Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Video game character battles #1 Master Chief/John-117 vs Xigbar

power_settings_newLogin to reply
5 posters

pollMaster Chief/John-117 vs Xigbar

Master Chief/John-117
36%
Xigbar
55%
Tie
9%
Total Votes:
Poll closed

descriptionVideo game character battles #1 Master Chief/John-117 vs Xigbar EmptyVideo game character battles #1 Master Chief/John-117 vs Xigbar

more_horiz
So I'm starting a poll series of video game character battles where you people decide which video game characters will win in a fight. each poll will last 5 days till being closed.

So today's poll and the first poll for this series we have Master Chief/John-117 vs Xigbar.

here is some info on both of them;

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/John-117
http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Xigbar

Let the fight begin!

NOTE: in this fight master chief is using the Suppressor and the Energy Sword as back-up has a unlimited amount of ammunition.

Oh and if you have any characters you want to have fight than just say and I will consider it and most likely do it if I am out of ideas.

Last edited by mimgrim on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:16 am; edited 3 times in total

descriptionVideo game character battles #1 Master Chief/John-117 vs Xigbar EmptyRe: Video game character battles #1 Master Chief/John-117 vs Xigbar

more_horiz
Xigbar. Chief cannot physically hurt him since he's a Nobody.

descriptionVideo game character battles #1 Master Chief/John-117 vs Xigbar EmptyRe: Video game character battles #1 Master Chief/John-117 vs Xigbar

more_horiz
Xigbar. He manipulates space.

more_horiz
Shane wrote:
Xigbar. He manipulates space.
And yet Sora still beat him. Chief has wayyyyy superior reflex feats than Sora does, and bullets travel faster than Xigbar can react; ergo, even if he teleported once, SPARTANS, and especially Chief, have shown capabilities that would grant him to reasonably detect Xigbar immediately upon coming into a space where he's vulnerable, and wouldn't have the opportunity to live long enough to continue the trick. It's a matter of the fact that Chief cannot do any physical harm to him, since tangible objects would pass through him. I'm not even sure how the KH canon universe works. Goofy and Donald can combat both Heartless and Nobodies, who should only be affected by magical objects (Goofy shouldn't even be around in that case, since none of his shields have magical properties). I mean if an argument as to why Goofy is able to harm these beings (excluding gameplay since that's almost never canon), then Chief should be able to as well, but the mechanics behind these beings contradict what occurs in cutscenes: people being able to harm either with nonmagical weapons.

more_horiz
Danica, the Great wrote:

Nobodies and Heartless can actually be hurt by non keyblad weapons they just can't be permanently killed by them. Donald, Goofy, and Sora's wooden sword in hollow bastion (yes it does damage when you attack with it, I tried it and it actually lowered the HP of the heartless... just not by alot), Riku's soul eater (Not sure on this one actually), Axel's weapons, and ect.. have all proven they can be hurt and even temporarily killed by non keyblade weapons thye just won't stay dead. And this isn't a fight to the permanent death. The only problem with my argument is Roxas in KH2 but eh there are more provens then that contradiction.

So all in all Chief CAN hurt Xigbar just not permanently kill him and this ain't a fight to the death just a fight. x.x

more_horiz
mimgrim wrote:
Danica, the Great wrote:

Nobodies and Heartless can actually be hurt by non keyblad weapons they just can't be permanently killed by them. Donald, Goofy, and Sora's wooden sword in hollow bastion (yes it does damage when you attack with it, I tried it and it actually lowered the HP of the heartless... just not by alot), Riku's soul eater (Not sure on this one actually), Axel's weapons, and ect.. have all proven they can be hurt and even temporarily killed by non keyblade weapons thye just won't stay dead. And this isn't a fight to the permanent death. The only problem with my argument is Roxas in KH2 but eh there are more provens then that contradiction.

So all in all Chief CAN hurt Xigbar just not permanently kill him and this ain't a fight to the death just a fight. x.x
Game mechanics don't apply to canon sources (as with the case of the Wooden Sworn). Also, Axel's weapon and Soul Eater are both magical weapons. Soul Eater is a keyblade, and Axle's Chakra are forged from his being.

more_horiz
Danica, the Great wrote:
Game mechanics don't apply to canon sources (as with the case of the Wooden Sworn). Also, Axel's weapon and Soul Eater are both magical weapons. Soul Eater is a keyblade, and Axle's Chakra are forged from his being.

They can also be destroyed by a energy of pure light, like leon's sword, so assume Chief is using laser weapons instead of fire arms. Hopefully that will be enough for you. :/

more_horiz
mimgrim wrote:
Danica, the Great wrote:

They can also be destroyed by a energy of pure light, like leon's sword, so assume Chief is using laser weapons instead of fire arms. Hopefully that will be enough for you. :/
Well, then I suppose it depends on what Chief has in said fight.

more_horiz
Danica, the Great wrote:
mimgrim wrote:
Danica, the Great wrote:

Alien weapons that use lasers, thats all you have to know about what he is using. x.x

more_horiz
mimgrim wrote:
Danica, the Great wrote:
mimgrim wrote:
Danica, the Great wrote:

Alien weapons that use lasers, thats all you have to know about what he is using. x.x
Then Chief wins with that specific armament, but it should have been specified in the OP. If he has no energy weapons then he loses, so it's a matter of luck. He needs energy weapons and a reasonable amount of ammunition to actually kill him.

more_horiz
Danica, the Great wrote:
mimgrim wrote:
Danica, the Great wrote:
mimgrim wrote:
Danica, the Great wrote:

Then Chief wins with that specific armament, but it should have been specified in the OP. If he has no energy weapons then he loses, so it's a matter of luck. He needs energy weapons and a reasonable amount of ammunition to actually kill him.

OP updated~

more_horiz
You should both reconsider the games mechanics and said weapons and look at how the are equipped.

For instance, did you know Xigbar can teleport without using energy, And he has an infinite amount of ammo for his guns, Sora was the only that could counter this because he had the magic power bestowed to him, so that could react and adapt to the lasers.

Master chiefs suit on the other hand auto hardens once he has fallen more than 35 ft down, although if he hits the ground before those 35 feet it won't harden and the suit will be just like any metal suit falling at a considerable rate, crush crush.

His endurance is only as good as the condition his suit's in. He can only carry 2 weapons at a time, can't even dual wield them, Xigbar can multiply his body to use a total of 6 weapons easy.

I'll update this later.

more_horiz
Game mechanics are NEVER considered canon sources. MC would load Sora with Shredder rounds, and battle over. Again, the KH universe has a very disputable canon source as far as feats go. Most of Sora's feats come from in-game experiences, which again, are never considered canon. Only certain types of cut scenes or in-game actions even have the possibility (which isn't likely) to be considered canon.

more_horiz
[PK] Phoenix King wrote:
You should both reconsider the games mechanics and said weapons and look at how the are equipped.

For instance, did you know Xigbar can teleport without using energy, And he has an infinite amount of ammo for his guns, Sora was the only that could counter this because he had the magic power bestowed to him, so that could react and adapt to the lasers.

Master chiefs suit on the other hand auto hardens once he has fallen more than 35 ft down, although if he hits the ground before those 35 feet it won't harden and the suit will be just like any metal suit falling at a considerable rate, crush crush.

His endurance is only as good as the condition his suit's in. He can only carry 2 weapons at a time, can't even dual wield them, Sora can go into 3 dual wielding forms.

Soras keyblade gives him access to magic, a considerable amount of spells, such as Firaga, which MCs suit has a big weakness to. This should show that Sora could beat MC if he wanted to.

I'll update this when I think of other things I missed.

Except this isn't Sora VS MC its Xigbar VS MC so don't bring in Sora arguments please. And yes I know those things about Xigbar and Chief, Chief also has the reflexes to handle Xigbars teleportation, I also gave MC unlimited ammunition in the OP because of the very fact that Xigbar has unlimited ammunition.

more_horiz
But what you are saying, is that, Xigbar is a little b*tch because he never shows his power in the cutscenes

So gameplay is out the door

more_horiz
Well, that's were you would have to compare Xigbar to other characters to come to a consensus of his capabilities. We already know general powers, but we don't know how powerful his gun is, how much damage he can take, or his strategic capabilities. I haven't played all the KH games, so I can't say with unbiased certainty. The battle goes in favor depending on what Chief is loaded with.

more_horiz
Danica, the Great wrote:
Well, that's were you would have to compare Xigbar to other characters to come to a consensus of his capabilities. We already know general powers, but we don't know how powerful his gun is, how much damage he can take, or his strategic capabilities. I haven't played all the KH games, so I can't say with unbiased certainty. The battle goes in favor depending on what Chief is loaded with.

Op updated again, now he has been given specific weapons.

And don't worry I am learning from my mistakes with this. This is actually my first time doing something like this in fact. Video game character battles #1 Master Chief/John-117 vs Xigbar 3974120512

more_horiz
Unlimited ammunition with any energy weapon (aside from perhaps the sword since Xigbar could teleport away) would be enough to kill him. Energy hotter than the surface temperature of the sun to Xigbars mug, and being a proper source to hurt a Nobody doesn't sound very good, especially when traveling at high velocities.

EDIT: And I can't change my vote for the newly updated OP.

more_horiz
Danica, the Great wrote:
Unlimited ammunition with any energy weapon (aside from perhaps the sword since Xigbar could teleport away) would be enough to kill him. Energy hotter than the surface temperature of the sun to Xigbars mug, and being a proper source to hurt a Nobody doesn't sound very good, especially when traveling at high velocities.

EDIT: And I can't change my vote for the newly updated OP.

Yea, sorry about that, but I have learned and will thus make sure to get all those small detail on all upcoming versus threads. Again, sorry for this mess this first one has been.

more_horiz
Are all your video game character battles going to be this oddly unbalanced?

I mean not to say that Master Chief couldn't take Xigbar in a fight, or vice versa, I figured you would take characters who are similar in demeanor/whatnot and pit them against each other.

The first thing I thought of when I saw "battles" and "Master Chief", was the Death Battle between Master Chief and Doomguy.
https://youtu.be/Vm_MFauHzdo

I'm not saying rip off of Death Battle and use their characters (not saying you can't use the general characters + different matchups), but I'd think it'd be a more competing matchup if you put a more balanced matchup.
ijs

more_horiz
Eheroduelist wrote:
Are all your video game character battles going to be this oddly unbalanced?

I mean not to say that Master Chief couldn't take Xigbar in a fight, or vice versa, I figured you would take characters who are similar in demeanor/whatnot and pit them against each other.

The first thing I thought of when I saw "battles" and "Master Chief", was the Death Battle between Master Chief and Doomguy.
https://youtu.be/Vm_MFauHzdo

I'm not saying rip off of Death Battle and use their characters (not saying you can't use the general characters + different matchups), but I'd think it'd be a more competing matchup if you put a more balanced matchup.
ijs

I don't see how this is so highly unbalanced. Can you explain what you mean by balance actually? Cause in the fight I have set up, they would be pretty even against each other. :/

more_horiz
FPS guy vs RPG dude

unbalanced

more_horiz
Game genres aren't of any relevance. Anyway, I agree on not making spite threads. If you're to pit two people against each other, ALWAYS make sure that you give the persona at a disadvantage a means to be on the same playing field as the other person, preferably with something that they've either wielded, could wield in their respective universe, or could wield in general. Like, "What if Wonder Woman with Witchblade vs Cable." See, Cable obviously rapes her without the Witch Blade, but in an alternate "what if" DC series, she actually had the Witchblade, and killed off the majority of the DC universe. You amended the OP to make it more balanced, but should go into consideration before hand if you know that in fact that it would otherwise be spite.

Anyway, I think that we have our answer for this thread, unless someone has any reasonable objections.

more_horiz
Do Prince of Persia vs Sephiroth next! :U

more_horiz
Danica, the Great wrote:
Game genres aren't of any relevance. Anyway, I agree on not making spite threads. If you're to pit two people against each other, ALWAYS make sure that you give the persona at a disadvantage a means to be on the same playing field as the other person, preferably with something that they've either wielded, could wield in their respective universe, or could wield in general. Like, "What if Wonder Woman with Witchblade vs Cable." See, Cable obviously rapes her without the Witch Blade, but in an alternate "what if" DC series, she actually had the Witchblade, and killed off the majority of the DC universe. You amended the OP to make it more balanced, but should go into consideration before hand if you know that in fact that it would otherwise be spite.

Anyway, I think that we have our answer for this thread, unless someone has any reasonable objections.

I agree genre is irrelevant, but I disagree with hindering another character.
What I meant is that the characters should be moderately similar, but not exactly the same.

I mean, look at Death Battle.
They pit similar characters (not always literally, sometimes just in fame/bonuses/whatever) against each other to see which one would win a fight to the death.
Goku v. Superman
Master Chief v. Doomguy
Mario v. Sonic
Kratos v. Spawn
etc

more_horiz
ok genre kinda matters because of the different scope of powers and how they are measured.

more_horiz
I'm sure the general capabilities and powers of an individual can be measured regardless of game type.

Bashing you with a hammer in an RPG/FPS should proportionally hurt just as much when comparing two characters.
Rendering genre irrelevant.

more_horiz
Eheroduelist wrote:

I agree genre is irrelevant, but I disagree with hindering another character.
What I meant is that the characters should be moderately similar, but not exactly the same.
Well, I didn't say to hinder one character. I said that if you are two choose two characters to battle when its obviously spiteful, then you ought to even up the playing fields by giving the one who is at some sort of disadvantage a handicap, like an artifact. Using the same example, this could be like Wonder Woman vs Cable, which is obviously spiteful, but if you did Wonder Woman with the Withblade vs Cable, then that would be an entirely different story. It's done all the time on comic book versus forums. Another example would be Cyclops vs anybody who is more powerful than Cyclops, and Cyclops with the Gem of Cyttorak vs that same person.

more_horiz
ok lets end this one and start a new one.

more_horiz
Ok, since people want this one to end and because of the mess it has has been I will this one early and will have a new one shortly.

EDIT: NVM, I can't close my polls earlier then what I would want to. So this is still going on till the 5 days are up, but after this poll they will become 3 day ones.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply