Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Announcement: New Skin!

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+13
bakura normal
Lux
DuskMage
faervel
Ezekeil
Azure King
DeathStalker
Booked
Staxx
Quasar
Jv
Etwizzy
Anzo
17 posters

descriptionAnnouncement: New Skin! - Page 2 EmptyAnnouncement: New Skin!

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

Hello ladies and gents.

You might have noticed that we got a new looking theme, otherwise you need a new pair of eyes Wink

The new skin is light (DUH), a combination of white, grey and blue were used to produce the result you're seeing. The old dark skin was nice indeed, but everything has an expiration date. The new skin should work and function properly on all sort of devices: computers, smartphones, tablets, etc.

I won't say that the new skin will function perfectly on smartphones. Even though I've spent hours trying to make the skin work and look good on all smartphones, eventually, it's an impossible task. So, if you're the type of a user who uses smartphone to view DA more than you uses your computer or your tablet then you'll have to live with a few things: for instance, the logo + about us might look over-lapping one another, and you might have some issues with the chatbox display button - there is no playing around those, we can't fix these - at least, not now.

The menu has been removed from right-side widgets and were placed beneath the logo. They're clickable paragraphs with some cool on-hover effects. Also, we added a bunch of basic links to our footer. I realize that some of you might not be fans of white themes, however, we've been using dark themes for years now, it's time for a change. We'll still be pocking around the colors a bit and change their gradients to be more suitable and comfortable to look at. Plus, we removed the last 24 hour online users, it interfered with the template a bit. From now on you'll only see the current online users instead.

Also, all custom ranks has been deleted. If you've purchased a custom rank then simply request a new one in the shops forum and link your old purchase topic in the new one to get it for free!
(We deleted all custom ranks, all those whom had a custom rank will now have 'Slifer Red' default rank until they get their rank updated!)

If there is any particular issue you're facing with our skin then please do post below and try to explain your problem thoroughly.

~cheers Wink

Last edited by Anzo on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

descriptionAnnouncement: New Skin! - Page 2 EmptyRe: Announcement: New Skin!

more_horiz
faervel wrote:
No more typing yellow T.T
(Also yay I am red again Announcement: New Skin! - Page 2 1550756652 )

Edited:And why does it say "MP" instead of "PM" on Private Message buttons on each person's profile/near their avatars in each topic!?

Your Ra again now Announcement: New Skin! - Page 2 1151057309 Also o can't find the MP part you mentioned.

more_horiz
https://i.imgur.com/8RCzHdG.png I actually noticed that as well, but I thought it was always like that, MP possibly standing for "Message Privately".

more_horiz
NightBot wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/8RCzHdG.png I actually noticed that as well, but I thought it was always like that, MP possibly standing for "Message Privately".

Hmmm I'll this one to @destiny (Anzo) because he might of changed it on purpose for that meaning.

more_horiz
Well MP is very common toward the web, like PM so not a big deal.

more_horiz
Ezekeil wrote:
Well for some reason my previous message sent a BLANK POST.

Anyway, like I said. It's good, but I'd like to see a theme toggle of sorts. The ability to switch to a "night mode" or "theater mode", which would switch the site to a darker color scheme. Bright colors can be hard on the eyes, especially at night or in dark environments. I'm sure a lot of people would enjoy that option.

Forumotion are doing maintenance, that's the cause of the blank post :D

In addition, our original plan was to have two new skins: Light theme, and a darker one.

However, in order for us to be able to toggle between skins, we first have to upload our skins on a server and link them to DA. BUT, if we do that, then both of our skins will turn public and will be available for ALL of forumotion forums. Do you imagine how many other academy with terrible skins were going to use our skins without having to ask for permission? We had to drop that idea and stick with the light theme for now. We won't make our skins public because a few individuals like to have their screen brightness toned to 100% on a dark night. Just tone your screen brightness to around 80% when you're in a dark room or something and you won't feel a thing Wink

Also, I'll fix the MP thingy today once I get home. I'm at my grandma's house :D

more_horiz
NightBot wrote:

OR you read it like Chinese and Japanese in ancient times, from right to left Announcement: New Skin! - Page 2 1554389127

more_horiz
^ nice tip

more_horiz
No need to go back to ancient times; you can read it like modern (and ancient) arabic, from right to left.

more_horiz
^ well yeah that's the point true.

Speechless Touché backs.

more_horiz
destiny wrote:

However, in order for us to be able to toggle between skins, we first have to upload our skins on a server and link them to DA. BUT, if we do that, then both of our skins will turn public and will be available for ALL of forumotion forums. Do you imagine how many other academy with terrible skins were going to use our skins without having to ask for permission? We had to drop that idea and stick with the light theme for now. We won't make our skins public because a few individuals like to have their screen brightness toned to 100% on a dark night. Just tone your screen brightness to around 80% when you're in a dark room or something and you won't feel a thing Wink

I keep my brightness at 20% and it still kills my eyes, I had to put it at 0% last night just to stand it. And seriously, how many people will steal DA's theme? a few new Academies at most, it wont be hurting DA in anyway, everyone will know it was DA's originally, but if you insist, then I guess I'll go buy some new shades.

more_horiz
Theme is meh, personally think old skin is better, but this is tolerable. could be better if purple was the main color

more_horiz
@NightBot you will be surprised at how much other academies steal from us.

more_horiz
Welp, you guys won't be satisfied unless the skin was absolutely dark, which is not happening.

There is nothing I could say to have you satisfied, the skin itself is not bad at all. You view Google, Facebook, and many other websites on daily bases that uses white colour as their primary colour and no one complains. You'll feel better once you STOP comparing this skin to the darker version we had previously.

The colors has been toned down, so there should be no issues.

@NightBot You use SOFT GREEN in your posts, OFC your eyes going to explode when used on white background .-.

more_horiz
destiny wrote:
@NightBot You use SOFT GREEN in your posts, OFC your eyes going to explode when used on white background .-.

I think your eyes already exploded, I clearly use blue, not "SOFT GREEN".

more_horiz
It's soft something :>

more_horiz
http://prntscr.com/8n0rtb

Thought we had more topics here or you guys decided to make it smaller?

more_horiz
It used to show 16 topics, I changed it to 13.

more_horiz
I really like the theme, it's smooth, it has a much more homely feel than the usual dark themes academies have, it really suits the "Duel Academy" feel from the anime (futuristic and shiny). Only thing I have a "problem" with, more of a personal opinion, is the black/dark grey part under the banner, in my opinion it kinda feels more like a part of the old theme transferred over. But just my opinion.

more_horiz
Hm, okay noted. I'll see if i can make it blend in better.

more_horiz
Tequila wrote:
faervel wrote:
No more typing yellow T.T
(Also yay I am red again Announcement: New Skin! - Page 2 1550756652 )

Edited:And why does it say "MP" instead of "PM" on Private Message buttons on each person's profile/near their avatars in each topic!?

Your  Ra again now Announcement: New Skin! - Page 2 1151057309 Also o can't find the MP part you mentioned.

http://prntscr.com/8n1kz5 Open your eyes(I hate you)
And what happened to my custom title?

Last edited by faervel on Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Also, the RA colour gives me a headache against the white/grey theme

more_horiz
I'll tone it down.

@faervel Custom ranks and profile songs were removed, you'll have to request a new one - however, you can link your old purchase to get it for free.

more_horiz
The new skin is starting to grow on me. The other theme was very nice, but when were done putting everything back to normal like it was on our last skin, it will have never changed. Here at dueling academy we are shedding our skin and evolving

more_horiz
damn we finally got decent rank images way to go anzoooo

more_horiz
I really thought I visited the wrong site...

I liked the Dark theme better, it was showing what we are from inside :3

more_horiz
Nuran wrote:
damn we finally got decent rank images way to go anzoooo

The old ones were decent also, but I'm glad to like this as well lol

Galaksii wrote:
I really thought I visited the wrong site...

I liked the Dark theme better, it was showing what we are from inside :3

Bruh, that's deep.

more_horiz
I see someone has noticed my shiny Duel Points...

more_horiz
I noticed many things Wink

more_horiz
Anzo will you put dorm banners again? I loved those actually

more_horiz
They get in the way, so not likely :D

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply