Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Forum Updates V2: Profile Fields + Achievements Update

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+11
FluffyTots
Bubbles
BlackWarGreymon
DefinitelyNotXrai
Zeox
Anzo
Juelz Anthony Cruz
BlackLeg-Sanji
Nuran
Naito Raizu
Amy Kool
15 posters

descriptionForum Updates V2: Profile Fields + Achievements Update EmptyForum Updates V2: Profile Fields + Achievements Update

more_horiz
Forum Updates V2: Profile Fields + Achievements Update

Hello members of the most pro academy in the world!

1st part of the forum updates were awesome as stated by many and now we are proud to bring you the 2nd wave of these updates.

You have seen some small catchy icons in some people's profiles, you have seen some weird code bursts, you have seen some profile fields being removed or hidden form the eyes of mortals. All this we will explain you now in details.

Profile Fields
Profile fields have gone to refreshment. With time, we created many profile fields, some were used, some have never seen the light, but when you are in a rush, you don't plan that you will screw up the look of profiles with so many fields. So, the first thing was removing unnecessary fields. We will not torture you with what those are, most of you have not even seen them lol, like Tournament Strikes or Lesson Certificates. No need for those. Also, one more thing got removed if you did not notice already and I think this will hurt you the most: the custom ranks are now gone from DA. We decided to take that step since those ranks were supposed to be expensive and only the ones who are long time here would get em, but it all ended wrong, many people happen to have it due to large amount of Dice Games where you can earn easy DP etc. We wanted clear look of your profile in posts and that rank was messing it all up. It is already too much that we got Pro Decklists rank under your avatar, so another one is not needed, especially because all ranks are different in style. Next update is warning bar. As we said, clear look, so warning bar had to go into normal profile fields, not like a custom rank lol. We decided that we don't need huge warning bars, so this small one fits our needs. The next thing is removing of some fields in your profile in posts, but leaving those in your real profile page. We have left only those relevant to the forum, like warnings, posts, reputation, DP, pro decklists etc. All that personal info like Age, Sex, Location etc, no need for it in posts. This is something we had to do due to your profiles being too large and pages loading slower.

Achievements
YAY! Finally, after so much waiting we got it to work. Many people actually liked the achievements in DN Forum so it was suggested to us that we try to make those ourselves for DA. After some thinking we said, screw it why not lol. With this we show you one more time that our free forum software is capable of these things too, although it is not one click to enable the plugin like in DNF (Paid IP Board forum software and they got extensions they can simply import lol), here we had to think between the lines to create it where you wouldn't feel the difference Wink

So, from now on you will be able to earn achievements! It simply works like this: you fulfil requirements for an achievement and if you want to get it, you post a topic as request in the section reserved for it.

You can take a look at these and get more info here: http://www.duelacademy.net/t29013-achievement-system-rules-information

This is it for now, stay tuned because we are not done yet. Next days we will be working on huge update for Shops generally, including DA Bank as well. We want to make that system better, it was not updated since long long time lol. Also we will be working on the few details like, decreasing the limit for signatures again, solving the issue for having no smileys in new topics or new reply pages Oh Shit, and Profile Songs.

Cool Dance

descriptionForum Updates V2: Profile Fields + Achievements Update EmptyRe: Forum Updates V2: Profile Fields + Achievements Update

more_horiz
Forum Updates V2: Profile Fields + Achievements Update 1854617810  Okay, you seem not to know how things work here. Let me explain. When I post an announcement like this, you say Amy we love you so much. Because you actually do, maybe you just didn't realize yet. So, get on it and bloody reply how good this is LOLOLOL

~Feudalism - Because it is the system where I'm the boss and ur the minions!Forum Updates V2: Profile Fields + Achievements Update 2508409715 

Sparta

descriptionForum Updates V2: Profile Fields + Achievements Update EmptyRe: Forum Updates V2: Profile Fields + Achievements Update

more_horiz
Don't like this update as much, but I guess what's done is done.

more_horiz
Love it

more_horiz
Nice updates Ammmie, but you should make the warning bar a bit bigger with the invisible area around it (Can't say it better). Cause then it wouldnt go into the Warning box border which looks ulgy. Or you could apply a code to make its height centered with the box. Would look alot neater I think. Smile

more_horiz
I really like it, you've done a great job. Forum Updates V2: Profile Fields + Achievements Update 2508409715

more_horiz
She doesn't love anyone, she ask you this question:
Forum Updates V2: Profile Fields + Achievements Update 945618_288713724606281_1417640156_n

and you better answer it correctly ._.

more_horiz
Naw, she won't even ask a question. She'll force your post into saying that you do (Remember that thread?)

Anyway, I do like the new profile fields. Good Job

more_horiz
It'll be a rhetorical question.

more_horiz
I'm liking the new update.  Looks more fresh.

more_horiz
Amy we love you so much

more_horiz
awww thanks people, that is sooo sweet from you <3

more_horiz
BlackWarGreymon wrote:
Amy we love you so much

more_horiz
There was an update regarding Dueling Arenas achievement, now it is not BA wins, it is league pts. Read the achievement rules n infos for more.

more_horiz
Glad you guys took my idea XD Amy I would love to help out with making achievements and such Razz

more_horiz
I don't love you Amy. But I do like changes. Only question is whether or not profile songs will make loading times on mobile suck.

more_horiz
Profile songs would be stupid lel. Anyways these Points instead of wins for Duel Arena update is cool though. Need to work harder for it, I mean just need to duel more.

more_horiz
Tokugawa Ieyasu wrote:
I don't love you Amy. But I do like changes. Only question is whether or not profile songs will make loading times on mobile suck.

Of course these songs would only be loaded in Profiles.

If you feel comfortable with it, I can code a way around that to check for the user agent to ensure that profile songs aren't loaded on mobiles.

more_horiz
And that day forumotion went nuts.

more_horiz
Oh, actually, I could implement something like that right now.

Good idea, let me do so.

more_horiz
Amy, someone stealing the lights...

more_horiz
Good job and all but fix my tourney medals at least.

more_horiz
I was gonna ask you how many medals you got lol? 4?

and yeah anzo, seems like irate's got it lol. I will wait to see if he has better idea for profile song code than mine, we will use the better one at the end :D

and um, it is easily controlled via main shop. we wouldn't give everyone the profile songs, no fun in that. You earn the money and you buy stuff like profile songs to decorate your profile lol. Also, we might sell background change as well, for profiles that is.

more_horiz
 I like the new achievements makes me actually want to do stuff lol

more_horiz
I'll be working with HTML5 API, Amy, because who the heck still uses a browser from before 2011? lol
Anyway, with JavaScript alone and no plug ins like Flash etc., that is all I can do. But I'm gonna do it like that.

more_horiz
I'm glad to hear that Whatup, that was the point of them :D

(I see 2 years from now.... our 15 achievements became 150.... profiles load slow, amy forced to do something agian :D)

Okay Irate, you do the profile songs then lol. I got decent amount of things I want to do today for DA and its gonna be hilarious Smile If you need a great idea how you can input songs (as a member to put your own song without using staff) contact me Razz

more_horiz
I planned to make the field editable for everyone.

I haven't planned to enable YouTube conversion (that'd be painful), so members simply have to input a string to a file (for example: http://k002.kiwi6.com/hotlink/88o88pc7ua/12_spellcraft_and_heathendom_re-recorded_version_alternate_take_versio.wma [that one is going to be mine]) and then I modify the profile field accordingly, but skip the process on mobile phones.

more_horiz
when you make the player, please use jquery to put on the right down side a song module with player, so that people can stop playing it and so on.

more_horiz
Gotcha. I planned to make some custom functions for that, but why do that when someone already created some modules for it?

more_horiz
Because then you can take credit for it

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply