Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

The Super Special Awesome All Stars Fake Tournament!

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+11
Bubbles
Salader
Ezekeil
LòKóS
Anzo
Skitoritto
faervel
TDS
Centrik
Linda-Senpai
Heatnix
15 posters

descriptionThe Super Special Awesome All Stars Fake Tournament! EmptyThe Super Special Awesome All Stars Fake Tournament!

more_horiz
The Super Special Awesome All Stars Fake Tournament! Tssaasft_banner

Hey everyone, Heatnix here announcing our very first entry of the most incredible, alluring, craziest and nonsensical event ever:

The Super Special Awesome All Stars Fake Tournament

The only tournament where you participate by not participating!

You will laugh, you will cry and you will throw a whole harvest of tomatoes to the duelists that will have it out on the field for your personal amusement. The Romans would shame us for our actions.

In this event, a selected number of All Stars have been placed from different Yu Gi Oh series into a tournament where the only winner can be you. The All Stars will compete in the festivities and you only need to watch the duel happen and receive DP for it.

Did anyone say DP? Of course, lots of points that you can earn by placing your bets!. Here are the rules:

- Tables of Duelists will be placed and you'll be able to bet on the winner.
- You can also bet (Starting now and ending when the event begins) on an overall winner.
- All you have to do is place your bet and participate in a small, for fun poll topic until the match is revealed.
- Once the duel has ended, the ones who accurately bet for the winner can double their earnings!
- Personal bets will also be taken, where some restrictions are removed and two people can go head to head on their bets.

The amounts that can be bet are as follow:

Poor Man's Bet: 100 DP
Office Worker: 500 DP
Money In My Pockets: 1000 DP
European Risktaker: 2000 DP
All In, Mofo. : 3000 DP

Screw The Rules: Place an equal amount of DP against somebody else. It can not surpass 10 000 DP.

A lot of info, and I don't see anything to bet on, so meet your All Stars:

The Super Special Awesome All Stars Fake Tournament! Competitors

Yu Gi Oh:
Seto Kaiba
Marik

Yu Gi Oh GX:
Aster Phoenix
Zane Truesdale

Yu Gi Oh 5Ds:
Akiza Izinski
Rex Goodwin

Yu Gi Oh Zexal:
Mizar
Quattro

Disclaimer: Bringing the actual protagonists of the series would probably cause a flame war of legendary proportions after the results of a match.

REMEMBER!
We are currently taking bets on the OVERALL WINNER of the tournament. The brackets will be shown soon where you'll be able to bet on each duel in it. Don't forget to not bet ALL YOUR DP here so that you may bet money on the bracket matches!

What are you waiting for? It's time to b-b-b-b-b-bet!

Bets:

Centrik: All In Mofo - Mizar.
TDS: All In Mofo - Zane Truesdale.
Sayonis: Money In My Pockets- Marik Ishtar.
Anzo: All In Mofo - Akiza Izinski
Lokos: Money In My Pockets - Zane Truesdale
Salader: All In Mofo - Zane Truesdale
Bubbles: Money In My Pockets - Seto Kaiba
Rio Kastle (N): All In Mofo - Mizar
Ezekeil: All In Mofo - Quattro
XraishionX: All In Mofo - Quattro
Train Heartnet: Money In My Pockets - Akiza
BWG: All In Mofo - Aster Phoenix

Last edited by Heatnix on Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:43 pm; edited 7 times in total

descriptionThe Super Special Awesome All Stars Fake Tournament! EmptyRe: The Super Special Awesome All Stars Fake Tournament!

more_horiz
I dont get it

descriptionThe Super Special Awesome All Stars Fake Tournament! EmptyRe: The Super Special Awesome All Stars Fake Tournament!

more_horiz
Simple explanation:

See those 8 guys? Who would win in a tournament? bet DP on whoever would win.

Then, when we show a bracket and who's going against who, you can bet on each individual match.

You can use the bet standards given or have someone match you on big amounts of DP.

A duel video will be shown of the two All Stars having a match, and the winner will be decided there. You either win DP or lose DP this way.

Simple!

more_horiz
and how exactly do you plan to get anime characters to duel for you...?

more_horiz
Are you going to bet or not?

more_horiz
Mizar. All in, mofo.

more_horiz
Zane Truesdale, All in Mofo. This is gonna be awesome :D.

more_horiz
can you explain the "screw the rules part" again?

more_horiz
Money In My Pockets: 1000 DP on Marik Ishtar .

more_horiz
Of course!

Screw The Rules is when you and other student get into a deal to bet an amount of money against each other. For example, imagine that there's a match in a bracket between Kaiba and Marik. I would talk to you and say, hey Faervel, I bet you 5000 DP that Kaiba wins this one, so you put 5000, and if Kaiba wins, I get your 5000 and get to keep my money.

Remember, if you bet and lose, you lose that money! so be careful how much you bet =p

more_horiz
Taking into consideration the difference between those given generations and their respective cards, it's only reasonable to believe that the winner has to be from the most recent generation, Zexal. However, nothing beats boobies in this game therefor i'm placing All in Mofo on Akiza Izinski. Also, placing 10k against Marik, cuz Screw The Rules.

more_horiz
Akiza it is!

Also, I appreciate your bet against Marik, but for Screw The Rules you need to wait for the bracket matches to be posted so that you can vote against somebody. You can do screw the rules for the current bets on overall winner only pro someone, in which you could bet with, say, Skit that you bet him 10000 that Akiza wins. That you can do right now!

Also you need someone to take on that bet for it to work =p

Also, on the balancing issue, I've taken measures to make all decks functional and even to a point. As you can see, the ones on the latest Yu Gi Oh series aren't duelists who play decks with lots of support and actual playability, while the ones from earlier shows have decks that can still be mildly competitive to this day.

more_horiz
So for Screw the rules i need to bet with someone from DA?

more_horiz
Anzobuse wrote:
So for Screw the rules i need to bet with someone from DA?

Pretty much yeah.

Money In My Pockets on that Zane will win.

Also this thing needs crow e.e

more_horiz
Will the older decks contain modern support?

more_horiz
Zane Truesdale - All In Mofo

I am assuming there's no anime powers? If Marik gets shadow realm they're all screwed

more_horiz
Lol, if they got anime powers Seto can just buy the trophy.

more_horiz
money in my pockets that kaiba wins

more_horiz
Bubbles wrote:
money in my pockets that kaiba wins

Technically it's now money in Kiabas pockets

more_horiz
K I bet on Misael-all in mofo. He has Tachyon, Neo Tachyon, Galaxy Eyes Prime Dragon, and Number 100: Numeron Dragon. Not a chance in hell he's losing this

more_horiz
All bets so far have been taken.

Allow me to answer some questions:

Yes, some Anime support and "forbidden cards" as well as modern support will be included to balance out all the decks. Some of the latest series will tone down some of their cards so that the others can have a chance by adding some of the newer cards. All I can say is that we are trying really hard to make the decks all as balanced as we can before releasing the brackets and actual matches, which will happen starting Monday, most likely.

more_horiz
Well, seeing what some of those decks can DO with the current support...

And the fact that I have a ridiculous amount of money that I will never use...

I'm gonna have to go All In with Quattro.

Also...
Spoiler :

I couldn't resist.

more_horiz
All in, Mofo - Quattro.
Can we watch these duels somehow? Seems fun.

more_horiz
Yes! you will be able to watch the matches. It wouldn't be a legitimate competition if we didn't show the actual fight.

Once we set up the brackets, we will post a small discussion poll for each where people can vote on their favorite duelist for the match and discuss why they think they'd win and, of course, place their bets. A day or so into the discussion, we will release the match video and show you guys how it went down and who won.

more_horiz
could we see the deck lists before placing a bet? I like to make educated gambles.

more_horiz
Number 100: Numeron Dragon's effect isnt revealed yet. How do you plan to do a Misael deck?

Also you shouldve let us vote on chars to be in this, ijs. I wouldve loved to see III in instead of IV. Chronomaly FTW.

more_horiz
could we see the deck lists before placing a bet?

Why, no. That would go kill the fun of the risk and bets. Like I said before, the decks are still being tweaked and will be as balanced as possible, so bet on a character who's theme you like or simply because you like said character. The decks will be revealed at the end of the competition to satisfy curiosity only.

Number 100: Numeron Dragon's effect isnt revealed yet. How do you plan to do a Misael deck?

The card doesn't exist as playable in any way, shape or form, therefore it won't be included. Simple as that.

Also you shouldve let us vote on chars to be in this

Crossed my mind, but no. It would've taken too much time and it would've been harder to balance with more popular characters mixed in with regulars.

more_horiz
Izayoi Aki - Money In My Pockets

Why? Cuz f*ck your english retarded names, original japanese ones or gtfo GrumpyCat

more_horiz
Another one, can i place more than one bet at the same time? If yes, what happens when i lose a bet yet one the other one? assuming both have the same value.

more_horiz
I agree with Train on the english names being retarded

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply