Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionXYZ and Pot of Avarice EmptyXYZ and Pot of Avarice

more_horiz
Let's say I have exactly 5 monsters in my Graveyard one of which is an XYZ Monster. If I play Pot of Avarvice does my XYZ Monster go to my Extra Deck? Am I even aloud to play Pot of Avarice in this situation?

On a semi-related topic, if I had an XYZ Monster on the field and it was destroyed with two material monsters attached to it, if I were to use Monster Reborn on said XYZ Monster would my material monsters return?

Pot of Avarice
Select 5 Monster Cards in your Graveyard. Shuffle those cards into the Deck, then draw 2 cards.

descriptionXYZ and Pot of Avarice EmptyRe: XYZ and Pot of Avarice

more_horiz
Yes, all Synchro/Xyz/Fusion Monsters will indeed return to the Extra Deck, but you will still shuffle your deck and draw 2 cards.

If you use Monster Reborn, the Xyz Materials attached to the monster when it was on the field will NOT re-attach them to the summoned Xyz Monster, which is why there is no actual point in reborning Number 17: Leviathan Dragon or Number 30: Acid Golem of Destruction (unless you have some combos in mind, of course).

more_horiz
<sidenote>
If returning 5 monsters from your Graveyard to your Deck was a cost (showing by a semi-colon (";")), then you could not have picked an Extra Deck Monster to be returned.

For example:
Genex Ally Birdman
"You can return 1 face-up monster you control to the hand to Special Summon this card from your hand..."

Returning 1 face-up Monster to the hand is a cost (showed with the word "to" instead of a semi-colon due to it being an older card).
This means that you cannot return an Extra Deck monster to the Extra Deck in order to activate this Monster's effect.
</sidenote>

I love making things more complicated (~-.-)~

more_horiz
1) When you activate POA you target 5 monsters. During resolution you return the selected 5 cards into your deck/extra deck, if all the cards were returned into your extra deck you only draw 2, without the need to shuffle your main deck.

2)No, unless the monster has an effect that says otherwise: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Number_47:_Nightmare_Shark

more_horiz
L.Lawliet wrote:
1) When you activate POA you target 5 monsters. During resolution you return the selected 5 cards into your deck/extra deck, if all the cards were returned into your extra deck you only draw 2, without the need to shuffle your main deck.

I have to disagree with the last part actually.

In OCG you would shuffle the deck, this is because of the way Avarice is worded in the OCG and the OCG ruling that supports it. And usually if there isn't a TCG ruling on it you go with the OCG ruling.

Proof: http://www.pojo.biz/board/showpost.php?p=19991479&postcount=9

more_horiz
Yoshiya Joshua Kiryu wrote:
And usually if there isn't a TCG ruling on it you go with the OCG ruling.

Usually this is true.
However, there was a discussion about a month ago on DNF about this exact ruling on shuffeling the Extra Deck or not when using PoA to re-cycle Extra Deck Monsters only.

DuelingNetworkForum Topic

They concluded that in the OCG, you still shuffle.
In the TCG you do not.

more_horiz
! Gianus wrote:

Usually this is true.
However, there was a discussion about a month ago on DNF about this exact ruling on shuffeling the Extra Deck or not when using PoA to re-cycle Extra Deck Monsters only.

In the TCG you do not.

OCG sux in general.

If you find a way to shuffle your extra deck, do it. Then continue with resolving Pot of Avarice effect and draw 2 cards from your main deck.

more_horiz
! Gianus wrote:

Usually this is true.

In the TCG you do not.

That's just stupid and makes no sense to me.

If there isn't a TCG ruling on it your suppose to go with the OCG ruling... If there is a OCG ruling, which in this case there is. -.-

Figures DN community would think differently. ._.

more_horiz
That's just stupid and makes no sense to me.

If there isn't a TCG ruling on it your suppose to go with the OCG ruling... If there is a OCG ruling, which in this case there is. -.-

Figures DN community would think differently. ._.

You cannot simply shuffle the deck if you have not interfeared with it.
The OCG text of Avarice allows you to do just that while the TCG text does not.

Yes, following the OCG ruling on most things is the best you can do in most occasions but in this one it actually is not.

more_horiz
! Gianus wrote:

XYZ and Pot of Avarice CardShuffleDR1-EN-C-UE

But yes. Unless you have a card that says "so", or like Gianus said - "interfeared with it", you cannot shuffle your "main" deck.

Also I'd like to add this:

A player shuffles the deck without the allowance of any effect to do. The order of the deck is still randomized, so the player receives a warning and continues the duel. NOTE: Continuously shuffling one's deck without any reason is considered Spam/Cheating and should be punished accordingly.

more_horiz
L.Lawliet wrote:
! Gianus wrote:

XYZ and Pot of Avarice CardShuffleDR1-EN-C-UE

But yes. Unless you have a card that says "so", or like Gianus said - "interfeared with it", you cannot shuffle your "main" deck.]

You also know I meant shuffling inherently.

more_horiz
Well... To be honest, I saw from the DNF link that Reaper posted the same card, so I thought it would be fun Rolling Eyes given that the guy he quoted said almost the same thing as you did.

more_horiz
Let's not get off topic. Answered, so locked.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply