Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Duel Points (creative thinking)

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+4
Centrik
Salader
Anzo
Order of Chaos
8 posters

descriptionDuel Points (creative thinking) - Page 2 EmptyDuel Points (creative thinking)

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

Hello everyone , its your pain in the ass ddeevviiss , with some new suggestions.

This time about DP (duel points). Recently some of you may have seen (or not) some strange things about the currency we use here at DA.

Yes some have too much , and that raises a question. How will DP be spended.

Like AngelicMinaj said :

"its not like he can spend it on anything, DP usage is lacking in creativity "

I also like to use the term DP inflation. What does that mean EX :  Well some signatures in DA cost 350 DP , some 200 DP , some are free.

Well after a user wins some duels at Battle Areana , or even a Tournament , he will get a fair amount of DP.

How to spend this DP , well mostly in a signature , avatar , banner etc.

BUT after that a user might loose the interest in getting DP because there is no where to spend it. So DP loose some of their value.

That is what I call inflation.

Now , question for the users :

How are you spending your DP?

What do you think should change to make DP more relevant?

What ideas you have , that can be added in a form of new prize list?

Feel free to comment below. I ll update this post with some ideas , so we can present them to the staff at DA , so they can make them alive.
Spoiler :

P.S : Topic supported by AngelicMinaj and Anzo,Salader.

Last edited by ddeevviiss on Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

descriptionDuel Points (creative thinking) - Page 2 EmptyRe: Duel Points (creative thinking)

more_horiz
yeah the whole admin team

descriptionDuel Points (creative thinking) - Page 2 EmptyRe: Duel Points (creative thinking)

more_horiz
Before Amy start using codes it was much simpler, now you're asking us to make codes that we have absolutely no idea how to make. I PMed several people (Including you, Minaj) about things we might need some codes for, and most of the replies were negative, and the positive replies are not guaranteed either. It's like asking a fisherman to operate a spaceship. I've been learning HTML and CSS for the last two months, slowly due to my life, only because i believe eventually I'll have to close the gab and start making codes myself for DA. You want your Profile Songs item which something that Amy once implemented, but again, even if we got our hands on that code from a different source we have no idea how to operate it. Look at this from the Admins Perspective. The number of things we're working on at the same time, great, now look at us as people with limits, that's great you're keeping up, now look again at the fact that I'm doing 80% of the work around DA, and 100% of the work that requires access to the AP. When you make a suggestion no matter how good it sounds or how beautiful it would be if approved, we have priorities, and we're not doing something that can wait a bit longer until the right circumstances are met just so that you can listen to music when you visit your profile while it's one-click away if you go to YouTube.

more_horiz
AngelicMinaj wrote:
Salader wrote:
Please keep in mind that Irate is our main coder and he plays LoL 25/8. Making it quite a bit more difficult to get things such as profile song item working again.

So then thats a problem that you guys (people in power) either make changes or so something about it because since hes on LoL "25/8" then what makes you think he gonna take the time to put in the effort to improve the site? I know that I dont know him or anything but I think its something to think about, because everyone seems to be sitting on their hands.

I might like to add here that DA can't really do anything about Irate. While it might seem mighty fine to say "IRATE! WORK HARDER!" you've got a number of problems.

1. Irate is the only quality coder DA has left available to it. Jin Kazama knows some coding, and apparently Anzo now does as well, but Irate was Amy's coding protege. No one else on DA besides Amy herself can code as well as Irate.

2. Irate knows the above information, and if you push him too hard, he'll use that to his advantage.

3. Coding is hard to learn, and looks very complicated, so it wards people off.

Basically, until either Jin or Anzo reaches Irate's level of coding, this operation will move at the pace Irate sets.

more_horiz
If he isnt gonna do his job, why the fuck is he an admin?

more_horiz
See above statement.

more_horiz
Rika Furude wrote:
If he isnt gonna do his job, why the fuck is he an admin?

Im just thinking that, everyone can learn code, I know coding, maybe not as much as much as Irate though

more_horiz
Everyone can learn, but few people are willing.

more_horiz
that^

more_horiz
Duel Points (creative thinking) - Page 2 2Q==

Ahem, creative thinking , not go and talk bad about other ppl , especially admins.
This topic , was made to get some ideas for the DP problem.

Now this topic should be made for the admins section , because it became an internal problem.

Thats why I say follow the main rules of the site ........

more_horiz
~Locked

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply