Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

The Bank of Duel Academy!

+13
Eheroduelist
Shamrock
FluffyTots
Whatup Nab
Naito Raizu
Lockon
Linda-Senpai
Jue Viole Grace
Kairi
DefinitelyNotXrai
BlackWarGreymon
Typical Jew™
Anzo
17 posters

descriptionThe Bank of Duel Academy! EmptyThe Bank of Duel Academy!

more_horiz
The Bank of Duel Academy! L07YVDc

Hello there, dear members of Duel Academy!
Today, we want to introduce yet another new feature to Duel Academy which could make Duel Points more organized and more useful than ever before - if you support it, that is for sure.

As many of you know, especially those who been around for quite some time, Duel Points have so far been solely useful in DA Shops, when ordering a Signature, Userbar or a Deck; you need to spend Duel Points in order to get either of those here. Another purpose of Duel Points is to get some special features added to your profile - such as a special mini-rank beneath your personal avatar or a name change - which can be done so by purchasing those items in their appropriate shops, especially our Main Shop.

Duel Points are an essential key feature of Duel Academy, it's our own virtual currency, we use it to get what we want, to buy what we want, and they're extremely easy to get if you are willing to do what needs to be done, such as dueling for Duel Arena, Shadow Arena, or winning a tournament.

Today, we present to you our new feature of Duel Academy: The Bank.
Yes, now Duel Academy has its own Bank. "What's the bank for?", you may ask. Simple, the bank will control the flow of Duel Points, including the prices of goods in all of DA shops - yes, even Graphic and Deck Shops. Means shop owners will no longer decide the price of their decks or signatures, the bank is simply doing that for them.

The purpose behind DA's Bank is creating some sort of an organized Duel Points flow in Duel Academy where everyone gets to buy what he or she is planning to buy from any shop with the same price. Some shop owners abuse the fact that they're good at something so they put high price for their goods which could cause some sort of unfairness toward the customer, people always wants a good stuff, however some are just too expensive. You see someone doing signature request for a total of 400 Duel Points, while the other is doing it for 200 Duel Point, that's not all too fair if both artists have a similar style, at least not from our perspective. Same goes for Deck Shops, some simply sell decks for an extremely high price which could either make his shop inactive or have unbalanced or reasonable amount of Duel Points, while many others lack it.

DA's Bank will make this more organized, it'll decide the appropriate price for everything in DA Shops from this point on. We will also follow the law of supply and demand, introducing the most simple principle in marketing: if many members request a good, the good will get more expensive over time. Means if today the deck price is 200 Duel Point, tomorrow it could be 300 Duel Point, two days later it could shift back to 150 Duel Points, decided at the Bank Administration's whim (while following - even if strongly simplified - the laws of supply and demand). We'll make sure to announce it when such a call is taken, though.

Another feature comes along DA's Bank: Members may host their own events. By events I don't mean tournaments, I mean events. There is a slight difference between Events and Tournaments. In tournaments, for example, people only duel following some List of Forbidden and Limited cards and deck restrictions while there is only one winner. However, in events, there could be a bit more, such as role-play, quests, tasks, or some story to create an atmosphere while playing for the event. Doing so will cost some Duel Points to buy the rights to host your own events, once the appropriate amount of Duel Points are paid you'll be allowed to host your event while keeping in mind the bank won't interfere with your events. Consequences are that making an active event is your job, we don't care if it died, frankly said. We will only provide the necessary administrative needs to set up permissions, nothing else.

You think that's all? Well, you're mistaken. And another thing comes along DA's Bank: joining Tournaments is no longer free of toll anymore.
What does that mean, you ask? You see, we've seen a lot of people joining tournaments then leave and decide to become inactive just because they think they can do that, well, we got bored of that after 5 years of the same treatment. From now on, joining a tournament will require you to pay a small amount of Duel Points in order to do so, also going inactive in a tournament will cause 20% of your Duel Points to be taken, and one Tournament Strike to be added to your record. Oh, yeah, what are Tournament Strikes?
Each and every member of Duel Academy will have a maximum total of 7 strikes on his DA profile, each time he goes inactive in a tournament without a VERY good reason, one strike will be added to an initial amount of 0 Strikes on his profile, once you reach 7 Tournament Strikes you'll be prohibited from joining Tournaments in Duel Academy for an indefinite amount of time.

descriptionThe Bank of Duel Academy! EmptyRe: The Bank of Duel Academy!

more_horiz
as a jew, i claim this place as mine

more_horiz
A big Lol to Fap's post xD

more_horiz
Big LoL at the both of you.

more_horiz
This is probably the smartest thing I've seen Anzo post. Who decided it?
Also, didn't the events were hostable anyways? It was in the main shop for 3000 DP.

more_horiz
Mainly it's my idea, approved by admins and the rest of the staff members.

more_horiz
XraishionX wrote:
This is probably the ONLY smart thing I've seen Anzo post. Who decided it?
Also, WEREN'T the events were hostable anyways? It was in the main shop for 3000 DP.

I fixed it up for you.

more_horiz
I used my awesome grammar fixing skills to rewrite that text-o'-wall.

more_horiz
One day i shall obtain it The Bank of Duel Academy! 1854617810

more_horiz
iAnzo wrote:
One day i shall obtain it The Bank of Duel Academy! 1854617810

Judging from this, not quite so sure.

more_horiz
Judging what?

more_horiz
I don't like it.

more_horiz
We don't care.

more_horiz
As this isn't a real economy, money basically grows on trees, there's no living expenses, and a store can't really go bankrupt,(Basically, every economic principle BUT supply and demand is a non-issue.) I can see how some sort of price fixing would be necesary, otherwise inflation would just go completely out of control. So, for once, price fixing actually works. Now if only real life economics were that simple.

more_horiz
Lockon wrote:
As this isn't a real economy, money basically grows on trees, there's no living expenses, and a store can't really go bankrupt,(Basically, every economic principle BUT supply and demand is a non-issue.) I can see how some sort of price fixing would be necesary, otherwise inflation would just go completely out of control. So, for once, price fixing actually works. Now if only real life economics were that simple.

Sadly, nowadays money isn't just an integer on a virtual database, it is still printed. Who knows what will come in a few years...
But, if so, this system should totally be implemented Wink

more_horiz
iAnzo wrote:
We don't care.

And I don't care that you don't care The Bank of Duel Academy! 3147896512

more_horiz
Harmonia wrote:
iAnzo wrote:
We don't care.

And I don't care that you don't care The Bank of Duel Academy! 3147896512

You're still not in charge of this place, sorry.

more_horiz
What he meant to say is: we don't care whether you care or not. The Bank of Duel Academy! 1151057309

more_horiz
And thus the spam war begins...

more_horiz
In DA, spammed topic reflects on it's importance. More spam there is, more important the topic becomes. Nevertheless, the topic wasn't created to take ideas or accept suggestions, the topic was made to inform members and the staff members as well that DA is now using a new feature they should be aware of, their liking to the notion doesn't matter on the decision of which the administration of DA has taken regarding this issue.

Now, someone note my grammar mistakes ._.

more_horiz
Well your post has 3 words that are spelled right. That is a huge improvement ;D

more_horiz
Irate wrote:
Lockon wrote:

Sadly, nowadays money isn't just an integer on a virtual database, it is still printed. Who knows what will come in a few years...

For that this to work in real life, people would have to have no need for necessissities, like food or water, things they HAVE to buy or produce themselves. This kind of system depends on EVERYTHING being luxuries, where neither the buyer or the seller actually NEEDS to make exchanges, the buyer because the object in question is necessecarry for life, and the seller because he has to make a profit in order to buy necessessities he does NOT produce. Both sides have to come to an agreement, or else both will starve or dehydrate, so they are willing to bargain.
Also, it wouldn't work because real world wealth is harder to amass, as here, you get money for just going about your daily life, while in the real world, you have to provide a good or service for people to pay you. Of course, this is assuming you didn't inherit it all, but even then, SOMEONE had to work to amass that wealth. No such thing as a free lucnh, don't you know?

Although, I'd probably of suggested something more aking to a price range(With a ceiling and floor, to give some flexibility and freedom), rather than one fixed price, but if it's managed well, I'll live.

more_horiz
Lockon wrote:
Irate wrote:
Lockon wrote:

For that this to work in real life, people would have to have no need for necessissities, like food or water, things they HAVE to buy or produce themselves. This kind of system depends on EVERYTHING being luxuries, where neither the buyer or the seller actually NEEDS to make exchanges, the buyer because the object in question is necessecarry for life, and the seller because he has to make a profit in order to buy necessessities he does NOT produce. Both sides have to come to an agreement, or else both will starve or dehydrate, so they are willing to bargain.
Also, it wouldn't work because real world wealth is harder to amass, as here, you get money for just going about your daily life, while in the real world, you have to provide a good or service for people to pay you. Of course, this is assuming you didn't inherit it all, but even then, SOMEONE had to work to amass that wealth. No such thing as a free lucnh, don't you know?

Although, I'd probably of suggested something more aking to a price range(With a ceiling and floor, to give some flexibility and freedom), rather than one fixed price, but if it's managed well, I'll live.

You should read "Across the Wire: Life and Hard Times on the Mexican Border." You'll feel lucky as hell.

Anyways, being back on topic, these set prices are very similar to the guild system. Guild Members make products, the guilds set prices, and we sell. Ta Dah! We now have an economic system!

more_horiz
F*ck the government Adam Smith all the way!

more_horiz
@XraishionX: Economical systems can be abused by those who have powers and therefor create their own set of rules, while having "rules are made to be broken" as their motto. DA doesn't have an economical system since unlike the real world money here controlled by few people who can increase it and decrease it without having to do any paper work or waiting for someone's approval. It's not democracy, it's not economy, it's simply DA's Bank.

@Whatup Nab: Beat it.

more_horiz
Anzo, your grammar still sucks. ._.

more_horiz
When this fails I will laugh

more_horiz
Ironically, you guys are making me raise my shop prices Neutral

more_horiz
It depends on shops activity.

more_horiz
I approve of this ank.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum