Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionRock Swarm? EmptyRock Swarm?

more_horiz
Rock Swarm? JInrxZN

Decklist:

-Monsters-
Grandsoil the Elemental Lord x2
Gaia Plate the Earth Giant x1
Gogogo Giant x3
Koa'ki Meiru Guardian x3
Koa'ki Meiru Sandman x2
Koa'ki Meiru Wall x2
Revival Golem x3
Naturia Rock x2
Block Golem x2

-Spells-
Heavy Storm x1
Foolish Burial x1
Monster Reborn x1
Pot of Duality x2
Forbidden Lance x2
Catapult Zone x3

-Traps-
Rock Bombardment x3
Bottomless Trap Hole x2
Starlight Road x1
Dimensional Prison x2
Compulsory Evacuation Device x2

--Extra--
Stardust Dragon x1
Gem-Knight Pearl x1
Number 16: Shock Master x1
Fairy King Albverdich x1
Photon Papilloperative x1
Number 50: Blackship of Corn x1
Maestroke the Symphony Djinn x1
Lavalval Chain x2
Abyss Dweller x1
Gagaga Cowboy x1
Number 17: Leviathan Dragon x1
Soul of Silvermountain x1
Leviair the Sea Dragon x1
Giant Soldier of Steel x1

No side deck as of yet. Sad

-Main plays-

My main plays with this is to use cards like lavalval chain, foolish burial, rock bombardment, and catapult zone to pitch revival golem and gogogo giant from my deck to go into rank 4s, and to eventaully get enough earths in my graveyard to summon grand soil or gaia plate. This also feeds targets for block golemn.

The other half of the deck (the kaokis) add an element of control to the deck while also being good earth and rock targets. However, their costs (being I have to have a rock target in my hand at the end of the turn) mean I have to hold onto something (often a dead revival golems) can be a pain to work with but their effects can really make up for it (negating stuff while feeding my graveyard).

Those are just the general ideas of the deck. The xyz I bring out most is lavalval chain (to get more revival golems/gogogo giants and start plussing) and gem knight perl/fairy king (to get more earths for grandsoil). The other xyz are just generally what I find to be useful in different situations.

-Ideas for improvement-
Well that's the deck for now. I am playing this on devpro atm, and will start trying it out on Dn. It's rough as it stands and I still have a lot of work to iron out some consistency issues. Thinking about taking our 1 rock bombardment since I run out of useful targets in late game, or if I draw into them and it becomes kind of dead. Its really more of a replacement for foolish burial since that's faster.

I'm also looking to see if there are any good rocks and/or earth type monsters I can add in that I may have overlooked. I just now starting looking over all the rock monsters and these are what I found to be most useable right off the bat. I am also considering taking out the naturia rocks and focusing more on rank 4 plays.

Grandsoil can be amazing if I pull it off, but once I get too many earths in my grave it can be dead way late in game. Gaia plate helps with this, but I am really looking for other cards that may help remove unwanted monsters. Daigusto emeral comes to mind, and now that I think about it I am going to be adding that to the extra. Avarice would also be a good choice, but it seems everytime I run it I get it first turn without fail.-+

-To do list-
Find room for solemn(s)
Clean up extra deck
Add side deck
Cards I am considering: Card Car D/Maxx "C", Skill Drain, Rock Monarch

Last edited by Flackle on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionRock Swarm? EmptyRe: Rock Swarm?

more_horiz
Ummm no Granmarg in a rock deck ??????????

more_horiz
DarkParadigm wrote:
Ummm no Granmarg in a rock deck ??????????

I suppose I could add him to the side since certain decks don't set. This deck has quite a bit of back row, considering the amount of traps and a few quickplays I set often. If my opponent never sets anything and I do before drawing Granmarg it puts me in an awkward position.

Regardless thanks for the advice and I may consider it. :>

more_horiz
Yeah it's a bit of a drawback, but still granmarg is a great card in certin situations

more_horiz
Since lot of Koaki Meiru rock type mnster had effect to tribute, u should add Skill Drain.
Also CardCar D

more_horiz
I'm not sure what to add here but maybe u can get an idea from my magnet deck.
http://www.duelacademy.net/t28408-magnets-unite

do remember I tried to base this deck off the magnets tho lol.

more_horiz
Swords Of Light wrote:
Since lot of Koaki Meiru rock type mnster had effect to tribute, u should add Skill Drain.
Also CardCar D

Skill drain would definatly be an awesome card for this deck. The only cards it could hurt is, gaia plate, and gogogo giant. Both have respectable stats (and gogogo giant loses it harmful "go to def" effect) so it would only make them less useful and not totally useless. I'll think about it and may test it out to see how well it runs in the main, but it's defiantly going in the side since I can side those monsters out and add more koakis.

I could see CardCar D being good for grandsoil and gaia plate, but I don't like running the risk of drawing into revival golemn while also losing my normal summon. I was actually thinking Maxx "c" wouldn't hurt since it can cause my opponent to slow down (or let me plus, which is still always good), and well timed it can be a free earth in the grave (plus I still get my normal summon, which this deck rely a lot on). Regardless I'll try them out and see which one works better. Thanks for the help!

Xzile wrote:
I'm not sure what to add here but maybe u can get an idea from my magnet deck.
http://www.duelacademy.net/t28408-magnets-unite

do remember I tried to base this deck off the magnets tho lol.

I see some similarities but you're is going for an overall different strategy. I'll look over it and see if I spot some ideas. Regardless I like your deck. :U

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply