Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionMonarch Deck EmptyMonarch Deck

more_horiz
After putting all 3 decks into one topic things didn't go according to plan so here they are separately.

Monarch Deck
Monarch Deck KdgcFe8

Yes I know its not the best deck I just wanted some outside views to maybe spice it up a little.

Thanks.

descriptionMonarch Deck EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
I would suggest to play Frog Engine since it's making the deck fater and more consinent.

descriptionMonarch Deck EmptyRe: Monarch Deck

more_horiz
I have got another monarch deck set up with Frogs but I prefer this build because it allows you to have a back row. Thanks for the reply tho.

descriptionMonarch Deck EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
Hmm.. I can understand not wanting to use the Frog engine I mean I played back when Frog FTK was a deck and I've hated those things ever since...lel

But as for your deck; 

We'll start with the Spells and traps, the continuous monarch cards  really sound good on paper but in practice they just make your bad hands worse and your good hands even better.

I suggest you take those out, perhaps you could run 1 copy of The First Monarch as you are running Mega Raiza.

You mentioned that you wanted backrow in your build so.. Replace them with power traps such as Bottomless Trap Hole, Solemn warning, Compulsory Evacuation Device, Breakthrough Skill and such. You could also add in a couple of copies of Dimensional Prison or Vanity's Emptiness too.

For spells take out the double summons, add one Card Advance, they essentially serve the same purpose for high tribute decks but Card Advance allows you to stack your deck, so use that to your advantage! Add a couple of copies of Forbidden Lance, those will help your monarchs and tribute fodder stay alive, which is essential for the deck in these backrow heavy days..

As far as the monster line up I'd say take out the tengus and thrashers and using the hand engine.. They might not be the "game breakers" they were back when Primal was new but they are still solid options for maintaining field presence.

That about wraps up my input. Hope this helps you :3

more_horiz
Thanks for the input.

I love to tinker around with Monarchs so I will defiantly take aboard your suggestions and continue play around. Also its not I dont want to play the Frog engine (I do play it) I just want to play a Frogless monarch aswell.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply