Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Announcement: New Skin!

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+13
bakura normal
Lux
DuskMage
faervel
Ezekeil
Azure King
DeathStalker
Booked
Staxx
Quasar
Jv
Etwizzy
Anzo
17 posters

descriptionAnnouncement: New Skin! - Page 3 EmptyAnnouncement: New Skin!

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

Hello ladies and gents.

You might have noticed that we got a new looking theme, otherwise you need a new pair of eyes Wink

The new skin is light (DUH), a combination of white, grey and blue were used to produce the result you're seeing. The old dark skin was nice indeed, but everything has an expiration date. The new skin should work and function properly on all sort of devices: computers, smartphones, tablets, etc.

I won't say that the new skin will function perfectly on smartphones. Even though I've spent hours trying to make the skin work and look good on all smartphones, eventually, it's an impossible task. So, if you're the type of a user who uses smartphone to view DA more than you uses your computer or your tablet then you'll have to live with a few things: for instance, the logo + about us might look over-lapping one another, and you might have some issues with the chatbox display button - there is no playing around those, we can't fix these - at least, not now.

The menu has been removed from right-side widgets and were placed beneath the logo. They're clickable paragraphs with some cool on-hover effects. Also, we added a bunch of basic links to our footer. I realize that some of you might not be fans of white themes, however, we've been using dark themes for years now, it's time for a change. We'll still be pocking around the colors a bit and change their gradients to be more suitable and comfortable to look at. Plus, we removed the last 24 hour online users, it interfered with the template a bit. From now on you'll only see the current online users instead.

Also, all custom ranks has been deleted. If you've purchased a custom rank then simply request a new one in the shops forum and link your old purchase topic in the new one to get it for free!
(We deleted all custom ranks, all those whom had a custom rank will now have 'Slifer Red' default rank until they get their rank updated!)

If there is any particular issue you're facing with our skin then please do post below and try to explain your problem thoroughly.

~cheers Wink

Last edited by Anzo on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

descriptionAnnouncement: New Skin! - Page 3 EmptyRe: Announcement: New Skin!

more_horiz
NightBot wrote:
destiny wrote:

However, in order for us to be able to toggle between skins, we first have to upload our skins on a server and link them to DA. BUT, if we do that, then both of our skins will turn public and will be available for ALL of forumotion forums. Do you imagine how many other academy with terrible skins were going to use our skins without having to ask for permission? We had to drop that idea and stick with the light theme for now. We won't make our skins public because a few individuals like to have their screen brightness toned to 100% on a dark night. Just tone your screen brightness to around 80% when you're in a dark room or something and you won't feel a thing Wink

I keep my brightness at 20% and it still kills my eyes, I had to put it at 0% last night just to stand it. And seriously, how many people will steal DA's theme? a few new Academies at most, it wont be hurting DA in anyway, everyone will know it was DA's originally, but if you insist, then I guess I'll go buy some new shades.

have you never been on reddit?

more_horiz
Update:

This has nothing to do with the new skin but i figured i post here instead of going through the hustle of making a new topic just for this. Previously in order to be able to send PMs you'd need minimum of 50 post, i figured we no longer need that so i reset it to default (1 message).

Also, the index has been fixed (partially) for guests. It's working just fine for users Wink

more_horiz
Great news since the PM issue was important

more_horiz
It wasn't really much of an issue, since it could of easily been resolved anytime. The real PM issue is that you can see PMs in Fullscreen Chatbox.

more_horiz
You could? I didn't know that.

more_horiz
Admins can change the PM post limit at anytime. I'm surprised you didn't know this, Mr. Head Admin.

more_horiz
The default one set by forumotion is 1, but yes we can change it to our liking as long as it's not greater than 50 or less than 1.

more_horiz
Yeah anzo as botto said.

more_horiz
You guys think you know it all don't you ._.

Announcement: New Skin! - Page 3 8kd56en

more_horiz
ACP too op.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply