Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

DA is looking for two new moderators

+8
Whatup Nab
FSG
Zane Truesdale
The_Nameless
Frisky Badger
Slonaka
Linda-Senpai
Jue Viole Grace
12 posters

descriptionDA is looking for two new moderators EmptyDA is looking for two new moderators

more_horiz
Okay, DA, I'm not fully back yet, two new admins have been promoted from the moderator rank, some are inactive and some retired so we will open new applications for two (2) new moderators, right here, right now.

Applying is simple. Just make sure that your reply includes all points mentioned below.

Application Criteria:
  1. You are required to have a total amount of 250 posts before applying.
  2. You need to have been registered for at least a month.
  3. When replying, include what exactly classifies you as new moderator. Tell us what you would do if you were to become a moderator. Be specific.
  4. Out of all applications, tell us why we should hire !YOU! above others. Again, be specific.

Applications will be open until the 6th of January, midnight, DA time. All applications submitted after that will be ignored.

descriptionDA is looking for two new moderators EmptyRe: DA is looking for two new moderators

more_horiz
Just to clarify: replies are to be posted here.

descriptionDA is looking for two new moderators EmptyRe: DA is looking for two new moderators

more_horiz
1. I have over 2000 posts.
2. Been registered for almost a year.
3. What classifies me to be a mod?: I'm probably the most active member on DA right now, I've been mod on 3 different forums, (and admin on 3 as well). I was mod here before for, and it was removed before I could show what a good job I would do (I was afk when it was given then taken.) And I'd be on all day to moderate the chat, update the league, take care of bad posts, etc.
4. Why hire me above others?: I'm far more active than anyone else, and probably way more experienced too.

Last edited by LoveTaker on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
You are required to have a total amount of 250 posts before applying. Done
You need to have been registered for at least a month. 2 or 3 years on other account[it was named slonaka but some admin changed it so I can re-name this one[not giving names!]]
When replying, include what exactly classifies you as new moderator. Be specific. Well,have been mod in several forums and know everything what I need to do.. also I'm active just dont post that much as the nolifers here
Out of all applications, tell us why we should hire !YOU! above others. Again, be specific. not a f*cking spamer,just wants chance I guess Metal

Last edited by Slonaka on Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:00 pm; edited 3 times in total

more_horiz
1. Nearly 400 posts

2. Registered for 7 months

3. I was promoted to Teacher a month after joining DA and I've held the position since then. I have the most lessons in the classroom at DA and I was awarded Teacher of the Year for 2012. My plans as acting Moderator would be to continue to rebuild the teachers, host more events, and assist in whatever would need doing(like league and such).

4. N and I hangout in the chatbox at the same time for about 8 hours a day. I'm definitely one of the more active members here and I've proven my abilities by being one of the best Teachers at DA.

more_horiz
1. Look to the left <-
2. Member since mid-November
3. I have been very active in DA (aprox 10 posts per day) since I registered and I log on everyday. I have been doing my staff duties good so far and I didn't get inactive in the staff section either and I got Teacher very early, which shows, that I am devoted to the job and I would be again. I contribute to suggestions of others and try to keep the topics I make ordered (e.g. Lessons/ Articles). If I see something is not as it should be I take care of it myself or report it (see Alice-issure). If I became Moderator, I would welcome new members (as I do now), check the BA section regularly and award the DP/ ask for confirmations and update the league. I would also check on the main shop. I am not sure yet, but a little tournament ain't bad right?
4. I'm nameless, who can beat that? Also, I wrote the best (and longest text) and took my time with answering it (which you could also see in my application for the Teacher-position), which means, I take it seriously.
You can trust me with stuff that you hand me, have I disappointed you yet? I have a very fast "career", (Teacher after 2~3 weeks, Ra after 1~2 weeks) which shows my commtiment to the forum.

Concerning none of the above tasks: Please don't ignore me or Frisky just cuz we're teachers...
DA is looking for two new moderators 1943010247

Last edited by The_Nameless on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
1. 700+ posts.

2. Registered well over a year ago.

3. I've had the privilege to have held the title of Obelisk Leader for a while now and feel it may be my time to hand the reins over to someone who would be able to do the job well. If promoted, I would help manage the League, transfer DP, assist new members, post consistently and host more events (including Lives). I would do my job and do it well.

4. Foremost, I'd consider myself to be a very mature and neutral person. I have Moderator/Administrator experience on multiple Forums (both YGO and non-YGO related) and have been a Teacher here previously. On an activity note, even though I am a man of little words, I'd consider myself a very active member (4+ hours/day). Overall, I've proven my dedication to this Forum and I don't plan on changing that.

more_horiz
1. Checked.

2. Checked.

What classifies me to be a mod?: I was admin here, nuff said. I've been staff in a ton of forums, I was also a DN admin. Mhm idk I've already been staff here so amy knows that when I want I can do pro. stuff.

4. Why hire me above others?: I'm far more pro at anything that anyone else. Lol, well I want to try the mod spot for a change so give it to me or else... DA is looking for two new moderators 3353287032

more_horiz
700+ posts

One year and two months.

I am already an assistant so yea. Also I continued the DA Regionals (Swiss) and stuff like that so I feel like I am ready. Also I think I am gonna lock BA duels faster.

I think that I should be hired because I have experience for being admin on some forums. Also I have been the most active for the longest period of time than all of the other people that are registered.

more_horiz

Been on since I think October or maybe longer.

I have a good amount of moderation skills. I was a moderator at TWA, CRYO, QDA and other places. I have outstanding dedication to something/someone that is in need. I consider myself a true thinker so any ideas that could boost DA activity, I can do in no time. I was inactive for a bit but that was due to me writing my book and dueling with my team. I am back and ready to take on a new set of challenges. I'll keep this short since I could go on and on but simply put, I am here to help and do whatever is necessary to do great things for DA. Whatever the cost or determination is needed to do so.

more_horiz

1. Posts= 2216
  2. I have been here for 6 months
  3. Well i am a staff member of DA, and if i were made a moderator i would bring more activity and more topics to talk about in DA because we shouldn't be second when it comes to anything. Also i will do my job like i do my spamming quick and efficiently.
  4. To be honest i have just come into the yugioh forum seen and don't really have much experience BUT i have been active ever since i joined and i want to make a difference here and i get along with people pretty well and I am willing to stick to something until its finished......or i am.
  5. DA is looking for two new moderators 1854617810

more_horiz
1. 2571

2. March 2011 (I think)

I was already a mod. Probably the most efficient one too. I know lots of tricks to do things a lot faster. If I was a mod again I would be making this forum clean and tidy.

My GFX sets me a part from all other applications. I'm not lazy like Neji so when you ask me to do it. It gets done. I'm also pretty skilled in user interface design html and css.

Oh, and it was me who suggested LOKOS as a mod :D

Last edited by Dex on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
^ Incorrect.
I'm also a gfx artist, so it doesn't set you apart from ALL other apps ._.

more_horiz
Leave it to use to decide that, please no more off posts.

more_horiz
All off topic posts will be deleted and +1 warning will be given.

Keep this topic free from spam, please.

more_horiz
All applications will be reviewed.

Results will be made public in 2, maybe 3 or maximum 4 days.

more_horiz
DA, I want you to welcome our two new moderators; ZaneVL and Shane!

Congratulations to those two for making it.

To all others who applied, thank you very much for your interest and participation.
Hopefully you'll consider applying again once we have new opportunities for you to do so.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum