Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionGemini Summon Ruling Question EmptyGemini Summon Ruling Question

more_horiz
As I have recently built a Gemini Deck, and know someone who specializes in one; I have a question about Gemini Summoning that I can not find an answer to anywhere. And here it is: All Gemini Monsters read the following:
"This card is treated as a Normal Monster while it is face-up on the field, or in the Graveyard. While this card is face-up on the field, you can Normal Summon it to treat it as an Effect Monster with this effect:"
Then the effect of said monster follows. I know that for LV 5 or higher Gemini Monsters that you don't have to release monsters again to Gemini Summon one (such as Phoenix Gearfried) already on the field.

The question I have to ask regards Lv 4 and Lower Gemini Monsters.

If you control a Dark Valkyria on your field, and you have another one in your hand; (and you are able to summon a monster) will summoning the Dark Valkyria in your hand be the same as preforming a Gemini Summon?

I ask this question due to the fact that it says on Gemini Monsters: "While this card is face-up on the field, you can Normal Summon it to treat it as an Effect Monster with this effec:". Does that mean that by summoning the exact same monster from your hand as a Normal Summon cause BOTH to gain their effects, as one is already face-up on the field (and an additional copy was just summoned from your hand)?

descriptionGemini Summon Ruling Question EmptyRe: Gemini Summon Ruling Question

more_horiz
No, you cannot.

Although you theoretically summon the same card again, it is a "shallow re-summon", means that even if you do summon a second copy of the card, you did not summon the physically same monster again, which would result in both monsters being still treated as nornal monsters.

Hope this sounds reasonable to you.

more_horiz
It does. Thank you very much, I've been having trouble finding out about that particular ruling. It was my friend who uses a Gemini Deck that brought it up, so thanks for setting things straight.

more_horiz
You're welcome.

Any other questions?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply