Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

[Announcement] The Dark Abandoned League!

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+16
BlackWarGreymon
Bubbles
Typical Jew™
Enigma_m7
Amy Kool
AngelicMinaj
spottysn1per
LòKóS
Virus
Centrik
PowerNova
Gremlin
Frisky Badger
Linda-Senpai
Kandy.JPEG
Anzo
20 posters

description[Announcement] The Dark Abandoned League! Empty[Announcement] The Dark Abandoned League!

more_horiz
[Announcement] The Dark Abandoned League! GqYS29V

Welcome to the Abandoned Dark Dorm League. Now, what the hell is this? You may ask. Abandoned Dark Dorm is supposed to be a dorm where the elite players of Duel Academy gather and inspire other members to work harder to earn their spot, and be recognized as one of the elite players. However, and for the past couple of years, the dorm priorities has shifted a bit and changed its path to be more like a "Graveyard" having all the elite players, at the same time, tons and tons of inactive players that retired ages ago.

We though that perhaps It's the time to think about something to make this dorm worth your time. What we came up with is certainly something that will make your time worth. You see, eventually nearly everyone will be crowned as an elite player, once you play this game for a while, you get closer with every duel you play to achieve such a title. So eventually, if this dorm continue as it is, we'll end up with three empty dorms and one hell of crowded dorm, that's not what we want.

So we figured we just rework everything, introduce the Abandoned Dark Dorm in a new shape, give it a new purpose, and set it free of its old self. For that, we're removing all of the current members of the Abandoned Dark Dorm to Obelisk Blue, and starting a new era of this Dormitory: The Abandoned Dark Dorm League!

The Abandoned Dark Dorm League is your top goal you have to achieve in your career as a duelist, It's the only method to be recognized as one of the best players ever came across this place at some period of time, and you will always be that person who made it alive!

You next question is "..League?" Yes, The Abandoned Dark Dorm is like the godfather of the other dorms as of now. The Abandoned Dark Dorm League will take the shape of seasons, where each season lasts for 3 months, at the end of each season top players will be crowned as the elite players, get a special rank, and profile customization as well as tons of Duel Points for their hard work and perhaps some other things that we still need to figure, with only time to tell.

The Abandoned Dark Dorm League will be different when compared to any other league you might have joined before, this time, this League isn't something you can join and stay there forever without having to continually fight for your spot. I mentioned earlier that each season lasts for 3 months; however, there is another thing: There can only be 10 members at the Abandoned Dark Dorm League at the same time. Let me explain:
» Each time a member joins The Abandoned Dark Dorm League he or she will start with 3 points and work their way up the ladder to claim the first spot of the league, once they do that, they'll have to fight for their spot each time someone catches up to them.
» You win 1 point when you defeat another member of the league, and you lose 1 point when you lose to another member of the league, once you reach 0 points you'll drop to the last place of the league or probably drop off the league automatically. But, the good thing you can always try again.
» While the maximum members allowed in the league are 10, it doesn't mean once 10 members join the league you can't join anymore. Once you meet all the requirements, you'll fight the member that is currently in the last place in the league for his spot, if you win, you kick him out the league and take his spot instead. However, you need to work your way up the ladder quick before another member meets the requirements and fight you for your new earned spot. Last place isn't something you want to stay at for a long time, believe me.

Now, you may wonder how you could join the league, and what are the requirements. The requirements aren't hard, but they surely aren't easy either. Let me make it simple for you:
1: You need to be at least Obelisk Blue.
2: You need to have at least 30 win in Battle Arena or Shadow Arena in the last two weeks.
3: You need at least a total amount of 250 post in the forum, we kind of want to make sure we get only the active fellas in the league.
You see, It's not hard at all to meet the requirements. That what makes it hard to maintain your spot in the league, if you're in the last position in the league, then it means anyone who meets those simple requirements will be able to enter the league and fight you for your spot. However, now you might ask "How is this supposed to be for elite players?" Think about it for a moment: Do you really believe if someone is not good enough to be called elite player will be able to maintain his spot in the league? or beat other member of the league? I doubt it, if someone of such caliber survived in the league, and defended his spot, then he or she certainly earned their elite title.

Questions you might have:
#1: How do i join the league?
- You join the league after you meet the requirements needed, after you meet those requirements you'll make a topic in the Abandoned Dark Dorm League section, and an admin or a moderator will approve it, so you can proceed and challenge the member who is currently in the last position in the league.

#2: Who do i duel after i join the league?
- After you join the league, the only players you can duel are players of the league itself. Of course you can still play other members for BA or SA, or Tournaments or whatever that you need to play for. However, when you're playing for this League, you must play one of the league members to earn points and climb the ladder.

#3: What do i do if i got kicked out of the league?
- Simple, you start over, and try to get back to the league. Requirements won't change, you still need them.

If you have any other questions, let me know. This event will take place within the next 48 hour. There is still few things I need to take care of before i launch this event.

description[Announcement] The Dark Abandoned League! EmptyRe: [Announcement] The Dark Abandoned League!

more_horiz
Y must it be obby T^T

Y must you hurt me in this way anzo.

description[Announcement] The Dark Abandoned League! EmptyRe: [Announcement] The Dark Abandoned League!

more_horiz
It's my job.

more_horiz
I just read a wall of text to be disappointed at the end T^T

No more kandy for you for today.

more_horiz
Wow way to slap people in the face.

[Announcement] The Dark Abandoned League! CdOTkU5

more_horiz
I thought you gonna like this *sniggers*.

more_horiz
Wtf Sniggers?

more_horiz
It's like smirking, it's the closest thing i know to a sarcastic laugh.

more_horiz
No fucking way, this is a word?

more_horiz
Yes, it's a word.

more_horiz
I think I'll just wait for Amy's new academy than stay in this shit hole.

and a snigger is a black guy eating a snicker

more_horiz
I like his/ her definition better^

more_horiz
Hmm, much simpler that my League idea and it's a tad more interesting. I like it. dunno about 30 wins tho .-.

more_horiz
The 30 BA Wins is a must. If we changed that to like 10 BA duels it means a new candidate for the league will pop up everyday. We want to keep it small and only within range for people who truly wants it.

more_horiz
So gotta spam them duels

more_horiz
seems good and thought out pretty well but there are barely any blues still active so I think it wont really take off

more_horiz
One of our objectives is to motivate members to get to Obelisk, not just get to Abandoned.

more_horiz
Obby is over rated.

more_horiz
Anzobuse wrote:
One of our objectives is to motivate members to get to Obelisk, not just get to Abandoned.

Take test, beat tester, become Obby.

Wow. such hard. much impossible. many sack. very challenge. so king of games. Wow.

more_horiz
only 3 people got obelisk from the test so it doesnt happen that often

more_horiz
What Staff, if any, can participate?

more_horiz
Yes, Staff can participate as well.

@N: Testers cannot test members to get into Abbandoned. Also, we want to focus their duties around testing new members. Re-testing will have a new rules probably.

more_horiz
Anzobuse wrote:
Yes, Staff can participate as well.

@N: Testers cannot test members to get into Abbandoned. Also, we want to focus their duties around testing new members. Re-testing will have a new rules probably.

They can to obelisk which is what i was talking about

more_horiz
Guess I'll finally make that move into Obby so I can claim one of these spots.

more_horiz
That's the spirit. True Spartan!

more_horiz
PowerNova wrote:
Guess I'll finally make that move into Obby so I can claim one of these spots.

Lol.

more_horiz
I'm purple hm.

more_horiz
Well, This sucker gonna join imma guess :>

more_horiz
This gives a chance to anyone who's willing to put a little extra effort every day to join the ABD League. Not just those who win some crazy events.

more_horiz
Eh great I won't be purple any more QQ Ah as it seems I will actually have to start dueling again!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply