Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionValentines Day! EmptyValentines Day!

more_horiz
Roses are red violets are blue, know what to do for your boo. It's almost Valentine Day and I wanted to know what you guys planned on doing if you were doing anything at all. You may notice I've done a post for a few other holidays and events and other shit you don't have interest in. Personally I'm not doing anything weekend. Just going to my mom's house since it's her weekend and stuff probably going to do some cool stuff. Been texting with a few girls. Make sure to make plans for your girl so you keep saying you have one. Happy Friday and enjoy your weekend!

descriptionValentines Day! EmptyRe: Valentines Day!

more_horiz
I'm not really a fan of this day. I've read how it all started and it origins and it's strongly against my beliefs, so.

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:
I'm not really a fan of this day. I've read how it all started and it origins and it's strongly against my beliefs, so.

It's the celebration of love, not any kind of religion *coughs*. And technically a poet linked Valentine's day with love (idk, medieval age poet. I remember that I searched about valentine's day to kill the mood for my friends in love)

But yeah even church did erase this day too so it isn't connected with church anymore.

So celebrating love isn't against the principle of Islam, so get a girlfriend already

more_horiz
I will enjoy the holiday with a marathon of Spartacus. lol.

more_horiz
This day..... my worst fear

today more then ever girls will be acting as if the "period" they had yesterday is gone >.>

all for shopping..... all for shopping..... 

Good thing its 1 degree outside on valentines day! Valentines Day! 3974120512

more_horiz
My mom is gonna make a cake for me :D

Aren't moms awesome?

And well, me? I'm going to read book lol.

more_horiz
BlackWarGreymon wrote:
Anzo wrote:

It's the celebration of love, not any kind of religion *coughs*. And technically a poet linked Valentine's day with love (idk, medieval age poet. I remember that I searched about valentine's day to kill the mood for my friends in love)

But yeah even church did erase this day too so it isn't connected with church anymore.

So celebrating love isn't against the principle of Islam, so get a girlfriend already

Originally, in the old Greek civilization, there were 'God of Love'; It's the little kid with bow and arrow we usually see in cartoons - though, some say that's not how he was imagined back in the days. In the Roman empire, the Emperor - who I happen to forget his name - had forbidden marriage as he believed they'd weaken the men's morals and thirst for blood during wars. So, there was this priest who secretly did the rituals and helped couples get married without the consent approval of the Emperor. When the Emperor knew about this, he had him hanged. Another story is the typical Valantino story. A rogue teenager who all he cares about is having sex with other girls, not really what true love should stand for if you ask me. Love goes beyond physical attachment and should be celebrated as an abstract behavior towards your soul mate, instead of being celebrated merely for temporary pleasures. I'm also well aware that many celebrate 'true love' during this day, but I'm also aware others just do it because they have nothing better to do.

Also, by 'my beliefs' I meant my ideas and thoughts. I wasn't referring to my religion. I was more referring to what I believe is the right thing to do and not what my religion has taught me. I intend not to link this sort of events with religion anyways.

more_horiz
Valentines day is day of love - it doesen't have to be really romantically love.

Anyways, if you dig into origins, you'd dislike 80% of important days like this one.

Anyways, everyone has their beliefs. Love yours respect others.

more_horiz
*coughs* he dislikes a day where you buy roses and condoms at the same time.

He's just weird

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply