Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionCCOTW Suggestions EmptyCCOTW Suggestions

more_horiz
Currently CCOTW cards are presented as images.
And those don't really load very fast, also on those images in most cases we can't clearly see the text unless we face-screen and that's bad for our eyes, is it not? Another problem with this is that people when they are picking artwork for the card they pick something small and re size it to fit the picture, that really looks very ugly and reduces the chance of anyone voting for their card. So because CCOTW is not an art competition as SOTW we have to "eliminate" or reduce the impact artwork has on it. Another problem with using images is that people in some cases might add their username to it, that is a problem because CCOTW is considered anonymous, if we all added our signatures to them then people won't vote cards, but people.

So bellow is the example on how I think It would be better to showcase submissions, do note that I'm pretty horrible at making tables and that this could look a lot better if someone whom is skilled with tables made it.

CCOTW Suggestions 275px-CardTrooper-TF04-JP-VG
Card Trooper

Earth Machine Level 3

Atk: 400 Def: 400

Once per turn: You can choose a number from 1 to 3, then send that many cards from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard; this card gains 500 ATK for each card sent to the Graveyard this way, until the end of this turn. If this card you control is destroyed and sent to your Graveyard: Draw 1 card.

Another thing whom I personally don't like is the usage of letters to mark submissions. Now why would this be a problem? Well people construct words from 3 letters available to them just to make it funny. Most common combination is of course big boi (Haha funny big boi get it?). So instead letters we could use numbers, so people won't troll and would actually vote.

Thanks

descriptionCCOTW Suggestions EmptyRe: CCOTW Suggestions

more_horiz
CCOTW is my thing so (Jv is just baby sitting it for me at the moment)....

I like the idea of changing voting to numbers (I know the incident your speaking off) so I'll put that into place.

The main reason there hosted as cards is because of accessibility, there are tons of sites out there which offer the ability to easily make custom cards.

Also regarding card images the only way I can think of is to supply the image each week but in my opinion that's takes away personality from the competition.

more_horiz
What do you think about the idea of presenting two images in one row? The way they are currently presented is a bit ugly and requires a lot of scrolling. So instead of showing 1 card per row it could display 2 cards per row. The way to mark the cards would be using Photoshop to add a "Mark" block above the picture (Numbers or Letters), by doing that it is possible to put two pictures in the same row and make the whole topic look a bit more pretty. For text issues every card could be a hyperlink to paste bin document with all that card is.

more_horiz
Its better Just post the Image and lower in a quote the effect. instead of a table.

more_horiz
You can assign special styles to tables in CSS, can't do that to quotes. Quotes are by the way tables with 1 row and 0 colums.

more_horiz
Yeah but since they will post using the Quote button and image button like you did for your anime card is better and fast.

more_horiz
Skitoritto wrote:
What do you think about the idea of presenting two images in one row? The way they are currently presented is a bit ugly and requires a lot of scrolling. So instead of showing 1 card per row it could display 2 cards per row. The way to mark the cards would be using Photoshop to add a "Mark" block above the picture (Numbers or Letters), by doing that it is possible to put two pictures in the same row and make the whole topic look a bit more pretty. For text issues every card could be a hyperlink to paste bin document with all that card is.

Yeah position two cards next to each other would tidy it up a bit and save scrolling. Instead of faffing around with the code it would be a lot easier to just type it up under the card in photoshop lol.

more_horiz
If you folks decided to do the tables thingy I might invest sometime on the table and style it. Though, I really like the way we are doing it. I believe using a 'proper card' gives a better feeling to it.

If someone wrote 500 letter in his card effect and it became hard to read his text then it simple can be regarded as bad design. They should consider their phrasing before they submit their entries.

more_horiz
CCOTW Suggestions Ccotw10
This is how I imagined it.

I believe the "Card" area refers to where the name, rank/levels, image, and effect will be going. right?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply