Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Dorm Ranks: What Next?

power_settings_newLogin to reply

Dorm Ranks: What Next?

Let's get into the gist of this blog quickly. Recently I posted an update to Slifer dorm. We've all discussed it a bit, it's definitely out there. Slifers think it is unattainable and they don't want to dorm up because it's the best dorm.

Okay, so how do you want Duel Academy to work? Would you prefer it stay as Duel Academy, or should it change its theme to something else? What about going up a rank from Slifer to Ra, and Ra to Obelisk? How do you think this should happen?

Serious opinions only, please.

Comments

TDS
Jin Kazama wrote:
Then you're OK with everyone being Slifer. Right TDS?

No, I am not OK with that lol, but me and you both know some slifers cannot pass the test since to them it is to hard, so as a suggestion make the current testing System 50/100 and a duel 50/100, you still have to buy the item to get tested, you will do the current test, Lets say you score a 30/50, you need a 50/50 to pass, passing mark would be 80/100 to Ra,would be great, consists of a duel and a ruling test. A suggestion that I hope will happen.
Gremlin
not ready? you do relize they are all the same right? stop being so dramatic
VoxPopulii
I'll be honest here, I'm currently a Slifer for the fact that I want to be. I've had numerous opportunities (3) to rank up to Ra Dorm, but I continue to feel like I am not ready nor good enough to advance yet. I am still rather new to the game (started playing in December of 2012) and am still learning about the game as I go. For other people it might be due to laziness; but for others like me, they just aren't ready.
Bearer of the Mask
Naito Raizu wrote:
What about instead of dorms that divide by skill, we have a set of "Houses" that each student is randomly filtered into? Within these houses, you could have a special rank that increases through tests that show that you've been improving as a duelist. After reaching a certain skill level or level of commitment in DA, there could be a top house that the students are filtered into, much like the Abandoned Dark Dorm now.

Just an idea.

this is probably the best idea on here. 1 thing though, what about we have everyone get into like groups they want to be in the same house as so everyone is happy :D and also, each house could have their own ranking system, and host a tournament every so often to give one member the title of best[insert house name here] duelist along with an achievement/userbar
Jin Kazama
Then you're OK with everyone being Slifer. Right TDS?
Centrik
TDS wrote:
Whitney wrote:
I like the old DA because it had a big number of yellow, blue and purple because of dueling test so keep the dueling test. Also, I think the idea of "Duel Academy" is a little bit old now. Even MCA noticed that and now created a new forum called "Tokenator Academy", without "Duel".

Naito's idea is good.

Kaizer really cant get better names can she... Anyway, I am against all idea's for a change in dorm or style, it has been represented like this for the past 5 years, why would you as a community change it? I mean this is a DUEL academy and why should it change? It will not get more members if we change the idea or anything, heck some people here only for the DUEL part, so by changing you are changing to the worst not the best, in other words, Please do not change ._.

The name is my idea :U
TDS
Whitney wrote:
I like the old DA because it had a big number of yellow, blue and purple because of dueling test so keep the dueling test. Also, I think the idea of "Duel Academy" is a little bit old now. Even MCA noticed that and now created a new forum called "Tokenator Academy", without "Duel".

Naito's idea is good.

Kaizer really cant get better names can she... Anyway, I am against all idea's for a change in dorm or style, it has been represented like this for the past 5 years, why would you as a community change it? I mean this is a DUEL academy and why should it change? It will not get more members if we change the idea or anything, heck some people here only for the DUEL part, so by changing you are changing to the worst not the best, in other words, Please do not change ._.
faervel
Ezekeil wrote:
faervel wrote:
Naito Raizu wrote:
What about instead of dorms that divide by skill, we have a set of "Houses" that each student is randomly filtered into? Within these houses, you could have a special rank that increases through tests that show that you've been improving as a duelist. After reaching a certain skill level or level of commitment in DA, there could be a top house that the students are filtered into, much like the Abandoned Dark Dorm now.

Just an idea.
You mean like harry potter?
I like this idea cheers

I... That... That's not a bad idea. It actually sounds kind of interesting.

it can make things a lot more fun like there can be 6 dorms with 6attribute names(or 4 if 6 is too much for the current inactivity) and above all there can be the divine attribute...just imagine the events for a second...wars between 2 attributes...the tour between the 6 dorm champions...and there can be some ranks in each dorm(just like the dorm up system)...for example:rookie,intermediate&pro
...I know it seems like changing everything in the academy but i guess DA gets a lot better if it turns like this(and we will be the 1st academy that is using a system like this)
RekonZero
i like how the system is now, it makes more sense since this is a dueling SCHOOL. I dont think the dorm ups system should change nor do i think the theme needs to change.
Ezekeil
ALu wrote:
Maybe it's time to move to a RPG branch with levels and titles.

<-- Saw the word RPG, instantly interested.

Could you explain a little more though?
ALu
Maybe it's time to move to a RPG branch with levels and titles.
Centrik

Naito's idea is good.
TDS
Slifers usually aint ranking up because they excpect this place like other Acad's, a duel test, not Achivments which take skill of a Ra or Obe nor a ruling exam, it aint hard but not all of us have the talent lol, Naito's idea is great, but I personally think it shouold become a duel test for Slifer to Ra and same for Ra to Obe for a short while that is.
Ezekeil
faervel wrote:
Naito Raizu wrote:

Just an idea.
I like this idea cheers

I... That... That's not a bad idea. It actually sounds kind of interesting.
faervel
Naito Raizu wrote:

Just an idea.

I like this idea cheers
Gremlin
its just bad how these dorms have nothing to do with how good you are
Naito Raizu

Just an idea.
Jin Kazama
We definitely can't permaban people. Do people hate being tested? Is it getting old?
Gremlin
Bearer of the Mask wrote:
Sir wrote:
the problem isnt that they think they cant dorm up its that they are lazy or dont care to do anything here just permaban anyone who hasnt moved up or atleast tried to for a certain period of time maybe a month or two meaning if they didnt do tournaments that have that as a prize or havent tried to take a test or anything

myself not included
is bad idea. really. i mean the only people this WOULDNT apply to are a bunch of slifers, a couple of ras, and maybe like 1-2 obbys.
ovelisks are already at the top why would you expect them to rank up?
Bearer of the Mask
Sir wrote:
the problem isnt that they think they cant dorm up its that they are lazy or dont care to do anything here just permaban anyone who hasnt moved up or atleast tried to for a certain period of time maybe a month or two meaning if they didnt do tournaments that have that as a prize or havent tried to take a test or anything

myself not included
is bad idea. really. i mean the only people this WOULDNT apply to are a bunch of slifers, a couple of ras, and maybe like 1-2 obbys.
Gremlin
the problem isnt that they think they cant dorm up its that they are lazy or dont care to do anything here just permaban anyone who has been active here and hasnt moved up or atleast tried to for a certain period of time, meaning if they didnt do tournaments that have a dorm upgrade as a prize or havent tried to take a test or anything

myself not included

Last edited by Sir on Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Bearer of the Mask
Jin Kazama wrote:
personally, i love how da is right now, but you could have like, a neutral rank for new members and have them do an actual entrance exam or something like that, where if they fail, instead of not being allowed in they could just go slifer.

We used to have this. Unfortunately it did not work out.

oh. well that sucks. in that case, i would suggest doing more events like duelist kingdom, solely focused on dorming up, but not just for slifer.
Jin Kazama
personally, i love how da is right now, but you could have like, a neutral rank for new members and have them do an actual entrance exam or something like that, where if they fail, instead of not being allowed in they could just go slifer.

We used to have this. Unfortunately it did not work out.
Bearer of the Mask
power_settings_newLogin to reply
remove_circleSimilar topics
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum