Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionMerchant Rays EmptyMerchant Rays

more_horiz
if you know anything about magical merchant decksId like some advice going to keep it with lightsworns though

Merchant Rays O4HW3rG

Last edited by Sir on Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

descriptionMerchant Rays EmptyRe: Merchant Rays

more_horiz
If you want a working merchant deck, then do not use reasoning, solar recharge or beckoning light. You want to minimalise spells and traps and make sure you mill about 20 cards with merchant's effect, which you then select one of with reincarnation- the only spell you should be running. You need to select a nice light fairy monster that isn't Sephylon- light, so that diabolos (which you should definitely be running) and daedalus can be summoned easier if needs be, and fairy so that sephylon can summon it and make it a 4000 beater for free. You do not want 3 JDs- 2 would surfice. Diabolos is easier to summon and is generally nastier.

I can't help but notice that 17 of your cards are useless in your opening hand. Until situations arise in which they can be used, which normally come in the mid game, these would be completely dead. Considering that's almost half your deck, you really need to invisage the spirit of merchant decks. You either go all in sackyness, which is merchant, or you can't use merchant. So the lightsworn stuff probably needs to be cut down a bit.

Lastly, you're only using 1 sephylon, no chaos necromancer (OP in these decks, best level 1 EU) and no DAD. 3 seph and a DAD are needed, and I likes mah chaos necro. How many other chances will you get to summon a 6000 ATK Level 1 monster?

Lastly, try siding gren maju de eiza. Macro decks screw you over, but if you get enough stuff banished or your opponent sides big burn you can make them regret it. It seems crazy, but it gets you back in the game against your biggest counter.

Your other counter is consistency. Seriously, magical merchant decks rely on getting merchant and then being able to use its flip effect. Flip effects are pretty slow and don't always work in this format. Even so, have fun.

Last edited by jjh927 on Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
I am using chaos sorcerer you must mean necromancer ill try it out but the main reason for this deck was just because I wanted to try out the new lightsworn cat lady ill try your suggestions and see if they work

also I dont think I really need another fairy id have to use krystia if I do add one though cant think of anything else that could be useful incase I draw it

more_horiz
made some changes

more_horiz
Sir wrote:
I am using chaos sorcerer you must mean necromancer ill try it out but the main reason for this deck was just because I wanted to try out the new lightsworn cat lady ill try your suggestions and see if they work

also I dont think I really need another fairy id have to use krystia if I do add one though cant think of anything else that could be useful incase I draw it

I did mean chaos necro XD, was making that post at 1:00 in the morning.

Sadly, kristya is pretty pointless without even more fairies. TBH, it doesn't really matter what you use, there just needs to be an option. A 4000 ATK beater is great, but 2 4000 ATK beaters are better. Nuff said.

more_horiz
yeah I relized he wouldnt be perfect just a shame I cant find any level 10 fairies that work with him that are light monsters could make some xyz pretty easy with him only one there is is water

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply