Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptioninferno reckless summen Emptyinferno reckless summen

more_horiz
can you activate inferno reckless summen when you summen harpie lady 1 and there is a phace up monster on you oponent side of the field

harpie lady 1 hase 1300 atk but its eff gives it 300 more so it is 1600 so when you play inferno reckless summen does the atk hase to be 1500 with or without eff from field spels and eff from monsters

descriptioninferno reckless summen EmptyRe: inferno reckless summen

more_horiz
Here's what netrep says :
If an effect is chained that increases the ATK of your Special Summoned
monster above 1500 ATK, your monsters are still Special Summoned.

more_horiz
however, EJ, that is slightly wrong for a ruling on this situation. Harpie Lady 1's effect does not chain. It is a continuous effect. What that ruling refers to is cards like Rush Recklessly being chained to Inferno Reckless Summon itself. In the case of Harpie Lady 1 as soon as she is on the field her ATK is 1600. This happens before you can activate IRS, because it is a continuous effect. Therefore, you cannot use IRS on her because her ATK is too high.

more_horiz
Oh i see...but i thought IRS effect can take place before Harpie lady's effect since it's quick play...

more_horiz
Harpie Lady's eff is CONTINUOUS. It never activates. It is working as soon as the card is face up on the field. It doesn't start a chain. IRS cannot be used for her.

more_horiz
Ok then..sorry my bad
Question Answered.Thread Closed

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply