Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Xbox One VS PS4

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+14
ALu
Anzo
Efane
TricksterPDH5
Baws
DefinitelyNotXrai
Yillion
Jikan
Linda-Senpai
Judgment Master
Atticus
Azure King
Heatnix
xShOtz
18 posters

descriptionXbox One VS PS4 EmptyXbox One VS PS4

more_horiz
Lets not get into any bad arguments here :D

For those of you that didn't know, the Xbox One(Next gen xbox) Was revealed today. Here is a screenshot of it.

Xbox One VS PS4 6C7512049-new-image-consoles.blocks_desktop_large

The new xbox One proposes a great challenge for the ps4, due to all of its new features like watching your cable and skype.

Here is the link to the official xbox one site so you can look at some of the features: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xboxone/meet-xbox-one

Now onto the PS4. The ps4 has plenty of new features as well. I would give a screenshot of it but, sony decided not to show the console until E3, which is very soon.

Here is a link to the ps4 site: http://us.playstation.com/ps4/

So my question is, which one do you prefer? And which one do you think will sell more?

descriptionXbox One VS PS4 EmptyRe: Xbox One VS PS4

more_horiz
I don't care which sales more. I don't care about siding with either. If they have games I like I'll get them. They both had mediocre presentations, no one cares enough but fanatics and brand loyalists.

more_horiz
The Xbox One will kill Microsoft. Simple as that. As long as the PS4 doesn't do anything stupid like Microsoft then the Xbox is dead.

........ But screw both. Wii U is where it is at. The only thing that will sell me on the PS4 is SquareEnix.

more_horiz
Wasn't overly impressed with the Xbox One, but I'd still take it over a PS4.

more_horiz
i been buying ps systems since they came out but seens i into love and peace i always have one of each Razz

more_horiz
I bet they cost like 800 dollars.

more_horiz
Harmonia wrote:
I bet they cost like 800 dollars.
From what I've read, the Xbox One should be costing roughly around $600, with the PS4 ranging from $450-550, depending on the model.

more_horiz
thats ridiculously expensive

more_horiz
That DualShock4 controller...

::Monkey47::

more_horiz
i prefer the Wii U gamepad

more_horiz
Doesn't matter. If they have games that make me gusta, I'll use both.

more_horiz
Wii U is the only system so far that has games i WANT to play... so i bougt it when it came out

more_horiz
Wii U > PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
Games that I'd play. The engine is small, but the games don't require big engines to play them.

more_horiz
Wyrmking wrote:
Wii U is the only system so far that has games i WANT to play... so i bougt it when it came out

That's the one thing that could make the Wii U pretty good; It will be pretty cheap to develop for it down the line compared to the graphic mongers the new two are. Just look at Tomb Raider and Dead Space 3. Sold millions and didn't even broke even in profits.

more_horiz
new Nintendo direct coming soon and they are gonna reveal some new stuff... like the new SSB(U?), Mario Kart, and possibly new Zelda U

more_horiz
Cable and Skype are irrelevant since you require a cable box/provider to use it, and for Skype you need internet.

The features don't sell a console, it's how limited they make it which makes or breaks it.

Mandatory internet connection once every 24 hours
Mandatory internet connection to register games.
Kinect is always-on.
You must lend out your Xbox Live account to people to be able to let people borrow your games.

PS4 on the other hand.

Will complete support LP'ers
Will let indie developers self publish their games.
Will streamline PSX 2 and 3 games(whole catalog, kingdom hearts included) to the PS4 through Sony's Gaikai cloud server.

PS4 when between the 2

more_horiz
To those who said the Wii U is better, fuck you. To those who said that the Wii U is better than the PC, SUPER SAIYAN FUCK YOU! But anyway, I think that the PS4 is basically the same but with higher specs, and the XBOX ONE is basically the same but with higher specs and super television. The only difference will be preference, and, of course, always online. If one has always online then it will fail.

more_horiz
ddr5 ram sounds so damn sexy

more_horiz
i'm sorry but power and graphics don't make a game. sure they look nice but that doesn't make a game. Nintendo will always be king for realizing that... and only Square Enix will sell me on the PS4

more_horiz
platinum games sold me on wii u...
now they gotta release bayonetta 2 and ima buy it the day there is the release date

more_horiz
Only thing making me preferring PS4 over Xbox since yesterday is that internet thingy. Also, Graphics are essential in games, good story board, bad graphics = bad game. Good Graphics, bad story board, = bad game. We play games because we like the effects of games, when we drive a car or shoot someone and blood splatter all over, or when you kick someone in the face, you don't want that to have pixels, sir ._.

Last edited by iAnzo on Sat May 25, 2013 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Graphics don't make the game, gameplay and story do. People flocked madly to Minecraft, and you can't tell me that game is beauty incarnate.

more_horiz
dota is the best example of how gameplay>graphics

u can have a text based game and still make it outsell cod. just gotta be lvl 10000 storyteller

more_horiz
I'm talking about what a real gamer prefers. Not someone who's there to waste time.

more_horiz
Anzo, your stupidity exceeds all possible limits)

Look at sc2, dota, lol... basicly any competative game. Graphics is shit there, compared to crysis etc. Gameplay, the most important thing in games since ages.

your "real" gamers sounds like prepuberty teens who hype cod and cant be bother to follow the story futher then "follow the arrow"

more_horiz
sorry i prefer a story and gameplay i can immerse myself in. it can be 8-bit for all i care

more_horiz
Dude, Imagine FIFA with bad graphics o.O

more_horiz
fifa does actually have relativly bad graphics Wink
and it would be fine if u were just controlling cubes named after players

more_horiz
PES has bad graphics, FIFA graphics is good. Okay, then another one, COD or BF with bad graphics? Dude, I'm talking about real games.

There is some gamer(s) who prefer playing with "names" only and he's satisfied, there is a gamer who seek good graphics AND a cool story board, a good story alone isn't fun, go read a frekish book instead.

Don't get this wrong nab, If you have a game with good graphics but bad story, you still won't have a good game, and if you have a good story but a bad graphics, you're not going to enjoy the game. You need good graphics and good story to have a good game.

more_horiz
Age of Empires II is still one of the best RTS games around, 14 years after its release. That says something.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply