Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Large avatars are getting removed

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+9
Liyana
Nuran
bakura normal
Anzo
Spitfire
Phoenix King
Linda-Senpai
FluffyTots
Amy Kool
13 posters

descriptionLarge avatars are getting removed EmptyLarge avatars are getting removed

more_horiz
Large avatars are getting removed 33910322

As many of you know, we have set the limit for our Avatar size at: 190x290 pixels. However, forumotion does not limit the size when you link to an off-site avatar, meaning when you don't directly upload from your PC but link it from some other source. Then you can upload avatars any dimensions you want. Then we have set the resize code to automatically resize all avatars larger than the set maximum.

Even if that sounds great, and some of you enjoyed that feature, the code resizing it for you so that you don't have to download pic and edit its size, it wasn't that great at all. The picture appeared resized yeah, did not exceed the borders in post profiles, but the original image is always loaded. This means when you open up a topic with for example 10 replies in it, 10 people have avatars and many times few of those are large pictures. Add to that large signatures too, and you need quite a time to load the page.

Because of that I made a new code. This code checks the avatars in posts and removes all avatars that have larger size than expected. Large avatars are getting removed 3147896512

But, I am Amy Cool and this is not the end. The code will troll you back the same way you make others suffer from loading your avatars.

If you are the one having large avatar, the code will bust you, warn you and redirect you immediately to the avatar changing page so that you can change it fast. If you refuse to do it lol, whenever you open up a topic which has your post, you will be redirected to change it. If you can handle that, go on, see how much you can endure Large avatars are getting removed 4144076462

ISN'T THIS CODE AWESOME!!!! Large avatars are getting removed 2800511367

You all can try it out, by setting a large avatar and opening one of your posts lol. Tell me if you experience some bugs.

Last edited by Amy Cool on Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionLarge avatars are getting removed EmptyRe: Large avatars are getting removed

more_horiz
I will just stick with my avatar e.e

descriptionLarge avatars are getting removed EmptyRe: Large avatars are getting removed

more_horiz
Interesting code.

more_horiz
Amy, make it 180 300 instead, its better that way

more_horiz
u.u thnax amy you killled m avatar

more_horiz
Lame code. Funny, it was my suggestion, never thought she would actually do it. -.-' Now i have to deal with it xD

more_horiz
uh huh...

more_horiz
Sad now i cant have lag people who go on my profile Large avatars are getting removed 1151057309

more_horiz
This code is so 'rage quit' one lol.

more_horiz
I don't see how it's a problem? Just make your avatars the limit size. Simple as that .-.

more_horiz
Large avatars are getting removed 3353287032

Amy vs Large Avi trolls = Flawless victory.

more_horiz
My avi is magically not rendered now and looks stupid .-.

more_horiz
Anything on DA is subject to Amy's wrath. It's why I have monthly sacrifices for Amy.

more_horiz
so thats what was happening.......-.-

more_horiz
I don't change my avatar often so :p I is unaffected nabs.

more_horiz
I love you so much for this Amy. Epic post from an epic admin.

more_horiz
Oh great, more coding e.e

more_horiz
I don't get it

more_horiz
Me neither.

more_horiz
after i posted that, i got it lol

great work amy.

more_horiz
Lol, you guys can just resize the image you want xD or get someone to do it.

more_horiz
@.@ i want that grimmjaw avatar you have....

more_horiz
amy your an avatar killer!!!!!!!!!!!
xD Large avatars are getting removed 4144076462

more_horiz
haha this is cute

tbh DA becoming a jail by the minute.

more_horiz
This is just the start lol. Next thing I could bust are heavy Gif images in signatures Smile

more_horiz
Amy Cool wrote:
This is just the start lol. Next thing I could bust are heavy Gif images in signatures Smile

do it pleaseeee ;o hate them lame gif except staxx

more_horiz
H3R0_ELITE wrote:
Amy Cool wrote:

do it pleaseeee ;o hate them lame gif except staxx

you just jelly of my swaggy .gif :L

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply