Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionRasetsu the spirit EmptyRasetsu the spirit

more_horiz
So ummm...what happens when one chains book of moon to Rasetsu(or some call it Rakshasa) and targets the same card?
Oh and if the answer is it still works someone please explain to me why it's different from chidori.

descriptionRasetsu the spirit EmptyRe: Rasetsu the spirit

more_horiz
Only if you respond to his summon he won't be able to use his effect.
Chinori is different as his effect is mandatory,and will activate unless the effect or the summon is negated.

descriptionRasetsu the spirit EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
So here's my respectable knowledge, lets see... if your opponent summons rasetsu, its effect will trigger forming a  chain, rasetsu will be CL1, you'll be able to chain Book of moon to that making it "Book of moon" CL2, and you targeted with book of moon the same monster "Rasetsu" targeted,
as we all know chain resolves backward, so Book of moon will resolve first, making its target face-down
Rasetsu WILL resolve, but it will resolve without effect, meaning the monster will not be returned to the hand...
same thing goes with chidori, if it losses the target meaning the card that chidori targeted isn't set anymore when the chain resolve, chidori will resolve without an effect... Example
( "Chidori" trigger targeting a set "Royal decree", then the "royal decree" player chains his same "royal decree" to "Chidori" effect then both player passed, and the chain starts to resolve, "royal decree" will resolve first, then "chidori" but "chidori" WILL NOT return "royal decree" the bottom of then deck because it isn't face-down anymore the time chdiori is resolving )
i Might be wrong, any expert please correct me if im wrong
anyway, there's some cards that will not apply what im saying above, for example "Wind-Up Arsenal Zen"
due to a simple change in the card text
you can read more about PSCT if you wish to learn more

more_horiz
Ah I'm sorry,I have read that wrong so.
None of those two say that card has to remain in the same state as it was at the "target time",and because of that activating Book of Moon on that card is useless and won't work (In Spirits case).
If Chinori/Rasetsu had this in their card text "return that face up/down card to hand/bottom of the deck" then book of moon/anything that Flips the card up would cause the effects not to function.

descriptionRasetsu the spirit EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
Hidalgo™ wrote:
Ah I'm sorry,I have read that wrong so.
None of those two say that card has to remain in the same state as it was at the "target time",and because of that activating Book of Moon on that card is useless and won't work (In Spirits case).
If Chinori/Rasetsu had this in their card text "return that face up/down card to hand/bottom of the deck" then book of moon/anything that Flips the card up would cause the effects not to function.

I Must disagree with you  on that sir
since there's the word "Target" after the semi-colon
the conditions have to be correct, if it was something like
"return that card to the hand" instead of "return that target to the hand" then yes book of moon would be useless

Sources :

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Problem-Solving_Card_Text

https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=2962

i know you dont have time to read the whole page
for a shortcut you can read the "Action structure" Part

Rasetsu the spirit Uo_ouo10

more_horiz
I see,I was wrong about that.
Thanks for correcting me,I did not look up any "how to read" articles like ever and understood then fully.Thanks for the link will try to learn something from it.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply