Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionGladiator beasts + Royal Oppression EmptyGladiator beasts + Royal Oppression

more_horiz
I have a doubtabt the activation of Effs when GBs when Special SUmmoned

1) If GLADIATOR BEAST is SS and There is Royal Oppression on the field. Can does its eff apply. i mean in case of BESTIARI -- Can I still destroy a spell or trap

descriptionGladiator beasts + Royal Oppression EmptyRe: Gladiator beasts + Royal Oppression

more_horiz
I think no, because Royal Opression make u Pay 800 points to negate a special summon.
and here is the effect of Bestiari

When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Gladiator Beast" monster, destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked, you can return it to the Deck to Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck, except "Gladiator Beast Bestiari".

so bestiari wasnt even special summoned to make its effect
Its like solemn judgement

descriptionGladiator beasts + Royal Oppression EmptyRe: Gladiator beasts + Royal Oppression

more_horiz
Ya its like what Chazz said. For example if you summon jinzo and your opponent actiavted Solemn Jinzo's effect does not work since Solemn was activated at the same time.

more_horiz
ok thanks.
I guess its like Monarch + Solemn Judgment.

One more doubt. As Royal oppression destroys the monster summoned and the card whose eff summoned the monster do both my GBs go to the grave? The one that I sent to my deck and the one that i summoned

more_horiz
Sending the Gladiator Beast to the deck is a cost, So you cant chain to it, but after the cost has been made, you can Chain Royal Oppression to the monster that is being special summoned, then Royal Opression will neagte it. Since Oppression also negates the effect of the card that tried to special summon it, then the effect of the Gladiator Beast that was sent to the deck will be negated, but it wont be destroyed because it is now in the deck

https://www.upperdeckentertainment.com/COMMUNITY/forums/thread/1266110.aspx

Oh and on a side note, the reason that Solemn works on jinzo is not because they were played at the same time. ITs because Jinzo's effect to negate all traps is a Continuous effect which has a spell speed of 2. Solemn Judgment is a counter trap which has a spell speed of 3, it is therefore faster and can be chained to jinzo's summoning

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply