Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

pollShould we use a specific site/software for tournaments

-Yes, Challonge.
88%
-Yes, (insert site/software here).
0%
-No, I feel there is no need.
12%
Total Votes:
Poll closed

descriptionStandardized Tournament Hosting EmptyStandardized Tournament Hosting

more_horiz
A few members, myself included, feel as though certain tournaments have been manipulated by the host. Not going to name any other individuals or tournaments, but those of us who do think this feel it is the software used for the brackets. We suggest that a site or software be used for all tournaments hosted on DN, to eliminate the manipulation.

descriptionStandardized Tournament Hosting EmptyRe: Standardized Tournament Hosting

more_horiz
Yeah I've been wondering why tourny hosts are allowed in the tournament when they can alter the brackets, makes alot more sense for an outside staffer to host it.

descriptionStandardized Tournament Hosting EmptyRe: Standardized Tournament Hosting

more_horiz
@DuskMage we use challonge.com for all tournaments, except Jv who uses a proper YGO tournament programme (The name escapes me). Also I would have to know the Tournament you speak of which you think foul play is occurring so I could look into the matter personally (PM me the details).

more_horiz
Yes as Roach said only I use KTS (the official konami software that shops use and have) since there was a time where challonge was not working. So if you think it was manipulated you can do it on challonge to see that there's no difference. Except that challonges gives 1 point and KTS 3 and the tie breaker system that is automatic. Also KTS and challonge do automatic the pairs with they own system. 

And you cannot start a similar post without say which tournament and why since is important to check xD also you Joined only Pro Decklist lol  so to avoid these Issues that Blackjack started as always, Ill use challonge again since it works again.

Also linda since all pairings are automatic and we need often players the hoster can Join it.

So locked and solved.

more_horiz
Unlocked, let others say their opinion.

Even though I dont like what Dusk did without seeking out an admin's opinion before this. 

Let Anzo or other staff say their opinion first then feel free to lock.

My favourite option is 

Hosters can not join the tournie it's self so it makes bracketing easier and their wont be "Manipulation" or eith ill play.

more_horiz
You didnt unlock it. It display locked. Ill unlock it lol

Yeah but you know brackets are random and in a swiss they have a point pattern that can change if someone drop, win or lose.  and they can change just host on challonge the same tournament twice and youll se how the brackets can change.

So theres no issue if the Hoster join cause you must duel and not just pass

more_horiz
The whole notion of a staff "could be manipulating results or brackets" probably emerged when some noticed it's quite difficult to win a match or when someone pointed out the the same person is winning over and over. This cannot be the case however. Whether it's Challonge or KTS, they both run an automatic random brackets match making system which prohibits manipulating match ups. Meaning, if you get paired against someone who is (obviously) more skilled than you are which in return get you frustrated, you cannot make a topic and complain. The brackets are RANDOM. The host doesn't get to decide who gets to go against who.

We allow both Challonge and KTS because they're both approved systems and they both guarantee that the host will be playing by the rules - there is absolutely no room for someone to edit or change something to his or her favor when everyone can see what's happening.

If you still believe that we have a staffer who is manipulating results then you'll have to support your argument with evidence to support your claims otherwise we simply cannot reach a result that would satisfy you. All of DA staffers have already reached the peaks of their time here at DA, I mean being a staff in DA is an honor for some of these guys and we're all one big family. I'm 100% confident when I look at your post and say that we have NO ONE among our staff team that will manipulate someone's results or brackets, they're all trustworthy and you'll have to take my word for it anyways, since that's what I truly believe.

If you still have concerns then PM me the rest of the details. I dislike discussing such matters publicly. I'll lock this thread.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply