Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionSafest way to shuffle? EmptySafest way to shuffle?

more_horiz
When I say this, I don't mean stacking probabilities for consistency, I mean doing it in a way that randomizes enough to be acceptable while minimizing physical damage to your cards and sleeves.

descriptionSafest way to shuffle? EmptyRe: Safest way to shuffle?

more_horiz
First off, make sure you and your opponent always shuffle over the table, that should be common sense. As for the shuffle method, I always do a Pile Shuffle than cut a few times, works best for me.

more_horiz
Rifle shuffle is my personal preference of shuffle (for any card game), it does a great job of shuffling cards without inflicting any damage.

more_horiz
The problem with riffle shuffling, is, you have a chance of bending your cards if not done correctly.

more_horiz
Yeah I would reconmend practising it on a cheap deck of playing cards until you have learned the technique.

more_horiz
I definitely do NOT recommend shotgun shuffle, tried it once forgetting I had my 1st edition ultra rare Blue-Eyes in deck. ;-;

more_horiz
As a cardist my self the best way to shuffle a deck of ygo cards is the pharaoh shuffle (taking half the deck then inserting one half into the other from the side so the cards are laced with one another like a riffle shuffle, but from the side not the front of the cards. Just avoid the bridge while doing the pharaoh shuffle just slide cards into each other). But a riffle shuffle (Table riffle) after time does indeed bend the cards to an extent. Avoid the in hand riffle shuffle cause that just ruins the cards.

Last edited by Mr.Kandy on Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
[TDL] DarkSoul wrote:
I definitely do NOT recommend shotgun shuffle, tried it once forgetting I had my 1st edition ultra rare Blue-Eyes in deck. ;-;

@books! knows that feeling

more_horiz
"Shotgun shuffle, will hurt the cards." -Quoted from Mutou Yuugi while VSing Pandora. If that's what you mean Jv.

more_horiz
lel you get everything

more_horiz
The fact that no one calls it "shotgun" shuffle.

more_horiz
There's a shuffle my friend does that takes a while, but is very effective.
Just stack cards one by one into eight stacks, then ditto until deck is shuffled.  Add the stacks together and voila, anti-cheat.

more_horiz
Ummm, that's the infamous "ultimate shuffle" lol

more_horiz
Everyone does that Rai

more_horiz
Mr.Kandy wrote:
Everyone does that Rai

Then do it more. :>

more_horiz
As a card performer the stack shuffle it too tedious sure it guarantees a fair shuffle but I can just do a few simple table riffle shuffles and cuts and it's already as shuffled as a stack shuffle.

Get to my level scrub

more_horiz
Safest way to shuffle? Just put the card from the bottom of the deck to the top and done. I doubt your sleeves will get hurt just with one card shuffled (switching).

more_horiz
Rifle or pile shuffling is the best way. I usually use rifle shuffling then cut the deck a final time while playing.

more_horiz
Riffle shuffle is such a vague term there's 2 types of riffle shuffles. The in hand or on table riffle shuffle. Table riffle shuffle is the only shuffle I can approve of for ygo cards.

more_horiz
Yeah, I think the general consensus agrees that the Table Rifle Shuffle is the way to go for official tournaments, overall card quality and shuffling effectiveness.

more_horiz
Not only table riffle make sure you cut too. When you riffle you leave the top card near the top.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply