Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionSpell Counter/Spellcaster Deck EmptySpell Counter/Spellcaster Deck

more_horiz
This is a Spellcaster/Spell Counter Deck I just built on DN. I have not run one of these in awhile, so please offer suggestions/edits for this deck. This deck is meant to play like a typical Spell counter deck, but I'm trying to make it run Fusions; Synchros; and XYZ Monsters for great versatilty, and because I've been dying to build a good deck which runs all 3. So ONLY if possible without losing some of my best strategies (ie: Rank-Up), help me trim it to about 45 cards. Also I would like to know just how well built it is as far as Spell Counter Deck goes.

Spell Counter/Spellcaster Deck Kzv17IE

Oh, and I WILL NOT take out Dark Magician Girl, so don't even suggest it. It's a tradition of mine to put it every deck I can as it's my favorite card, so it won't feel right without it.

descriptionSpell Counter/Spellcaster Deck EmptyRe: Spell Counter/Spellcaster Deck

more_horiz
Hi, this is my first post, but I have played spellcaster spellcounter decks for years and I have a build that works well for me. While I won't ask you to copy mine, I still have some suggestions.

If you want to build an effective deck that runs both spell counters and synchro, fusion, and xyz prepare to build your deck around the summoning of their materials. Now I see that you have some cards in like disenchanter, dark red enchanter, and endymion the master magician. these cards are good, but you don't necessarily need them. if you focus on summoning for your special summons, then I recommend taking them out. the deck I run has no tribute monsters, but is still able to kick some butt at the local card shop.

What I would recommend instead is to put in two more magical exemplars, and at least one more magician's circle. you can try out crashbug road for extra summoning, and I used to run medallion of the icebarrier to fetch geomancer exclusively, which works, but magicians circle is fine by itself (these last two are not in the current deck though, just giving you more options.) . keep in the two summoner monks. This way you will have the resources you need to summon cards like arcanite magician, tempest magician, stardust, and utopia. Your deck should focus on getting your extra deck creatures out.

speaking of that, lets look at your tuners. when I looked at your selection I noticed that you didn't run flamevell magician. he is a four star spellcaster tuner that can help bring out arcanite magician and stardust dragon with the help of a three or four star monster respectively. Another good tuner is geomancer of the ice barrier, a three star spellcaster tuner. this makes getting arcanite very easy, as you only need a four star monster! if you run flamevell magician, I would also recommend running peten the dark clown to synchro for arcanite. these options help you so you don't have to use a tribute monster with something lower, effectively speeding up the process and trimming waste of resources. peten also thins your deck down, which is something you should always look to do.

next, I noticed that you are running a spellcaster toolbox with apprentice magician, crystal seer, and the rest of your two stars. you could make your deck stronger by instead replacing them with other monsters. you only need about 17-20 monsters in the deck and I would recommend something like this:

3 magical exemplars
2 summoner monks
2-3 breakers
2-3 defenders
3 peten the dark clowns
1-2 crusader of endymion (optional, I don't run them)
1 magical library ( depends on how many defenders you want)

tuners
what you need to summon assault mode and:
2 flamevell magicians
2 geomancer of the ice barrier
2 two stars ( I prefer frequency, but night's end frustrates graveyard strategy)
1 effect veiler

if you run this build also run solidarity x3 as long as there are only spellcasters in the grave, all spellcasters you control gain 800 atk

next, I noticed that you run citadel, but I suggest running a strategy based on lockdowns. this means secret village of the spellcasters( prevents them from using spells while you have a spell caster and they don't) secret village also doesn't need field barrier because they cant play spells. secret sanctuary of the spellcasters( prevents opponent from attacking or using effects of monsters just summoned) and either tyrant's temper( tribute a monster, your monsters are immune to traps) or royal decree (no one can use traps) I prefer tyrant's temper, that way you can still use 2 mirror forces and magicians circle, etc. run all of these in threes but if you find that youre getting doubles of sanctuary, run 2 of that.

you should also run two more of spell power grasp, as they search for themselves, and if you want to thin your deck fast and get more counters, (I haven't, but am going to try this) run three toon table of contents and toon world. (toon table searches for anything with toon in its name. toon table searches for toon table and the last one gets toon world.)

I have to go, but will get back later with more advice. hope this helps!
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply