Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Black Garden

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+4
! Prince
Skitoritto
DefinitelyNotXrai
RekonZero
8 posters

descriptionBlack Garden EmptyBlack Garden

more_horiz
Okay so i have no idea how to properly use this card even tho i have it in a lot of my decks, mainly my Black Garden Bujin's, Bujin control and Chainbeat decks but idk exectly how to use this card to my advantage yet. Any pointers?

descriptionBlack Garden EmptyRe: Black Garden

more_horiz
Chainbeat decks:
Using Evilswarm Thunderbird and Wind-Up Rabbits effects to completely dodge the effect of Black Garden so that your opponent wouldn't get any tokens, while you get lots of tokens since your opponent will spam monsters. You also use cards like Torrential Tribute in order to destroy all of your opponent's stuff.

I'm honestly not sure about Black Garden Bujins.

more_horiz
Beat :
Garden Starts Chains , if you have Wind-Up Rabbit and Evilswarm Thunderbird + Accumulated knowlege its a + 2 .
Once Wu Rabbit and Thunderbird get back on fiend Garden can't touch them as they were returned not summoned.
Bujin :
After Atk is lowerd Garden summons a token , if target is banshed or imune (Lance) garden wont't ss a token .
Crane Boosts your attack by monsters original attack , not by one it has due to garden.
That would be it ._. ..

more_horiz
You're fully aware I'm the chain beat master and have my skype.just message me.

more_horiz
! Prince wrote:

Oh yeah i forgot your like the god of chainbeat XD haha i will later tonight

more_horiz
! Prince wrote:
You lie. It's the K. Potassium. Pothead. Potass. Whatever his name is now. Kalium?

more_horiz
XraishionX wrote:
! Prince wrote:
You lie. It's the K. Potassium. Pothead. Potass. Whatever his name is now. Kalium?

He uses normal burn

more_horiz
Ther is no master of Chain Beat , we all play it in the same way e_e .

more_horiz
I guarantee you he's using my deck e.e and it was a joke.

more_horiz
We know, just our people want to troll.

Stop it boys -.-

more_horiz
Skit wrote:
Beat :
Garden Starts Chains , if you have Wind-Up Rabbit and Evilswarm Thunderbird + Accumulated knowlege its a + 2 .
Once Wu Rabbit and Thunderbird get back on fiend Garden can't touch them as they were returned not summoned.
Bujin :
After Atk is lowerd Garden summons a token , if target is banshed or imune (Lance) garden wont't ss a token .
Crane Boosts your attack by monsters original attack , not by one it has due to garden.
That would be it ._. ..

I accidentally upvoted you trying to quote you, haha.

I just want to make some comments and that is you have the general rightidea but you don't have them used in a real-duel situation.

also you're wrong about Garden not summoning a token.

more_horiz
! Prince wrote:
Skit wrote:
Beat :
Bujin :
That would be it ._. ..

I accidentally upvoted you trying to quote you, haha.

I just want to make some comments and that is you have the general rightidea but you don't have them used in a real-duel situation.

also you're wrong about Garden not summoning a token.

I thought he was right? if you cant halve the attack of the monster then no token, and if you cant get a token the monsters attack isnt halved? thats how i always thought of it anyway

more_horiz
Attack has to be halved in order for Garden to summon a token -_- !
Read it's text !

more_horiz
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Black_Garden

Here you can all see that no matter the ATK is being halved, the Token will be summoned and the other way arround.

Black Garden

When a monster is Normal or Special Summoned, except by the effect of "Black Garden", halve its ATK and Special Summon 1 "Rose Token" (Plant-Type/DARK/Level 2/ATK 800/DEF 800) in Attack Position to its controller's opponent's side of the field. "Rose Tokens" cannot be destroyed by battle or declare an attack. You can destroy this card and all face-up Plant-Type monsters on the field to Special Summon 1 monster from your Graveyard whose ATK is equal to or less than the total ATK of those monsters.

The RED text I marked is all one effect. Meaning it does not matter if the ATK halves or not in order for Black Garden to summon a Token.

more_horiz
Black Garden could use some updated text to make things easier to understand.

Both happen. Whether or not halving resolves is irrelevant because of the "and" clause saying both happen.

Further questions? Again. Problem solving text would help this card immensely.

more_horiz
Who know , if we ask KONAMI for a reprint with more understandable text i bet they would re-print it.
As more money is allways goal at KONAMI Co.

more_horiz
People be talking about Chain Beat (overrated) so I'mma add some clarification on Bujins.

The way you use it to your advantage is basically weaken your opponent's monsters along with giving them tokens. How does this help? Susano'o.

Susano'o allows you to run over every single one of their monsters easily due to Black Garden halving their ATK. You don't need to worry because you've got Honest and Crane.
Here's how it goes:

Summon Susano'o > ATK is halved > Opponent gets token.

Add Crane with Susano'o's effect.

Attack a token > Activate Crane = 4400 vs 800.

After Crane's effect is over, Susano'o will return back to its original ATK points which means you've pretty much avoided Black Garden's halving effect. Then you just keep attacking.

That's pretty much how Bujin Garden works. Just a way to take advantage of Susano'o's multiple attack effect.

more_horiz
I must be the one genius who could read Garden and it make enough logical sense to play normally.

Also Chain Beat isn't overrated you must be bad. It actually took more writing to explain it in Chain Beat than stretching it out in Bujin. You also did it wrong, it's 48 vs 8, not 44 v 8.

more_horiz
! Prince wrote:
I must be the one genius who could read Garden and it make enough logical sense to play normally.

Also Chain Beat isn't overrated you must be bad. It actually took more writing to explain it in Chain Beat than stretching it out in Bujin. You also did it wrong, it's 48 vs 8, not 44 v 8.

Well, excuse me for not being the master of a game I haven't played in a few months ._. Just the type of treatment one gets from attempting to help out in this community.

more_horiz
You insulted chain beat e.e you get no mercy

more_horiz
! Prince wrote:
You insulted chain beat e.e you get no mercy
Players of Chain Beat, I find, often over exaggerate on how good the deck is and that fits exactly with the definition of overrated; it's not an insult if it's fact.

That being said, don't take it the wrong way as in me saying the deck is bad.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply