Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionA Question About Appropriate EmptyA Question About Appropriate

more_horiz
So I've been told that the way appropriate works is that you activate it when your opponent draws a card outside of his or her draw phase, but you do not draw two cards until the second time this happens.

However, the card's text (the one's I own are 2nd Errata) reads: "Activate only when your opponent draws a card(s), except during their Draw Phase. Draw 2 cards."

So since that's what it says it seems like the card is telling me to draw two cards immediately after activation as there is no text specifying that I must wait until the second time my opponent draws cards outside of his draw phase.

However, the first errata (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Errata:Appropriate) states what I'm being told by other people.

So does the First errata apply, or does the second overwrite it like the first overwrote the original?

I would appreciate it if someone could clear this up for me.

descriptionA Question About Appropriate EmptyRe: A Question About Appropriate

more_horiz
You do not draw cards at activation of Appropriate.

more_horiz
Right, but I'd like to know why exactly. Since the errata was changed why does it still apply. Sorry if this seems obvious to everyone else but I don't understand why they would change it back to the original errata when the rules intend for the first errata to remain in effect.

more_horiz
Konami even admits having made a mistake there.

It's a trigger-like effect which goes on chain, after having activated Appropriate, you do not meet these trigger requirements since you activated Appropriate (which does not equal activating Appropriate's effect).

more_horiz
Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me.

more_horiz
Do you have any other questions regarding the matter?

more_horiz
No, that's all. Thank you.

more_horiz
Answered, locked.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply