Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionYu-Gi-Oh! 10 Things That Tryhards Do/Say On Dueling Network! EmptyYu-Gi-Oh! 10 Things That Tryhards Do/Say On Dueling Network!

more_horiz
#1: They Hand-Shuffle like there's no tomorrow.

#2 They send the cards they use straight to the grave without legitimately activating them.

#3 They play the top notch cookie cutter deck.

#4 They don't say "glhf" because they think they're so cool.

#5 They Ruleshark to pieces.

#6 They play way too fast and don't ask for responses, and if you use something and were 3 seconds to late they'll call an Admin.

#7 If you as much as dare to wait more than 10 seconds before making a play they are gonna complain like babies.

#8  If they are to lose they straight up quit so you won't get the satisfaction of beating them.

#9 Some extreme tryhards even goes as far as saying annoying things in the chat to simply distract you.

#10 If you actually get them to say something it's usually some line copy and pasted from Shakespeare.

descriptionYu-Gi-Oh! 10 Things That Tryhards Do/Say On Dueling Network! EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
Yup, DN is full of lifeless faggots...

descriptionYu-Gi-Oh! 10 Things That Tryhards Do/Say On Dueling Network! EmptyRe: Yu-Gi-Oh! 10 Things That Tryhards Do/Say On Dueling Network!

more_horiz
So what do u mean by tryhards? Elite players or wannabe players ?

descriptionYu-Gi-Oh! 10 Things That Tryhards Do/Say On Dueling Network! EmptyRe.Order of chaos

more_horiz
Order of Chaos wrote:
So what do u mean by tryhards? Elite players or wannabe players ?

Both.

descriptionYu-Gi-Oh! 10 Things That Tryhards Do/Say On Dueling Network! EmptyRe: Yu-Gi-Oh! 10 Things That Tryhards Do/Say On Dueling Network!

more_horiz
Welp, there is plenty of examples I could share, my favorite is when they claim MST can negate, and they even provide links to prove it, that just deserves a freakin' medal.

descriptionYu-Gi-Oh! 10 Things That Tryhards Do/Say On Dueling Network! EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
And when someone rages and say: "Say hi to your mom"

I mean really?

more_horiz
Doing this makes me a tryhard Sad?My Dueling Network rating is so bad tho Sad.

more_horiz
Most of them only know the rulings they want to take advantage off and try to not to pay attention to any others and cry like babies when they get caught out, i don't mind players trying but they should try and show some sportsmanship which there is not enough on dn. Someone asked me the other day why i don't play in unrated my response was "because its full of noobs who know jackshit about the game" and i think most people would agree with that statement. 

descriptionYu-Gi-Oh! 10 Things That Tryhards Do/Say On Dueling Network! EmptyRe: Hidalgo

more_horiz
Hidalgo™️ wrote:

Just because your DN rating is bad doesn't mean you cna't be a Tryhard.

more_horiz
Zkillerthriller wrote:
Hidalgo™️ wrote:

Just because your DN rating is bad doesn't mean you can't be a Tryhard.
 silent 

more_horiz
And there is were problems arise . U should have explained tryhard.....

Cause in the negative meaning its a douche....and no one here is .

In the positve meaning its a person who takes it too seriously.....and no one here is.

more_horiz
Hidalgo™️ wrote:
Zkillerthriller wrote:
Hidalgo™️ wrote:

Just because your DN rating is bad doesn't mean you can't be a Tryhard.

silent 

As long as you show good sportsmanship overall and not just about the winning then your not. Remember its about the spirit and the heart of the cards. ( I think i have been watching the anime a bit to much Razz.)

more_horiz
Hidalgo™️ wrote:

Exactly what I was thinking as I read this topic ^

Yu-Gi-Oh! 10 Things That Tryhards Do/Say On Dueling Network! I_know_that_feel_bro

more_horiz
lol, this topic is awesome man. Thanks for posting.

more_horiz
Zkillerthriller wrote:

True

#2 They send the cards they use straight to the grave without legitimately activating them.

Not always true but you can see that too :D

#3 They play the top notch cookie cutter deck.

yep

depends what country they're from xD

#5 They Ruleshark to pieces.

fuck yea... -_-

#6 They play way too fast and don't ask for responses, and if you use something and were 3 seconds to late they'll call an Admin.

a proper player always waits for response, you're describing low rated players

#7 If you as much as dare to wait more than 10 seconds before making a play they are gonna complain like babies.

wrong.... all the good players know you have 6 min before admin can be called for inactivity

#8  If they are to lose they straight up quit so you won't get the satisfaction of beating them.

Very often true

#9 Some extreme tryhards even goes as far as saying annoying things in the chat to simply distract you.

happens D:

#10 If you actually get them to say something it's usually some line copy and pasted from Shakespeare.

LOOOL sounds more like ygo/devpro players

more_horiz
Order of Chaos wrote:
And there is were problems arise . U should have explained tryhard.....

Cause in the negative meaning its a douche....and no one here is .

In the positve meaning its a person who takes it too seriously.....and no one here is.

What are you even talking about?

And I mean if they wanna know what a Tryhard is they can look it up. Cause i assume that most people here know what it is.

more_horiz
Tryhard :A person who puts a large amount of effort into achieving a certain image, or counter-image, to the point where it is obviously contrived. Rather than achieving an image through genuine personality, the try-hard consciously attempts to fit a certain style through deliberate imitation, forced style, or scripted behavior. That is to say, he/she is trying hard to create an image.

Ok searched for tryhards , thanks.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply