Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionMind control and sync summoning EmptyMind control and sync summoning

more_horiz
I was previously in a duel where I used mind control, on an opponents monster, and used a tuner of mine for a sync summon, I would like to make sure I am still right that, When you sync summon it is not any in way tribute summoning or the cards are being tributed. going to the rule book

descriptionMind control and sync summoning EmptyRe: Mind control and sync summoning

more_horiz
you are correct sir

descriptionMind control and sync summoning EmptyRe: Mind control and sync summoning

more_horiz
Synchro Summoning is the procedure of, now watch the difference in wording as opposed to "tribute", sending one or more Tuner monster(s) and any (or, in certain cases, a specified amount of) amount of Non-Tuner monsters (the exception proves the rule - there is only one Synchro Monster which does not need Non-Tuners as Synchro Material, which is XX-Saber Gottoms) to the graveyard.
If I used to many relative clauses, here in shorter form.

Synchro Summoning is the procedure of sending one or more Tuner monster(s) and any amount of Non-Tuner monsters to the graveyard.

Conclusion: Synchro Summoning does not tribute the monsters - it sends them to the graveyard.
Tributing may be defined as the act of sending monsters to the graveyard in order to perform an action (a Tribute Summon or activation costs for effects like Exiled Force), but sending a monster to the graveyard is not considered tributing them; for example, Mystic Piper includes an effect which tributes itself, means you couldn't activate the effect if you took control of it with Mind Control, conversely, a card such as Rescue Rabbit (albeit it being banned) could have activated its effect - which is one reason why Mind Control is now limited.
There are multiple opposing scenarios similar to this, like drawing and adding a card from the deck to the hand, which I won't elaborate here.

Hope I was able to help.

more_horiz
To cut it off: Sync isn't tribute-ing a monster, you're good.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply