Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionDeck on Dueling Network EmptyDeck on Dueling Network

more_horiz
The Deck in this image is for the Traditional Format; of course I'll take that one banned card and Dedication through Light Darkness out for when I'm playing in the Advanced Format. But I need to take at least one Spell or Trap Card right now to balance it out since I have two more Spell/Trap Cards than Monster Cards right now.

Anyways, here: Deck on Dueling Network 3kTBQmt

descriptionDeck on Dueling Network EmptyRe: Deck on Dueling Network

more_horiz
So....you are telling me, a deck that amounts of Monsters equal to the amount of Spells, Traps is good?

Less cards.

more_horiz
In order to build a proper deck you need to have an idea for it. Think what do want to achieve with your deck before building it, don't just combine random popular anime cards in 1 deck.
Also build your deck based on a certain archtype, again - not popular anime cards.

As for Traditional Format, you should pick a more "broken" deck than this. That or just play with an old banlist/format: Goat control, Tele-DAD and etc.

more_horiz
What L said.

more_horiz
Summoning Dark Magician and keeping him there unless I want to Tribute him; negating card effects (including monster effects) that keep my opponent's monsters from being destroyed or from negating effects that don't let me summon monsters or keep them there for long. One possible winning condition is burning their Life Points with Dark Eradicator Warlock's effect, but that can be hard if I can't even summon Dark Magician in the first place.

I want it to be a Dark Magician Deck that can kick ass while having some good Spellcaster Synchro and Xyz Monsters in it. I'm okay with Dark Magician of Chaos being the only Forbidden card.

Help me trim it down though, it could be helpful.

I did some updates on it, so I'll repost it:

Deck on Dueling Network TOqSmOI

more_horiz
If you like, I can give you my Dark Spellbook for free.

more_horiz
What's that?

more_horiz
Ok i'll give you a exoskeleton on a good Dark Magician Deck should have. Read carefully cuz I bet some of the card choices you will start asking questions like "Why do you run that card in a Dark Magician deck?" Just read kk pls.

x3 Dark Magician (Mandatory)
x3 E-HERO Prisma (Mandatory)
x1 E-HERO Stratos (Mandatory)
x3 Goblindbergh (Mandatory)
2-3x Breaker the Magical Warrior (Mandatory)
x2 Summoner Monk (Mandatory)
x1 Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning (Mandatory)
Maybe some Gagaga cards (optional)
No tuners

x1 Reinforcement of the Army (Mandatory)
x1 Ancient Rules
x2 E - Emergency Call (Mandatory)
1-2x Miracle Fusion
x1 Monster Reborn (Mandatory)
x1 Dark Hole (Mandatory)
x1 Heavy Storm (Mandatory)
2-3x Mystical Space Typhoon (Mandatory)
1x Allure of Darkness (Mandatory)
1x Pot of Avarice

2x Magician's Circle (If you are using the Gagaga cards)
2x Call of the Haunted
1x Solemn Judgment (Mandatory)
1x Solemn Warning (Mandatory)
2x Dimensional Prison (Mandatory)
2x Compulsory Evacuation Device (Mandatory)

2-3x Daigusto Emeral (Mandatory)
1x Dark Paladin (Mandatory)
1x Number 50: Blackship of Corn (Mandatory)
1x Number 11: Big Eye (Mandatory)
1x Number 39: Utopia
1x Heroic Challenger - Excalibur
1x Lavalval Chain
1x Blade Armor Ninja
1 of every omni hero except Absolute Zero
If you have space in the Extra Deck (which I doubt) put in more XYZ Monsters! :D

Well here you go. The combo is you try to search Prisma fast as possible so you can use his eff to dumb Dark Magician to the grave. Goblindberg is there for faster xyz summon. So the first Xyz monster you go for is Daigusto Emeral so you can use his eff to bring back Dark Magician from the grave. BOOM! A faster way to bring out Dark magician with less effort.

more_horiz
I'd prefer not having cards like Solemn Judgment that reduce my own Life Points. Sure, the effect is good, but the cost is too high. I'd do it if I had something like Solemn Wishes which I could use to increase my Life Points.

And I'd prefer it I keep the Dark Magician Girl in there to combo with Sage's Stone. Magician of Black Chaos and Sorcerer of Dark Magic for the beatstick purpose and (the latter) for anti-Trap control. And the Deck already has three Dark Magicians, Buster Blader, and Dark Paladin.

I put in Effect Veiler so I could use her effect to negate effects, but if you could suggest a better option that isn't a Tuner or an Xyz monster, I'd be willing to take her out.

As for Xyx monsters--please suggest some good Warrior and Spellcaster Types that I can put in that would be good in the Deck.

If it's okay, I want to keep the Card Count at 47 with Dark Magician of Chaos and Dedication through Light and Darkness added. I'll take the Tuners out if you can suggest good replacements for Effect Velier; also, let me just ask: is it a bad thing for a Dark Magician Deck to have Synchro Monsters? I want to at least have Arcanite Magician, as I also want to be a Spellcaster Deck, with a few Warrior touches.

I wonder if it'd be good to keep one Magician of Black Chaos and one
Black Magic Ritual and replace other set with the second Mystical Space
Typhoon and Magic Formula (since I want to keep that in to power Dark
Magician or Dark Magician Girl up). I'm thinking of adding in another Magic Formula for the DMG, but I probably won't do it.

I'm going to be buying the Prophecy Destroyer Tin and the Return of the Duelist Booster Box as well, since I'm thinking of merging a Spellbook/Prophecy Deck with a Dark Magician Deck. With some good Synchros and Xyz.

Deck on Dueling Network 9HMpJmF

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply