Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionRunning Xbox 360 games from jump/flash drive EmptyRunning Xbox 360 games from jump/flash drive

more_horiz
I wasn't going to buy Xbox 360 since I was saving for PS4 when you're told it's only cost you 110$ it's worth it. So I've bought one. However, I've had little problems getting games running.

You see, I don't buy games from stores from the internet, i Pirate them. I've downloaded Skyrim from a magnet link to my PC and I've read some tutorials and watched few videos on how to configure jump/flash drive for Xbox 360, copied the games files to the jump/flash drive and tried to make it work on Xbox, but the Xbox didn't even recognize it. I don't understand the whole flash drive thingy and Xbox 360 and how it works exactly, so if someone can help me It'd be great.

I have few issues needs to be resolved, hope you can help:
1. After plugging my Flash Drive to my Xbox 360, I go to Settings > Storage > and Configure my Flash Drive to be a valid Storage for Xbox 360: When i plug it back in to my PC, the PC says It's full and have no enough space to copy the game files to it. Game file size is 581MB, and my Flash Drive is 16GB. When i plug it back into my Xbox 360 it shows me that i have near 14GB free. I've Googled it a bit, and the only answer was that my PC doesn't recognize and is unable to read Xbox 360 files therefor unable to know the size of those files in exact.

2. Is there any software or a known method to install/download games to jump/flash drive from my PC/Laptop? Knowing that my PC always recognize my flash drive full, if not he recognize it with only 2 or 3 MB free on it, while there is 14 GB free.

descriptionRunning Xbox 360 games from jump/flash drive EmptyRe: Running Xbox 360 games from jump/flash drive

more_horiz
do the magnet link thing again, except instead of saving to your hard drive, save to the jump drive? I don't know if it works, but it's worth a shot, I guess

descriptionRunning Xbox 360 games from jump/flash drive EmptyRe: Running Xbox 360 games from jump/flash drive

more_horiz
After configuring my Flash Drive on my Xbox 360, it becomes a valid storage device. When i plug it to my PC to copy my games to it or w/e, the PC doesn't recognize the Xbox 360 files that has been added to the flash drive to make the flash drive a valid/recognizable storage device. On Xbox 360, those files size like few MBs, however on PC it recognize those as 14GB or a full flash drive.

more_horiz
Normally, I'd suggest compressing to a .rar or something, but I don't think that an xbox can do anything with a rar file

more_horiz
How do i know if the file i have is a valid Xbox 360 file or not?

more_horiz
Honestly, I don't know the Xbox360 file format, so I couldn't tell you. According the the xbox website, you should be able to run games off of it, but it doesn't say how to put them on it from a cpu. Maybe put them into a .rar, put the .rar onto the jump, then extract it onto the jump? I honestly have no clue. If your computer doesn't recognize a file format at all, there really isn't much you can do.

more_horiz
I've figured out few things after a pain of googling and YTing. I needed to install a program called Horizon for my PC to recognize Xbox 360 files. Also for my flashed console i can't play games through an external hard drive such as jump/flash drive. Hence i have to burn the game img into a DVD through a program called ImgBurn, will try it out and see how it goes.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply