Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionFall of Stun Strategies?! EmptyFall of Stun Strategies?!

more_horiz
Control and Aggro decks are the most played decks in this format. Stun decks can not cope with them, reason is they do not have the ways to get their tools out on time, if they do not get their tools in about 4-5 turns they are dead. Even if they do get their tools the opponents deck won't care, as everything has some kind of protection or "floating" now. From my perspective the lack of stun decks in the metagame indicates that this game is undergoing a process of gradual retardation. Where only point and reason of playing the game is to win. Does this mean that in the future KONAMI is not going to make cards to support stun decks? Does this mean we won't see a new stun archetype in formats to follow? I hope not Neutral .

descriptionFall of Stun Strategies?! EmptyRe: Fall of Stun Strategies?!

more_horiz
Tbh the whole point of the game is to win lol the same with any game.

Also I would really say control is still a thing it's all about aggression, decks/archetypes are made to hit hard and fast.

Yugioh has become very stale at this moment in time simply because the next gen of players coming though just net deck the latest deck that topped a major event. This is why I havnt played in months and better spent my time on hearthstone.

more_horiz
Am I the only one whom lives in a world where having fun is more important? If KONAMI gave more generic cards to be used and supported cookie cutter decks it would all change to better. Netdecking a cookie cutter in most cases makes the player experiment, try adding new cards and changing the way the deck works. Netdecking an Archetype does not enable any creativity, as Archetypes generally have 1 strategy that works and no one cares about other variants of it. KONAMI is afraid that by making generic cards they might not be able to sell their new packs. None of the newer packs both had good generic cards (For the maindeck) and good Archetypes. It is eather one or another, if they change that and include both good generic main deck cards and a good archetype in their future packs the would surely attract more new players to the game.

more_horiz
Yes the whole point of playing a game is to have a fun and let's be honest losing isn't fun. The only time when losing is fun if when both players play wacky decks and all sorts of shenanigans happen during the duel (this is what me and Jv do).

KONAMI needs to stop overpowering new archetypes and start making all archetypes equal and make a variety of better generic cards, this would lead to a much better game.

more_horiz
Skitoritto wrote:
Am I the only one whom lives in a world where having fun is more important? If KONAMI gave more generic cards to be used and supported cookie cutter decks it would all change to better. Netdecking a cookie cutter in most cases makes the player experiment, try adding new cards and changing the way the deck works. Netdecking an Archetype does not enable any creativity, as Archetypes generally have 1 strategy that works and no one cares about other variants of it. KONAMI is afraid that by making generic cards they might not be able to sell their new packs. None of the newer packs both had good generic cards (For the maindeck) and good Archetypes. It is eather one or another, if they change that and include both good generic main deck cards and a good archetype in their future packs the would surely attract more new players to the game.

No my friend, you are not.

I wholeheartedly agree with you here ^^

Unfortunately Komoney seems fixated on making their theme decks tier 1 straight out of the box, instead of releasing them over an extended period of sets.

It's quite a shame really, if we were given a better paced block of sets with some decent generic cards and support for various other theme decks we'd have a much healthier game state imo.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply