Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

New Dorm System: School Name Suggestions

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+8
Anzo
Linda-Senpai
Azure King
Ezekeil
Centrik
SupremeKing
Naito Raizu
Amy Kool
12 posters

descriptionNew Dorm System: School Name Suggestions EmptyNew Dorm System: School Name Suggestions

more_horiz
DA folks. Recently we made a poll on the core of new system in DA. Clearly majority wants the changes and we are going to make them. Also, we want to clear all possible bad things from it and we want you to participate in those. Things are pretty simple, if you got better idea than we have, we shall take that idea instead of ours. So try your best if you dislike our ideas :D

This time we need names for new "schools". As we said, dorms are getting removed and replaced by schools which are equal (they are not connected to skill anymore or rank ups) and each one of those is from different ygo era. Try to keep that in mind when giving name suggestions.

We have some examples for you:

Dark Magic School, Neos School, Stardust School and Utopia School.

or

Millennium School. Elemental School. Signers School. Numbers School.

As you can see, these examples are all based to represent their eras somehow and be short and clear as possible. Try your best :D

descriptionNew Dorm System: School Name Suggestions EmptyRe: New Dorm System: School Name Suggestions

more_horiz
Question. Do we have to make suggestions where each of the schools is named after something significant in their era?

descriptionNew Dorm System: School Name Suggestions EmptyRe: New Dorm System: School Name Suggestions

more_horiz
Sorry I know this isn't a suggestion but i wanted to say NICE SUGGESTION!
Can we have more info on it?

more_horiz
1 better.

more_horiz
Well, our school themes are to represent their significant eras. So yeah, mostly. Maybe you got such a good suggestion that can actually make us think in another way so don't hesitate to state your mind even if it's not so related.

@SupremeKing. Thanks for support lol. We are also trying hard to make good suggestions but still we appreciate your own ones and we shall choose the best option at the end. More infos will come with time, we announced some details in that poll from before on the new system but right now we are fetching details that you people told us to take care of.

more_horiz
Let's see, four schools.

Well, you could name them off of the Head Admins that have run DA, so if I recall, that would be:

Kazama Academy (Jin Kazama), School of Anzo (Anzo), Behemoth University (Irate), and College of Kool (Amy Kool). Then, you want to have a school to replace Abandoned, you could have the Institute of EJ (EJ).

(Not sure if Irate was ever Head Admin, so adjust that if needed)

Going off of Eras...

Exodius University, Yubel College, School of Stardust, and Astral Academies.

Could also have...

Pegasus University, Kaiba College, Dartz Academy, and School of Merik. Then top it off with Bakura Institutes. Swap Kaiba and Bakura around if wanted. (Yu-Gi-Oh!)

Then there's...

The School of Wicked Gods, Enlightened Academy, Dimensional University and Institute of Darkness (GX)

I'll post more ideas as I get them.

more_horiz

Astral Academies sounds epic.

more_horiz
Astral Academy sounds good

more_horiz
Cicada School Cicada Academy Cicada University Cicada Paradise Cicada Cicada

more_horiz
Tomoko Kuroki wrote:

Cicada ban. >>

more_horiz
Ezekeil wrote:
Quote :

Waitwait. Does anybody else see the epic opportunity for Alcoholics Anonymous jokes here?

more_horiz
Four different schools/dorms, what are their respective group colors?

Here's the names I have in mind:
- Curse Lad School.
- Enchanted Crystal School.
- Undying Hunters School.
- Justice Elite School.

Or, some other interesting stuff:
- White Northern School.
- Cyan Southern School.
- Red Western School.
- Blue Eastern School.

Another pack:
- School of Black Witchery
- School of Red Lotus
- School of Blue Skulls
- School of Curators of Light

Just some random names, and colors, random everything in fact.

more_horiz
Why are you doing this Amy ;~; ?
Please,but please don't pick stupid names Sad.

more_horiz
Salad School is a requirement.

more_horiz
Salader wrote:
Salad School is a requirement.

Salad Eaters , that smells on trouble .

more_horiz
I'd be a good Salad School Master

more_horiz
That's even worst New Dorm System: School Name Suggestions 825159961 .

more_horiz
Anzobuse wrote:
Just some random names, and colors, random everything in fact.

Why so random?

Amy Kool wrote:
As you can see, these examples are all based to represent their eras somehow and be short and clear as possible.

The names amy is saying are good and to the point.

My sugestions:

yugioh           - Illusion Industries Academy (I2)  
yugioh GX      - Duel Island Academy
yugioh  5D     - D-Wheels Academy
yugioh  Zexal - Number Hunters Academy or Astral Academy  (
Ezekeil wrote:

)

PS.:  Academy sounds kind of better than school.....

more_horiz
ddeevviiss wrote:
PS.:Academy sounds kind of better than school.....

I quoted it from Naito XD

Well, I may as well pitch a suggestion while I'm here.

Original: Millennium Academy of the Dueling Arts (MADA) or Millennium Academy
GX: Generation Academy (GA)
5Ds: Fast Track University (FTU)
Zexal: I can't top Astral Academy/Academies (AA!)

more_horiz
Thanks for the suggestions ppl.

Also, just one hint when using those "school, university, academy, institute etc". We are Duel Academy. So, the big thing here is academy and imagine that as the whole island, the whole campus lol. so everything under that can be university, school, institute etc. However, all those names mean different things really and may suggest different levels of those "dorms". If we say university, that word means a collection of departments, faculties call them however you want but everyone knows that university is huge thing. Also using it along with academy, those don't match much since academy can also be under the university and usually is lol. So, all in all university is not wise to use. Also if you use academy for those "dorms" then we lose the purpose of DA, i mean academy under academy thing... confusing and degrading the idea that Duel Academy is the big scale thing and under it are schools. If we will have academies under DA, some people might think that other academy websites merged with us or similar stuff... so no to that also :D (i know, but yeah it is like that from itself, its not that i dont like it or so)

I think Academy as big thing and schools under it is still coolest one to use, since it matches again the youth and is not so serious like university, institute etc.

more_horiz
Tomoko Kuroki wrote:

more_horiz
Original: Dueling Pyramid, Millennium Academy
GX: Duel Academy Island, Toolshed
5Ds: Speedway Academy, Motorcycle University/Academy, Acceleration Academy/U, Academy Accelerator. I SWEAR THERE'S MORE.
Zexal: Number Chaos ______.
Das all I got.

more_horiz
We got enough suggestions from you people. Soon we will start the voting.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply