Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Duel Academy: Find the Word of the Day!

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+9
Order of Chaos
! High Dutchman Gianus
Jin Kazama
BlackWarGreymon
Alikaey
Amy Kool
Typical Jew™
LòKóS
Jue Viole Grace
13 posters

descriptionDuel Academy: Find the Word of the Day! EmptyDuel Academy: Find the Word of the Day!

more_horiz
Hello Duel Academy,

this is your all-time favourite admin speaking. Or so I hope you think. You're getting banned if you don't.

Anyway, on to business, starting from today on, I will introduce a simple new game: find the Word of the Day!
The rules are easy. I will think of any random word (yes, any word) and will censor it (and all variations of it; as in, each person if it is a verb or both singular and plural if it is a noun).
Once you tyoe it into the chatbox or post it, a nice little congratulations message will appear, giving you further explanations what to do.
As reward, I'll hand out 100 DP to the first person to find the word (though it is more likely that it will be found in chat, posts also count towards this). I'll also determine if you actually found the word or just copied it.

So, as usual, an example below.

I thought of the word "deception" (because my band is named "Deceiver's Disgrace").
User A (let's not give him a name) types in "deception is not a nice thing to do" which will result in a message similar to this: "You have found the Word of the Day! Send Irate a private message to claim 100 DP. is not a nice thing to do."

So, happy finding it. The first word will be... hah, nice try.

~ Irate

Last edited by Irate on Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionDuel Academy: Find the Word of the Day! EmptyRe: Duel Academy: Find the Word of the Day!

more_horiz
Whoa this will be fun XD Also one question... The message about finding the word will be a PM or pop up? Cuz MY browsers got prbplems with pop ups...

descriptionDuel Academy: Find the Word of the Day! EmptyRe: Duel Academy: Find the Word of the Day!

more_horiz
It's integrated into forumotion's word censoring feature, no worries.

more_horiz
I don't get it what you meant with that Oh Shit

more_horiz
Exanole, I type in You found the Word of the Day! PM Irate to claim 100 DP. (the word of the day), which you won't see because it will be replaced automatically.

Hint for today's word of the day is that it begins with an h and contains 5 vowels.

more_horiz
You found the Word of the Day! PM Irate to claim 100 DP.

the word was hermaphrodit (e)

more_horiz
And Typical Jew™ found the first word. I'll put up a new one.
No hint besides from the fact that the word is not a "thing", as in, you can't touch it, eat it, see it and so on.

more_horiz
And Alexis Rhodes found the word. 100 DP for her.
The word was "despαir".

Next word is up, the only hint I give is that this time, it actually is something you can touch.

more_horiz
dafuq lol. Irate you did well with this one, so well that I'm gonna code you a nice tie for the wedding, maybe.

Duel Academy: Find the Word of the Day! 2723552638 Duel Academy: Find the Word of the Day! 3147896512 Duel Academy: Find the Word of the Day! 1968215193 Duel Academy: Find the Word of the Day! 1144978906 

more_horiz
:O

more_horiz
what? this is a great idea LOL.

more_horiz
This game is good, but seriously xD

more_horiz
Can I just go into the ACP and cheat.

more_horiz
Irate wrote:
Hello Duel Academy,

this is your all-time favourite admin speaking. Or so I hope you think. You're getting banned if you don't.

Anyway, on to business, starting from today on, I will introduce a simple new game: find the Word of the Day!
The rules are easy. I will think of any random word (yes, any word) and will censor it (and all variations of it; as in, each person if it is a verb or both singular and plural if it is a noun).
Once you tyoe it into the chatbox or post it, a nice little congratulations message will appear, giving you further explanations what to do.
As reward, I'll hand out 100 DP to the first person to find the word (though it is more likely that it will be found in chat, posts also count towards this). I'll also determine if you actually found the word or just copied it.

So, as usual, an example below.

I thought of the word "deception" (because my band is named "Deceiver's Disgrace").
User A (let's not give him a name) types in "deception is not a nice thing to do" which will result in a message similar to this: "You have found the Word of the Day! Send Irate a private message to claim 100 DP. is not a nice thing to do."

So, happy finding it. The first word will be... hah, nice try.

~ Irate

This is legitimately the first time that I've seen Irate make a typo o_O....

Ow, and nice idea...

more_horiz
erase that, it brings bad luck :O

more_horiz
HE MADE A TYPO AND THE WORLD DESERVES TO KNOW!!!!!

more_horiz
typographical mistake*

And I was typing it on my mobile phone (in some parts of the world, a "mobile phone" is also called "cellphone").

I am inexplicably sorry for the mistake I made.
I will commit suicide immediately.

more_horiz
Yay for suicides ^^

more_horiz
idea is funny , looking forward to it. Duel Academy: Find the Word of the Day! 1174271126 

more_horiz
the idea of Irate commiting suicide? weird thing to look forward to considering you dont know him you shouldnt really care, I can see how it would be funny though

more_horiz
^God damn that is what I thought but I didn't post it lol Duel Academy: Find the Word of the Day! 3974120512

more_horiz
Yay, dead people.

Yay, new Admin position open.

I support Lokos for Admin!

more_horiz
Thank you :>

more_horiz
No. No Admin positions open. Irate stays even when dead.

more_horiz
This is an automated response created by Irate Bot™ v2.2.5 ©
Please do not respond to this message.

===BEGIN MESSAGE===

I will never die.

===END MESSAGE===

more_horiz
Aaaand jjh927 found the word!
It was "cυpboard"!

Going to change it in a minute.

Hint: it's - once again - nothing you can actually touch, but it's still a noun. Has no senseful plural form. Begins with an "h".

more_horiz
You found the Word of the Day! PM Irate to claim 100 DP.. GG.

Hypo crisy.

more_horiz
Correct.
100 DP awarded to jj.
Next time, PM me.

Next word is an -ism.

more_horiz
This stagnated a little, so I solved this for you: the word was Gregorianism. To quote jjh927: 'I would not have gotten that. Ever.'

New word's up. Hint: Stone cold.

more_horiz
Ice
Would be too easy..

EDIT: Sad

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply