Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Are You Ready??

+11
X-Destroyer
Anzo
Nuran
Kurono
BlackWarGreymon
ALu
Placido Le Pwnzor
Skitoritto
Amy Kool
bakura normal
Smokey
15 posters

pollWich do you prefer

Anzo Banner
38%
Bako/H3r0 Banner
62%
Total Votes:
Poll closed

descriptionAre You Ready?? EmptyAre You Ready??

more_horiz
alright so ppl been complaining about main banner.
Since everything is changing me and baku decided to do a collab(collaboration) for a new main banner.
i noticed after it was done our theme atm is orange, hopefully it can change to match the banner if decided to be put up :D. Enjoy and anzo pm me.

here it is
Are You Ready?? SphOcQr

descriptionAre You Ready?? EmptyRe: Are You Ready??

more_horiz
We did good bro ;o

more_horiz
lol it beast :D

I'm still deciding on the theme color.... This one is meh right now...

more_horiz
Blue theme ,because it relaxes eye muscles and gives you that "you are home" feel .

more_horiz
this banner is awesome, use it amy, the current gives me headache whenever i look at it e.e
also good job both of you and keep up the good work ;p

more_horiz
Placido wrote:
this banner is awesome, use it amy, the current gives me headache whenever i look at it e.e
also good job both of you and keep up the good work ;p

You orange flavored motherf*cker..

more_horiz
Please use it. This sucks :S

more_horiz
I like that one a lot better than the one we have now. :s

more_horiz
Sorry but the random skull on the current one just bought my vote. Promote randomness peeps! D:

more_horiz
who is the scull anyway lol?

more_horiz
updated the OP with the poll Lets hear your votes!!

more_horiz
GFX isn't my responsibility for the time being so suit yourselves and use whatever makes you folks comfortable. Despite if they wanna use it or not i'll point out the GFX and how can it be improved, if it's going to use it for DA you can't use it in it's current form

- Here we go
You use brushes over the render to add those nion-like stuff which doesn't give a good impression frankly, it's not smooth. Open the banner to fullscreen and take a decent look at every corner, every spot and every single detail, the thing is a total mess there. I realize it was a co-op between you and baku which is cool to see, however, each one of you wanted to add his own touch to the logo.. (no idea why i was refering to it as "banner") which made it full of effects, useless effects. With the current effects it's even hard to comprehend the background which i suppose are supposed to be buildings but with everything used all i see is white boxes. Now look at the C4D used there, the right side of the signature has a swift-look C4Ds used, while the left side has a circle-look C4D while not a single part of the render is matching with it which is creating an odd atmosphere. I have no clue what are those red and blue dots which are everywhere no matter where I'm looking, but i spent a decent 5 minutes trying to catch the flow, but i couldn't, perhaps because there is non.
I don't know if you have noticed that but the logo itself has that grey-ish-washed-out-look as there is no clear shadows nor clear lights. I can't sense the depth of the render, it feels like if everything was used on one single layer. For us, Artistis, we know that when someone learns how to make a logo or a signature he do 3 steps: Make 3 different layers; add BG to layer 1; add render to layer 3; add C4Ds to layer 2, then after that we goes in and put few adjustment layers and filters here and there. However, at the advanced level the two of you should be at by now, you should be aware that using the simple steps to make a logo for DA isn't quite enough to satisfy people who have a decent taste of GFX. Maybe some people who hasn't seen something better than that logo will like it, but this is Duel Academy, It's not DAD, it's not WTA, and it's no one of those academies who can be satisfied with such level of graphics.
Text and font aren't bad; however, the number of times I've seen a similar combinations of main text and secondary text is over nine thousands, It's not new, It's not unique.

Again, don't take my critics to the heart, I'm only tending to be nice here and point out the mistakes of your logo before we use it and others who will come in the future point it our for you. It can be improved so get your asses on that PS, you and Baku, and come out with something professional, something good doesn't cut it.

I'll say this again, since I wasn't trolling - prolly the only post where i'm not trolling nor interested in trolling - I won't be around in DA much which is why i took a break from my duties and entrusted the admins to make the correct decision regarding skin and graphics and i have no intention of interfering with their decisions as they're welcomed to do as they wish with DA, so this critics isn't an attempt to keep the current skin or logo, cause i have no such interest, not for the time being that is.

more_horiz
I do not recognize the monster used in your banner. I think the orange banner has E-HERO The Shining.

more_horiz
too bad there isn't an option for neither

more_horiz
Wow nice job breaking it down to them. Trully spoken right there.

more_horiz
Good Job Hero.

more_horiz
Nice banner for a change, however we will use something completely different this time.

more_horiz
AngelicMinaj wrote:

how does anzo's ass taste?

ass kisser

more_horiz
Stackz wrote:
AngelicMinaj wrote:

how does anzo's ass taste?

ass kisser

why dont you ask Irate

more_horiz
Okay I change my vote -_- since I thought the current one was Bako's, so 16/8

more_horiz
DA is using neither lmao

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum