Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

description[Discussion] Gladiator Beast Nerokius Empty[Discussion] Gladiator Beast Nerokius

more_horiz
So this is the newly announced Gladiator Beast Nerokius. For those of you unfamiliar with his effect here it is:

3 "Gladiator Beast" monsters
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by shuffling the above cards you control into the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) Cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card attacks or is attacked, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked: You can shuffle it into the Extra Deck; Special Summon 2 "Gladiator Beast" monsters from your Deck.

Linkage

As for my opinion on him, I like his effect. However I'd have vastly preferred him to have less attack or a weaker effect and to only require 2 "Gladiator Beast" monsters. I feel 3 is tough to perform and can result in overextending. Until I test I'm still neutral Neutral on him though!  So everyone tell me your thoughts on the card!

Last edited by spottysn1per on Fri May 02, 2014 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

description[Discussion] Gladiator Beast Nerokius EmptyRe: [Discussion] Gladiator Beast Nerokius

more_horiz
It's good,Armedes for GB's :D.
I have to consult my GB Sensei about a build :F.

description[Discussion] Gladiator Beast Nerokius EmptyRe: [Discussion] Gladiator Beast Nerokius

more_horiz
Was going to about make a topic about this

more_horiz
Sorry for taking it Kandy! Love me some GBs though so I was quite hyped for this. Smile Makes me really want to try and get some decent manner of using Secutor though as he makes it a viable card indeed!

more_horiz
I saw it earlier today, card is bs. If you need any arguments as to why I think so, I might give them later.

more_horiz
I've reviewed the card with my friend since posting and honestly I don't have room in the extra and I prefer Herak for a 3 GB commitment. Only bonus of Nerokius is he can tag, and we have Gyzarus for that job. Sadly unimpressed on reflection, at least Augustal is decent.

@Fenix, I thought your sig was a fly in my screen so I hit the screen...my hand hurts Sad 

more_horiz
Medicore card

more_horiz
Hmm, this card is thinkable

more_horiz
you can just sit with it on the field and poke your opponent to death with it as it has 2800 ATK >_>

more_horiz
^That.
3 Lances make it easy to stay on field ._..

more_horiz
You don't always have Lance and I have space for Nero or Herak. He only loses to counters and needs no Lance and is a 3000 beater. I personally would barely use either but for a general situation Herak is better IMO!

more_horiz
Efane will love this.

more_horiz
how does he only lose to counter traps? theres bottomless and torrential and complus and bear

more_horiz
Umm well surely Herak can neg any of Compulse, Bottomless and Torrential. Not saying card effs wont kill him but as far as spell and traps he won't give a damn. If I'm honest I have him to look shiny in the extra but he seems a safer choice than Nero unless you have Lance.

more_horiz
Gremlin wrote:
how does he only lose to counter traps? theres bottomless and torrential and complus and bear
You really think Gladiator Beasts run naked when charging on decks today?
Gladiators run tons of back-row hate and back-row disablers,and on top of that defensive back-row.
It's not that easy you know.

more_horiz
Just a quick question has anyone had chance to test Nerokius yet? I keep meaning to but I never get the time!

more_horiz
spottysn1per wrote:
Just a quick question has anyone had chance to test Nerokius yet? I keep meaning to but I never get the time!
I wanted to test him,made a deck for him.
Tested it,never used it as he wasn't needed :/.

more_horiz
Skitler wrote:

Hmm this is what makes me sad that he requires 3 GBs, he just isn't the best option to bring out! Rank 4's or Gyzarus are just better.

more_horiz
spottysn1per wrote:
Skitler wrote:

Hmm this is what makes me sad that he requires 3 GBs, he just isn't the best option to bring out! Rank 4's or Gyzarus are just better.

Yeah,he's not needed at all.
Waste of money and space if you ask me.

more_horiz
Lol is this their own Star Eater?

more_horiz
Centrik wrote:
Lol is this their own Star Eater?

Nah Eater has a different effect he is unaffected when he declares where Nero just stops effects when he declares. Nerokius is Armades and Armor Master polymerized Wink

more_horiz
how dafuq is it like Armor Master ._.

more_horiz
I don't know...I have no clue why I put it...well that's awkward

more_horiz
Close enough to Star Eater but k.

@Train they ran out of ideas so now they make the same cards but with other type like xyz synchro etc.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply