fall did not affect my stay at duel academy.
23. ??
24. I love the ranking up system. I don't want another ranking up system.
25. There is nothing that I don't like about DA.
26. I wouldn't change the DA website.
27. The duel points are perfect for distributing.
28. I think that the central shop is perfect.

more_horiz
If anyone else wants to complete thes survey, please do in next couple days. I'll close this one friday.

more_horiz
Can staffs do this?

more_horiz
Yea staffers can also do it.

more_horiz
Regular.  Unsexy.  Could be worse.

Bitch my inbox of pron.  Usually the daily topics.  Seeing if any header sticks out

The structure.  The popularity.  

From other yugioh forums, lol

Well my sexiness stuck to something.  :/

Myself.  *Deep gazing into mirror*

DN

Very active compared to others

Whenever I am engulfed in the chatting.  about 5%

Na.  I'm pretty easy to get along with Wink

I have yet to buy a single item.  ...*shrug*  

Yarn will always stay.  Whether you want him or not.

The easy environment and interface

I was

5.  It's average

Q16:  Do you prefer light or dark skin?  I always prefer dark.

It is still fine.  Every role has its purpose.  It's just if the people actually do them.

Ehhh, na.  They're cool.

Nooooo

twerk

It is very different and takes a lot of work, which is great because not everyone has that time.  I myself, prefer a collection rating, like badges or titles, but that's just me.

Kinda.  I can't duel as easily.

...As stated

The style of this questionnaire.  A lack of a Yarn Dorm

HAVING A YARN DORM

I feel like I don't know what that is

If I did, I would have commented on the post *shrug*

more_horiz
Yarn Tethers wrote:
twerk

I laughed my ass off lol

more_horiz
That was quite serious for Yarn standards Duel Academy Survey - April 2016 3974120512

more_horiz
A'right, time's up!

Thanks to everyone who posted in this survey! 

We'll continue to do our best to improve DA.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply