Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Duel Points (creative thinking)

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+4
Centrik
Salader
Anzo
Order of Chaos
8 posters

descriptionDuel Points (creative thinking) EmptyDuel Points (creative thinking)

more_horiz
Hello everyone , its your pain in the ass ddeevviiss , with some new suggestions.

This time about DP (duel points). Recently some of you may have seen (or not) some strange things about the currency we use here at DA.

Yes some have too much , and that raises a question. How will DP be spended.

Like AngelicMinaj said :

"its not like he can spend it on anything, DP usage is lacking in creativity "

I also like to use the term DP inflation. What does that mean EX :  Well some signatures in DA cost 350 DP , some 200 DP , some are free.

Well after a user wins some duels at Battle Areana , or even a Tournament , he will get a fair amount of DP.

How to spend this DP , well mostly in a signature , avatar , banner etc.

BUT after that a user might loose the interest in getting DP because there is no where to spend it. So DP loose some of their value.

That is what I call inflation.

Now , question for the users :

How are you spending your DP?

What do you think should change to make DP more relevant?

What ideas you have , that can be added in a form of new prize list?

Feel free to comment below. I ll update this post with some ideas , so we can present them to the staff at DA , so they can make them alive.
Spoiler :

P.S : Topic supported by AngelicMinaj and Anzo,Salader.

Last edited by ddeevviiss on Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

descriptionDuel Points (creative thinking) EmptyRe: Duel Points (creative thinking)

more_horiz
I thought you already had an idea in your head on how to improve our system not asking people what they are doing instead.

descriptionDuel Points (creative thinking) EmptyRe: Duel Points (creative thinking)

more_horiz
Anzobuse wrote:
I thought you already had an idea in your head on how to improve our system not asking people what they are doing instead.

Will add in the OP not just my ideas , cause then most users will start debating over nothing....

more_horiz
For note, I am already trying to figure out a way to sort out DP economy, so if any good ideas come out of this I would greatly appreciate the help

more_horiz
Thank you for this devis. Long-time problem but everyone forgot about it Smile

more_horiz
why you delete it gremlin it was a valid point.

more_horiz
A long time problem that can't be fixed unless you reset everyone's DP (Which will piss off a lot of older members.) and create an actual market to purchase from that everyone will be buying from daily.

Unfortunately, for you all, there are already two problems for that.

One. You don't have a lot of things to offer outside of decks and GFXes at the academy, unless you want Slifers spending money to get lessons.

Two. You don't have a big and stable enough userbase to be able to set up something like that. You'd need a lot of DP flowing around at first, then slowly remove DP as the shop prices stabilise.

more_horiz
Naito Raizu wrote:
A long time problem that can't be fixed unless you reset everyone's DP (Which will piss off a lot of older members.) and create an actual market to purchase from that everyone will be buying from daily.

Unfortunately, for you all, there are already two problems for that.

One. You don't have a lot of things to offer outside of decks and GFXes at the academy, unless you want Slifers spending money to get lessons.

Two. You don't have a big and stable enough userbase to be able to set up something like that. You'd need a lot of DP flowing around at first, then slowly remove DP as the shop prices stabilise.

I see u have been thinking bout' this. In simple words we need to have a finite number of DP.
One that gives the inflation is the free DP won through BA. So maybe that should only be done like the shadow arena. (first idea Im saying)

more_horiz
Duel Points never were something big to begin with, we never wanted it to be big, Duel Points are merely a secondary object you can chose to possess by winning duels, selling decks, or pieces of art. The purpose behind Duel Points isn't to make it as a goal people work hard to get, it's rather a compromising prize to make things you do a bit more worth it. When you win a duel, or a tournament, or buy a deck or a piece of art such as a signature or an avatar you do it by exchanging Duel Points, it's a give and take relationship. You take what you want, and you give Duel Points to the other person. It doesn't have to be worth it, think of Duel Points as if they were LP (Ladder Points) where the higher you have the easier it is for people to recognize your work whether you're selling decks or pieces of art, if people are trying to win duels or events just to get about enough Duel Points to buy something from your shop then it means you're providing some decent stuff that makes it all worth it. If we removed Duel Points and made everything free it wouldn't be interesting, It'll make everyone equal. As much as i believe in equality I do not believe it works on forums the same way it works in real life. Duel Points aren't meant to be "virtual money" they are more like credits, you credit someone for his work (deck or piece of art) by giving him or her a small portion of your Duel Points, the higher the Duel Points they are getting the better people are acknowledging their skills in that specific field. This is a forum, it's not something where you want to build an annoying economy system where people work to get Duel Points and that's it it's quite boring. Duel Points are not the goal you work for, Duel Points are something that comes after you've done something good to earn them. They are not your goal, your goal is to make people happy about what they are doing. Members feel good when they get many requests from their shops whether it's a GFX shop or a Deck Shop, it means they know people are liking their goods. And people are always happy when they see others reacting positively to that.

more_horiz
I thought about DP a lot in preparation for the new site. Remember, the only reason I'm green here is 'cause I'm bored as fuck.

Anyhow, one of your problems comes through the BA. If you take away the DP won there, then some students lose the motivation to duel, and then you've also just taken away a form of steady income for duelists. That lack of DP then makes it so that the only shops running are Mr. Kandy's Deck Shop and Anzo's GFX Shop, that require a certain number of posts to order, instead of being paid with DP.

Of course, having an infinite pool of DP doesn't help either. If I were in charge, I'd run an experiment through resetting the DP of everyone in Slifer, Ra, and Obelisk (Abandoned Members and Staff, outside of Rika, and a few others, do not duel often enough for DP) then give the Dorms themselves a set pool of DP. Whenever a member inside the Dorm wins a duel for the BA, the Dorm whose duelist won would award the duelist with a set number of DP. The duelist could then spend that DP on one of the shops that's present within the academy. Now, obviously the shop owners (outside of Kandy and Anzo) would want that DP, but instead of them keeping it all, the DP should be taxed by the Admins, so the owners get some, and the Admin board gets the rest. Then the DP can be redistributed to the Slifer, Ra, and Obelisk pools based on the percentage of each dorm's students that spent money on the shop.

Your problems with that is that it's a rough system that could fall apart. Not only that, some jackass could potentially abuse the system, and win enough DP from it and just keep it all, so it's not distributed back into the pools, frustrating both the Admin Board and the rest of DA.

more_horiz
Things gets boring when you make it complicated, it's quite simple if you take a step back to see the whole picture.

more_horiz
bring back profile songs. Profile songs are one thing I'd spend my DP on for sure.

more_horiz
Anzo said it right. We should just make it simple not like a whole complicated economy's system.

more_horiz
@ anzo Dat wall of text  Duel Points (creative thinking) 3974120512

So ok we at least agree that there should be DP run on the site , otherwise ppl will loose interest.
So they should not be used as currency....

Well to answer that DP , is currently not being treated as currency and we are at the possition u are reading now. (loop)

Gremlin said smth "funny" but true , gfx-ers and others are not being paid . Yes they get their DP from interested users , but as he said they are doing it for fun , because even they can see that DP has no actual value...

@ Naito Dat wall of text  Duel Points (creative thinking) 3974120512

As Anzo said , maybe u are compicating it too much. And then simple users will find it hard to understand the system.

Either way I agree with u. We need to have a fixed amount of DP in the site , to somekind of solving this.  But I think that the fixed amount should be for the user.

A new registered user should have a fair amount of DP , as pocket money.
Yes maybe he can Increase his income with BA , but that should be minimal.

Now according to this , the prices of arts and decks should be set accordingly.

And to give DP , real meaning it should be implemented in tournaments also.

The price in DP for the tournaments should come from an existing amount of DP. How ?

Entry fee.  Like 12 users take part , they pay an entry of example 100 DP.  We will have 1200 DP for the tourney.  600 for the first 400 second  200 third.  

That way DP may get more value.

Edit : the idea will be wider than this , but I wanna hear ur oppinion for the above stuf.

more_horiz
Too complicated. I dont like the idea of paying to join tournies with paying no one is going to participate expectantly the newbies which have no DP. A large percentile of the tournie is the newbies joining. The tournies are made to have fun and maybe earn a few DP. If I was a newbie and tournies had a price tag to join I wouldn't join.

more_horiz
Mr.Kandy wrote:
Too complicated. I dont like the idea of paying to join tournies with paying no one is going to participate expectantly the newbies which have no DP. A large percentile of the tournie is the newbies joining. The tournies are made to have fun and maybe earn a few DP. If I was a newbie and tournies had a price tag to join I wouldn't join.

Read my post a little better.

more_horiz
Actually, I made a topic like a month ago about a new Tournaments System and part of that system was to have an an entry fee so we assure only active members will take part of the event.

more_horiz
Anzobuse wrote:
Actually, I made a topic like a month ago about a new Tournaments System and part of that system was to have an an entry fee so we assure only active members will take part of the event.

Add to that a starting fixed amount for the users , and we have a game.

What I mean by that is , users in different dorms will have different fixed starting DP.

more_horiz
Rika Furude wrote:
bring back profile songs. Profile songs are one thing I'd spend my DP on for sure.

more_horiz
That^

I want mah Profile soong :3

more_horiz
We no longer have the code for that one people, stop asking for something we do not have.

more_horiz
Anzobuse wrote:
We no longer have the code for that one people, stop asking for something we do not have.

Well then we study code and get it back, we shouldn't disregard peoples suggestion because its not there in front of us, plus its just a suggestion.

more_horiz
Anzobuse wrote:

Why do you have such a failure mindset?

Your logic: *we no longer have the ribbons and medals so they cant come back. we wont even try remaking them. Oh and we no longer have the profile song code. We wont even try to get it back or make it again.*

Welp with admins who think like that, its no wonder this academy is such fail

more_horiz
Rika Furude wrote:
Anzobuse wrote:

Why do you have such a failure mindset?

Your logic: *we no longer have the ribbons and medals so they cant come back. we wont even try remaking them. Oh and we no longer have the profile song code. We wont even try to get it back or make it again.*

Welp with admins who think like that, its no wonder this academy is such fail

This is exactly my thoughts Rika nothing can make any progress with a pessimistic mindset, we gotta put our hands together, if we want things to happen we have to make them happen, theres people ready to get behind most of these ideas!

more_horiz
Please keep in mind that Irate is our main coder and he plays LoL 25/8. Making it quite a bit more difficult to get things such as profile song item working again.

more_horiz
Just because you suggest something that doesn't make it a good idea.

more_horiz
Anzobuse wrote:
Just because you suggest something that doesn't make it a good idea.

Im not saying that they are but you dont take the time to consider them, ya know? I know i have no place to say anything on here but I think you should open the window to your mind a little, thats all, I agree that all ideas are not all that great.
Salader wrote:
Please keep in mind that Irate is our main coder and he plays LoL 25/8. Making it quite a bit more difficult to get things such as profile song item working again.

So then thats a problem that you guys (people in power) either make changes or so something about it because since hes on LoL "25/8" then what makes you think he gonna take the time to put in the effort to improve the site? I know that I dont know him or anything but I think its something to think about, because everyone seems to be sitting on their hands.

more_horiz
Let's drop the fact about profile songs. It does not matter if we do not have them. It's only a thing you have that seems cool. Who goes on other people's profile anyways? If you do how long do you stay there?

Anzo is not being a pessimistic he's being realistic if he does not have it end it at that. There's no need to force him to go out of his way to find something we do not have at hand. If he does stumble upon a way to fix it I'm sure he would place it right away.

It's only a thing drop it. Wink

more_horiz
Mr.Kandy wrote:
Let's drop the fact about profile songs. It does not matter if we do not have them. It's only a thing you have that seems cool. Who goes on other people's profile anyways? If you do how long do you stay there?

Anzo is not being a pessimistic he's being realistic if he does not have it end it at that. There's no need to force him to go out of his way to find something we do not have at hand. If he does stumble upon a way to fix it I'm sure he would place it right away.

It's only a thing drop it. Wink

Im sorry, I didnt mean to call him pessimistic but I guess im saying why does it have to be that specific thing then we can make another or something. also Anzo dosent have to do everything by himself.

more_horiz
Applies to all the admins Wink

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply