Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

description[solved]What's the difference ? Empty[solved]What's the difference ?

more_horiz
I Was studying up on my rulings, and i started out with:
http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/gameplay/penalty_guide/Yu-Gi-Oh!%20Tournament%20Policy%20v1.4%202013November14.pdf

And it says somethign about Advanced & Traditional format. and i had NO FUCKGIN IDEA, wat this is.

Is Traditional the same as OCG? i don't know. What is Advanced, What is Traditional. What's the difference, what's the similaritiy? and is Unlimited something DN made up? or is it part of Rules that people like to play.

I mean, i play MTG and i fully understand how "formats" work. and how different banlists are made for each. and i understand that ocg are just cards that haven't been released in TCG yet, or will never be released.

*Detailed explanation pls, i'm studying up, and i'm a completionist. i won't continue studying, until i understand this concept.

This might never be seen so i'm gonna tag people, so i get response faster:
@Jv1391
@Dark Duelist Soul
@KawaiiMiku
@psychoturtle
@Galaksii

Last edited by CrimzonSlayeRx on Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

description[solved]What's the difference ? EmptyRe: [solved]What's the difference ?

more_horiz
Tradizionale format = all banned cards are limited

description[solved]What's the difference ? EmptyRe: [solved]What's the difference ?

more_horiz
Advanced format is essentially the format all competitive games are played.
This follows the banlist specified by the event.. Basically this just means its a sanctioned tournament using komani's rules 

Regardless if the event is TCG or OCG Advanced follows the following guidelines:

Forbidden cards are 0 per deck
Limited cards are 1 per deck
Semi-Limited cards are at 2 per deck

Traditional is similar however, traditional allows cards that are forbidden in advanced at 1 per deck.

more_horiz
I feel left out not being tagged Sad lol

more_horiz
Gnar wrote:
I feel left out not being tagged Sad lol

Hey Gnar, Nice to meet you. 

-That's why

Oh, and Thanks DDS, i get it now. Now i can move on.

Gonna Mark this as solved.

more_horiz
Read my sig...... [solved]What's the difference ? 3974120512

more_horiz
Gnar wrote:
Read my sig...... [solved]What's the difference ? 3974120512

OH SHIT..... it's Roach [solved]What's the difference ? 3974120512

more_horiz
-.- locked.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply