Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionGozen Match EmptyGozen Match

more_horiz
This card has been troubling me for a while now and i really want to know how it works. So basicly how do we chose the attributes if for example my opponent has no monsters on the field etc. I just want a full explanation about this card: How is it used and all. Thanks in advance and I'm sorry if it took a long tie for you to write the explanation( I know what i ask for might be a bit of long description Smile )

descriptionGozen Match EmptyRe: Gozen Match

more_horiz
If Player A has face-up monsters on the field with different attributes, he just says something like "I choose WATER attributes to stay on the field" and sends all other face-up non-WATER monsters to the graveyard.
If he has no face-up monsters, the next time a monster is face-up on the field, the attribute of the card is applied for Gozen Match (I don't quite know what'd happen with cards like Dark Simorgh or so, but fuck that).
While Gozen Match is active, neither player can summon a monster with a different attribute than what attribute is applied for Gozen Match, even if it means that the new monster would be the only one of its attribute! Example, you control 2 face-up Fluff Tokens (WIND, as a reminder), you now cannot tribute these two to summon Blue-Eyes White Dragon, you are onpy able to Tribute Set it , and then you can flip it up, first.
Synchro, Fusion and Xyz Summons aren't possible unless all the materials and the monster attempted to summon have the same attribute (for example, overlaying 2 Brotherhood of the Fire Fist- Bear's to Xyz Summon BotFF - Tiger King is perfectly legal, bit you cannot dummon Number 39: Utopia, for example).
By the way, everything mentioned for Player A in above paragraph applies to Player B, too, of course.

more_horiz
Irate wrote:
If Player A has face-up monsters on the field with different attributes, he just says something like "I choose WATER attributes to stay on the field" and sends all other face-up non-WATER monsters to the graveyard.
If he has no face-up monsters, the next time a monster is face-up on the field, the attribute of the card is applied for Gozen Match (I don't quite know what'd happen with cards like Dark Simorgh or so, but fuck that).
While Gozen Match is active, neither player can summon a monster with a different attribute than what attribute is applied for Gozen Match, even if it means that the new monster would be the only one of its attribute! Example, you control 2 face-up Fluff Tokens (WIND, as a reminder), you now cannot tribute these two to summon Blue-Eyes White Dragon, you are onpy able to Tribute Set it , and then you can flip it up, first.
Synchro, Fusion and Xyz Summons aren't possible unless all the materials and the monster attempted to summon have the same attribute (for example, overlaying 2 Brotherhood of the Fire Fist- Bear's to Xyz Summon BotFF - Tiger King is perfectly legal, bit you cannot dummon Number 39: Utopia, for example).
By the way, everything mentioned for Player A in above paragraph applies to Player B, too, of course.
gozen match ruling page state that cards like light and darkness gets destroyd with gozen match

more_horiz
Thank you very much, both of you guys. I get i now to the fullest, I really do. Irate your explanation was great(I wouldn't expect less from you) and Train thanks a lot for that great detail about cards like LaDD and Dark Simorgh.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply