Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionMDZ (Masked Diamond Zombies) EmptyMDZ (Masked Diamond Zombies)

more_horiz
https://i.imgur.com/vkKuFP2.png  

This was just an idea I came up with recently. I used to play Diamond Dude Zombies so seeing the cards Shadow Mist and Mask Change Second gave me new inspiration. I'll go through some of the cards in a little detail, but the whole deck is pretty self explanatory. 

The Shadow Mist engine allows me to make Dark Law and lets me search Diamond Dude more easily. Diamond Dude works great in this deck due to the amount of normal spells, and can be used with Plaguespreader Zombie to stack normal spells on top of your deck. 

Duality is in there because it is great if you mill it with Diamond Dude, since you can still SS that turn. Upstart is an obvious choice due to Diamond Dude, as it is an instant plus if milled. Masked Change Second is good but sometimes you run out of cards you want to discard, which can be a problem.

Necroface lets you use Malicious more and is Rank 4 fodder. Was thinking of 2 copies of Kuribandit, but I'm still not sure yet.

Overall, it's a really fun deck that I love playing. I posted it up here because I'm sure it's not perfect and I'm sure that advice from other players could improve the deck.

descriptionMDZ (Masked Diamond Zombies) EmptyRe: MDZ (Masked Diamond Zombies)

more_horiz
Ok I'm no expert on this sort of thing but the build looks pretty good. However just one thing, why play 3 Upstart in a 41 card deck. Take one out as I really don't feel Monk and DD need that many spells.

descriptionMDZ (Masked Diamond Zombies) EmptyDeck help

more_horiz
spottysn1per wrote:
Ok I'm no expert on this sort of thing but the build looks pretty good. However just one thing, why play 3 Upstart in a 41 card deck. Take one out as I really don't feel Monk and DD need that many spells.

I'm also not an expert and i agree that you shouldn't play three Upstart. 

descriptionMDZ (Masked Diamond Zombies) EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
I don't know but maybe Destiny HERO Dasher could help you :3

more_horiz
The 3 Upstarts are there so I have more chance of milling a normal spell when I use Diamond Dude's effect. I may as well play 3 rather than 2 if I play Diamond Dude.

I don't really see what I'd get out by playing Dasher.

I've made some edits to the deck: https://i.imgur.com/5pjIdxx.png

I'm not a fan of uncontrolled milling so I'll have to test out Kuribandit more. I took out Masked Change Second since I don't find myself using it much and I took out Necroface to see how much I miss it, because it isn't a necessity, and I don't have much spare room in the deck.

more_horiz
No you may as well run 2, 3 is a pointless card in hand that gives your opponent 1000 LP. Either way cut a card to make it 40 cards and keep the 3 Upstarts or cut an Upstart. Anything else is madness. Or ignore this and do what you want as we all have personal preferance even if sometimes it's a bad choice.

descriptionMDZ (Masked Diamond Zombies) EmptyCool

more_horiz
Great Idea!

more_horiz
Ok those changes are making it look much better.

more_horiz
I wouldn't say that what I was doing before was wrong. Whether or not I had played 3 or 2 Upstart would have still made it a 38 card deck, and even though I might have been giving my opponent 1000 extra life points, IMO it's a worth it trade off for having a greater chance to get off Diamond Dude's effect.

more_horiz
I really wouldn't say added luck with DD is worth an extra monster to be summoned with Soul Charge. The Soul Charge play may be the death of you one DD mill can't win a duel.

more_horiz
If you are trying to get dude off why dont you play him at 3? Also from a HERO player standpoint..... you got 7 tarrgets for mask change. So you either play it at 3 or not.Plague at 3 is alright i guess but not the best of choices. All of those dark targets for MC2 is so real. Also 2 soul charges are meh at best i suggest dropping to 1 and putting in 1 MC2.

Last edited by Black*5tar on Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Amazing that I didn't think of any of those suggestions until you said them black. However listen to him as he makes a great argument!

more_horiz
Bobby Marshal wrote:
I don't really see what I'd get out by playing Dasher.

He's Dark, target for Grepher and Armageddon Kinight, also he can special summon your Shadow Mist and Malicious, he's one card to run actually... but it's your call

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply