Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionYang Zing Deck EmptyYang Zing Deck

more_horiz
Yang Zing Deck Yangzi10

Monsters:
1x Taotie (Evil)
3x Suanni (Fire)
3x Bian (Earth)
3x Bixi (Water)
1x Jiaotu (Dark/Tuner)
1x Pulao (Wind)
3x Chiwen (Light/Tuner)
3x Junk Synchron

Spells:
2x Cosmic Comet Dragon Trail
1x Dark Hole
2x Soul Charge
2x Pot of Duality
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Cosmic Dragon Leyline

Traps:
1x Bottomless Trap Hole
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Compulsory Evacuation Device
1x Solemn Warning
1x Dimensional Prison
3x Cosmic Dragon Incarnation
2x Powerful Rebirth
2x Black Horn of Heaven

Extra:
1x Clausolas
1x Catastor
1x Armades
1x T.G. Librarian
1x Goyo
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Moonlight Rose Dragon
2x Yazi
2x Baxia
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Scrap Dragon
1x Hot Red Dragon Archfiend
1x Mist Wurm

---------------------------------------------

Yeah, I was testing it on TCG/OCG format with TCG banlist, since YGOPro regular matches are setup like this anyway.

So, overall it works pretty good, but the problem I have sometimes is when the opponent don't attack or just don't summon anything on attack mode, a lot of monsters on this deck have 0 attack, so even just attacking sometimes can be hard, probally it wouldn't be a problem with the OCG banlist, due to Torrential being at 3, but anyway...

What I tested that was suggested was Thunder Clash, but it destroys every monster on the field, and doesn't give me a good return, basically I just get to pick what monsters I want on the field and deal some small damage, Cosmic Dragon Incarnation will only work once so destroying everything isn't very nice, and if I get this card later in the game when I already ran though my deck, is pretty pointless to use it (besides it destroys everything, and I don't aways synchro for Yang Zings).

I also changed it a lot of times, tryed to use Cosmic Dragon Zenith, but it's just kinda hard to pull, overall not worth the spot imo. Tryed running multiple Leylines, but is just not as good as it seems, and with Comet Trail it's pretty hard to pull the third effect, tryed to run 3x Comet Trail, but just heappens that if the enemy is playing too passive I don't get a lot of Yang Zings on the grave, I didn't saw a reason to run Rampaging Yang Zing on the main, but threw some on the Side for maybe a Shadoll match up.

For now I was thinking about removing Leyline and maybe adding another Comet Trail, but again, Comet can be a problem as it is now if the enemy is too passive, I kinda wanted to try to pull a Zenith + Baxia combo or maybe Black Rose without a Tuner, but it just end up being not too useful most times, and Powerful Rebirth has been doing better.

Suggestions are welcome.

descriptionYang Zing Deck EmptyRe: Yang Zing Deck

more_horiz
This deck can't really work in TCG Banlist as it would do in OCG Banlist.
The reason for that is the obvious lack of 3 Torrentials,an un-aware opponent is going to make the deck work my being an idiot and attacking with no Abyss Dweller on field.I would suggest you to try out Fire Hand and Ica Hand.They suck versus Shaddolls but they make your deck work,also Supply Squad is a nice card for the deck.I won't bother saying anything else because TCG+OCG decks give me cancer.

more_horiz
Yh I feel you need to main 3 Skill Drain in TCG YZ's cut out a Junk and some other stuff for it. The card allows you to screw almost every meta deck up and actually have hope against Shaddolls. I also recommend 2 Supply Squad. I don't personally rate Ice and Fire in the deck though. I could be more specific but I lack the effort atm.

descriptionYang Zing Deck EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
spottysn1per wrote:
Yh I feel you need to main 3 Skill Drain in TCG YZ's cut out a Junk and some other stuff for it. The card allows you to screw almost every meta deck up and actually have hope against Shaddolls. I also recommend 2 Supply Squad. I don't personally rate Ice and Fire in the deck though. I could be more specific but I lack the effort atm.
Skill Drain sadly negates their Forumla Synchron-like effect,oh well that Trap Immunity guy should work well with Skill Drain I guess.You would have to play him at 3 then tho.

more_horiz
I mean I've used the deck with it and without it. I do a hell of a lot better with it plus you use Bixi for so many of you synchro summons it barely affects you. 3 Junk is too many if you have it though I currently only use 1.

more_horiz
Hmm, I hadn't thought about using the Water effect one plus Skill Drain, this might work well but the deck would need to be re-designed to be a more "stunny" than simply fast, Junk Synchron is basically the easiest way I found so far to go for the first level 8/9 monsters, mainly if I don't draw into Incarnation, he wouldn't work with Skill Drain though, and then making a Baxia with the water one to let it's effect go out, I would need the (Lv4 Fire + lv2 Water + lv2 Dark Tuner <- not as easy to get out as the lv 1 light tuner) or make use of Powerful Rebirth, for abusing of Moonlight Rose Dragon it seems nice though, but then removing Junk Synchron to rely on drawing a trap card, it can get a bit problematic, as for now I just need a level 3 on the field, summon Junk Synchron, get the level 2 and I can already go for Baxia, but Skill Drain for sure it's worth a try.

About Supply Squad, I thought about it, I had it on the first version, but as this archtype have a lot of continuous traps, and Black Rose Dragon on your opponent's turn is a thing, it sometimes would turn out kinda slow, limit my plays (or make me go minus), if I get one of the Yang Zing Synchros out before activating Supply Squad it's sure going to pay off, but then I can either using Skill Drain or Supply Squad, not both, as having both plus Incarnation could easily clog the field, not leaving room for other traps or pretty much anything.

I do have  a version of this deck on the OCG Banlist format, but overall the OCG meta decks just don't let them get going, they either don't let you special summon with Shadolls, bounce everything back to hand with Qliphoths/Tellarknights, or just have a searchable Macro Cosmos with Masked Heros. For now I feel like Qliphoths are probally the best match up, as the level 7 Yang Zing can't be targeted, and if made immune to traps and with +500 attack (which is the case most times, since 4+2+1=7) it is at least above Killer in attack, and can't be bounced back by the Qliphoths Tribute effect, since it can't be targeted.

more_horiz
Meh you play the deck how you prefer it. All I know is that my version with SD and SS worked damn well for me. YGO is meant to have variety between builds though so stick with what you have it's certainly not a "bad" build.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply